Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Pokemon X & Y  (Read 36911 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2013, 07:18:41 pm »

I was referring to when he said "red and blue in the eyes", implying that there's a picture somewhere that has some part of its eye being red.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2013, 07:24:19 pm »

Well a quick look around the internet really brings up only one source claiming that, and it uses the same picture that he linked. There's a little beige blob on the whites of the eye in question that can look pink because of its blurryness. Maybe that's what caused it?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2013, 08:03:02 pm »

Sorry to burst the collective bubble, but why the hell is everyone so excited about the exact same damn game formula, only this time with 3d graphics and really gay-looking starters?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2013, 08:04:39 pm »

Sorry to burst the collective bubble, but why the hell is everyone so excited about the exact same damn game formula, only this time with 3d graphics and really gay-looking starters?

I think the Fire Starter looks alright.

Though yeah I'd like to know too. Why does anyone still care? There isn't going to be any real innovation here.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2013, 08:13:56 pm »

It's partly nostalgia, of course, Pokemon was the thing during my childhood but it's also because almost all the pokemon games are well-crafted quality games that are fun to play, albeit not very revolutionizing any more.

Those are my reasons, anyway.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2013, 08:14:57 pm »

Just about every game that has more than one iteration follows the same formula.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2013, 08:15:58 pm »

People get far more excited over games with far less longevity. See any recent MMS for an example. Or Final Fantasy for a better comparison since its also an rpgs.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2013, 08:22:03 pm »

Because its fun!
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2013, 08:22:25 pm »

Just about every game that has more than one iteration follows the same formula.

True but it is really what new things it brings that tends to get me excited. When a game comes out that is exactly like the previous with slight alterations. I tend to skip it.

Though I like Silfurdreki's explanation.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2013, 08:54:00 pm »

It's one thing to follow a well-known, likeable formula for a few games. It's another thing to release a new game almost every year for more than 10 years that works in exactly the same way with practically no variation in gameplay.

This is the same reason I tend to dislike sports games.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2013, 08:55:52 pm »

It's one thing to follow a well-known, likeable formula for a few games. It's another thing to release a new game almost every year for more than 10 years that works in exactly the same way with practically no variation in gameplay.

Gen 1: 1996
Gen 2: 1999
Gen 3: 2002
Gen 4: 2006
Gen 5: 2010
Gen 6: 2013

The average time between generations before this was 3.5 years, and this one is a three year gap. That's not rushed at all.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2013, 08:58:13 pm »

Found something interesting on Pokebeach. Xerneas' eyes are red and blue, and have an X-shaped iris. This means that Xerneas contains color references to every single previous game. Red and blue in the eyes, gold and silver in the horns, ruby and sapphire in the horns, black and white in the legs... which makes me think that diamond/pearl are the blue body structure, but I'm not entirely sure on that part.

Gold, silver, ruby, and sapphire on the horns? To me it looks like red, blue, yellow, and beige.

And have we seen its other eye to confirm it's red? I looked at the trailer and I can only see the right one.
Looked tinged beige, but the entire eye hasn't been seen. It could be solid blue for both, and it wouldn't change a whole lot. The red and blue in the horns could also be ruby and sapphire. A la this...

Spoiler: big picture (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2013, 09:00:02 pm »

Hardly no variation. They add new things such as tag battles, contests, and now a bit of a plot (tiny tiny plot).

Also I'd add to it that there are very few games that try to be what pokemon is and do it well and are part of popular conscious. So there is Pokemon or nothing.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 09, 2013, 09:01:04 pm »

Sounds like you're thinking in leap years, then. Or you've mixed up [shooter] with pokemon. Spin-offs not counting, you don't get a pokemon game every year.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 09, 2013, 09:16:58 pm »

Call of Hoen: Modern Pokemon
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19