Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The RPG Video Game Plot Generator  (Read 11162 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The RPG Video Game Plot Generator
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 10:49:35 pm »

Doesn't work on Chrome. Try Firefox.

Also holy crap, this is epic. It's just begging for someone to make a game out of this.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 11:25:10 pm »

Also holy crap, this is epic. It's just begging for someone to make a game out of this.

Or possibly a few dozen suspiciously similar games.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 11:37:56 pm »

Or possibly a few dozen suspiciously similar games.
The Witcher Effect: The Quickening.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 04:38:08 am »

You are rewarded with a pre-rendered full-motion CGI video showing you escaping the crumbling ruins of Chaos Mountain with the Key to the Universe Laser in one hand and the mysterious humanoid alien babe with blue skin on your arm

Honestly it is like the person started this as a movie plot generator. This wouldn't happen in an RPG.

i can think of one RPG series that does that....

(*cough* Mass Effect *Cough*)

Ok maybe you aren't actually carrying them out, but you are rushing about with a blue skinned babe with you.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 05:54:10 am »

Ok maybe you aren't actually carrying them out, but you are rushing about with a blue skinned babe with you.

You didn't have any games where after the last boss you carry ANY WOMAN out huh?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 02:22:44 pm »

You didn't have any games where after the last boss you carry ANY WOMAN out huh?
I don't know anyone in a game named ANY WOMAN.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 06:42:36 pm »

Ah, that's my problem.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 08:22:19 pm »

Yup. They all seem sorta similar.

[spoiler=Summary]
You're a space smuggler. You meet a bunch of people while questing a lot, fighting several types of giant spiders (including some which live in the Elemental Plane of Water), and gathering three out of four sacred items, at which point you have to turn over all of them to the alien guy who happens to be the Big Bad. He flies off, taking the "cybernetically enhanced robo-babe" with him after telling you that he intends to use the sacred items to summon an ancient warlord and steal his soul. A dark mage, the second character you picked up, tells you that this dark lord showed up a thousand years ago, and was only defeated by the fabled Anti-Tank Rocket Launcher. This and Vampiric Touch let you beat the Big Bad...too late, for the warlord has been resurrected! You take his power after defeating his four forms and become a demigod who rules over the galaxy. Nice choice there, ancient prophecy. THE END.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2013, 09:36:08 pm »

If you want to be picky, even Pixar movies follow the same formula. It's more obvious here because the generator is recycling a lot of the words :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2013, 09:49:21 pm »

If you want to be picky, even Pixar movies follow the same formula. It's more obvious here because the generator is recycling a lot of the words :P

Finally someone else notices.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 11:23:35 pm »

Ehh. It always end the same. Me becoming a all-powerful demigod dictator. Even in the Japanese version. One would think absorbing the soul of a god would make you a full god, but Nooooo.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 11:35:03 pm »

If you want to be picky, even Pixar movies follow the same formula.
...Hm...not so much, though. Everything seems to be "Meet girl, doomed hometown, Chosen One, quest to find X pieces of the MacGuffin in random places while picking up party members," etc. Pixar has a bit more variation, although I haven't had a time to consider all the Pixar movies yet...
Sig

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2013, 01:38:23 pm »

All JRPGs and Bioware WRPGs are like that.

Really, all stories come from the same set of archetypes but you only know which ones if you read too much TVTropes and if you read too much TVTropes I don't want to watch movies with you.
Shoes...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2013, 01:58:02 pm »

All JRPGs and Bioware WRPGs are like that.
I highly doubt that but don't play enough JRPGs to tell.

Really, all stories come from the same set of archetypes but you only know which ones if you read too much TVTropes and if you read too much TVTropes I don't want to watch movies with you.
Same toolkit? Yes. Same tools, used in the same way, to make the same thing? No.
Sig

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2013, 01:58:49 pm »

Well, I got this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Summary: Ye olde generic fatasy plot with some meta stuff thrown in.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 [2] 3