Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 36876 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2013, 03:14:13 am »

So the stag doesn't have red/blue/yellow or gold/silver horns. There's orange in there, which isn't any game. Just looks like a rainbow.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2013, 09:17:25 am »

I started up my PMD: Explorers Of Time again, deleted the savefile (that I had no progress on anyway) and ran trough the character questions a few times until I got what I wanted: A charmander. I chose a Treecko for my partner, and now the good ol' PokémonahiPDFf45ih4F54PIH45 (close enough to the name of my team in Blue rescue team.). But not really. I want a cool name, and The Bayteam doesn't fit.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2013, 10:10:03 am »

Good luck, and have fun! But...I can't seem to understand your team name.

And in the mean time, some select fanworks of the new starters, to make up for the rarity of official ones:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Changed to full link.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 10:37:59 am by JWNoctis »
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2013, 11:57:19 am »

That was a long time ago. 7 year old me couldn't think up a good team name. And I now remember why Treecko makes such a good partner: He knows quick attack. In PMD that allows you to attack targets that have a square of space inbetween you and them, even over other friendly pokémon, so he can help me attack enemies while we're in a tunnel.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 12, 2013, 12:43:43 pm »

Reminded me of my own Red Rescue Team playthrough. I engineered answers to the starting questions to get an Eevee, and my partner was a Torchic, with both Focus Energy and Quick attack in his moveset. The good thing about Eevee is the lack of weaknesses against almost anything, and Helping Hands, which is an extremely useful group buff in the game. Vee the Eevee became an Espeon capable of knocking things out several screens away with Psybeam and Shadow Ball partially thanks to a X-ray spec, and Flare the Torchic became a Blaziken one-hitting most things with Blaze Kick. Team's name was Elements, which is plain, but fitting.

That was fun.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 12, 2013, 12:48:34 pm »

I always named my team after a random antagonist team from the main series.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 12, 2013, 12:54:08 pm »

I loved the 'destroy walls" IQ

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 12, 2013, 01:03:33 pm »

I think I like Yveltal's design more than almost all the other cover legendaries. Not quite as much as Groudon or Suicune, but he's pretty rad.
Spoiler: Fun image (click to show/hide)

On the other hand, Xerneas is an engineering nightmare. His center of mass can't possibly be over his legs.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 12, 2013, 01:12:23 pm »

I bet you've plotted out the next pokemon movie with that picture, Barbarossa. :)
Theres about as many of those as there are final fantasy games.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Absolute Niro

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE DOGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2013, 01:39:15 pm »

I still have this strange idea that the latest Pokémon movie is the Rayquaza/Deoxys one, despite like 5 more having come out.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 12, 2013, 01:59:41 pm »

Nah man, that one was the seventh. My roommate and I just watched all of them over the span of two weeks, and the latest was #15. "Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice". Next one's coming out in Japan in July, about Genesect. After that one, maybe.

Admittedly, Destiny Deoxys was just about the last one that stood well on its own as a movie. (Though several after it had their moments.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 12, 2013, 02:03:06 pm »

Nah man, that one was the seventh. My roommate and I just watched all of them over the span of two weeks, and the latest was #15. "Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice". Next one's coming out in Japan in July, about Genesect. After that one, maybe.

Admittedly, Destiny Deoxys was just about the last one that stood well on its own as a movie. (Though several after it had their moments.)
The Giratina movie was not bad I've not seen any since the Arceus movie are the ones after that any good?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 12, 2013, 02:24:51 pm »

I bet you've plotted out the next pokemon movie with that picture, Barbarossa. :)
Theres about as many of those as there are final fantasy games.

I remember a pokémon movie. I also remember that it was totally fucking awesome and that it was about those three element bird things and pikachu in a sort of pokémon city. Also, I'm using the é instead of e in pokémon because azerty fuckyeah.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 12, 2013, 06:02:37 pm »

The three element bird things? You mean Pokemon: Legendaries Randomly Fighting, Part One? Or, as some prefer to call it, Pokemon: The Movie 2000.

On the other hand, Xerneas is an engineering nightmare. His center of mass can't possibly be over his legs.

Remember, this is Pokemon. For all we know, his horns are made of styrofoam with the strength of titanium or something like that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 12, 2013, 06:15:24 pm »

The three element bird things? You mean Pokemon: Legendaries Randomly Fighting, Part One? Or, as some prefer to call it, Pokemon: The Movie 2000.
Hey, I have a bag from that movie! It holds games and has pokemon fighting on the flap.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19