Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19

Author Topic: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 36852 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #240 on: January 23, 2013, 07:04:39 am »

I feel like with this and the new Animal Crossing, I'll end up getting a 3DS this year also. Do you think the price will go up just before XY's release?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 23, 2013, 08:52:50 am »

Why would the price go up? For the 3DSXL maybe, since thats the newest. But Nintendo is also trying to sell the Wii U, it would be harder to sell either one of them if they were closer in price.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 23, 2013, 09:37:49 am »

The (3)DS(i) (Lite) (XL) is truely the only remaining console that is somewhat decent.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 23, 2013, 11:34:04 am »

Huh, I hadn't heard about this.  It's too bad my gaming time for the foreseeable future is taken (GW2 + Frayed Knights + commuting less = no 3DS time).  I'll probably keep an eye out and get this when it's on sale.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 23, 2013, 11:39:04 am »

No Pokemon has a terrible name until we get into... Japan's love for the letter G.

If we get a Pokemon G and Pokemon K this series has officially jumped the Pokeshark.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 23, 2013, 11:42:44 am »

@Neonivek: Henceforth, shall be known in poke-context as "jumping the Sharpedo".  :P
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Newbunkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 23, 2013, 02:08:23 pm »

I won't be buying a 3DS just for this, but I'm glad they're finally going for 3D. Other games have already done that, like Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 1 & 2. That said, it's not the number of dimensions that bothers me about Pokemon. My biggest peeves are the amount of grinding I have to do if I don't restrict myself to a handful of monsters at the outset, and the whole HM-system. It would be better if these abilities were tied to key items instead of otherwise useless party members. I'm sure I'll be watching a few X/Y Let's Plays on Youtube though.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 23, 2013, 02:09:56 pm »

I don't believe you needed a single HM in Black and White, convenient as they were.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 23, 2013, 03:03:28 pm »

I don't actually know if they're mandatory in B/W(2), but it's been a while since I've had an HM slave in my party. Sometimes it leads to kind of weird setups (my Audino in White2 can Surf!), but they've made most of the HM moves at least decent in battle. Mostly I think I do it because it a useful framework to build a party around.

As for buying a 3DS for X/Y I won't be, but between what's already out and the promise of X/Y I think I really only need one or two more games I'm interested in before I go for it.

As for age/demographic target, I'm also in the adult/relatively young/single male group, and relevant picture:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2013, 03:20:01 pm »

That looks about right.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2013, 03:29:21 pm »

I might buy a 3DS when the full details of the hack are released.

Though then again there still are very few games for it and I don't have any depth perception... so 3D doesn't particularly work or appeal for me either. Hrm...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 23, 2013, 04:03:58 pm »

I don't actually know if they're mandatory in B/W(2), but it's been a while since I've had an HM slave in my party. Sometimes it leads to kind of weird setups (my Audino in White2 can Surf!), but they've made most of the HM moves at least decent in battle. Mostly I think I do it because it a useful framework to build a party around.

As for buying a 3DS for X/Y I won't be, but between what's already out and the promise of X/Y I think I really only need one or two more games I'm interested in before I go for it.

As for age/demographic target, I'm also in the adult/relatively young/single male group, and relevant picture:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In B/W2 not counting surf and fly, you only need to use an HM once during the main story on a randomly placed boulder in victory road
It's FEF, not FEOF

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 23, 2013, 04:30:40 pm »

Meh.

I don't see the point of buying a... what, 300 dollar handheld system in order to play a single 50 dollar game.

On the other hand, Fire Emblem: Awakening REALLY makes me want an emulator, because I feel my money twitching in my pocket to just go and buy the damn 3DS for it.
But yeah, I wish Nintendo made it easier for people to play some of their games without dishing out 300 bucks every year for a new DS. I miss the old gameboy days.

But as for X and Y, I'll keep to my Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire versions. Those are the best pokemans games.
I need to put something interesting here.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 23, 2013, 04:38:07 pm »

Its only that much if you want the bigger XL. A normal new 3DS on amazon right now is ~$160. Still a good bit of money, but much cheaper.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 23, 2013, 04:39:50 pm »

You know what I want? Perspective shots of pokemon while fighting. That would be cool!
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19