Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141697 times)

taldarus

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #675 on: July 21, 2015, 07:52:34 am »

*Sleepily stares at screen*

Thanks for the link, and a beta version sounds cool. So badly want to work on this, but must wait for sleep.

ty

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: July 21, 2015, 08:48:51 am »

Most recent spawn-unit as far as I know: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139553.msg6197007#msg6197007

If you can make a fully-automated version of spawn-unit with viewscreen_layer_arena_creaturest which works in all cases I would jump up and down with joy.
I should come into this thread more often.  That is the latest version of spawn-unit I know of except for fixing a typo in line 413, it should read

if args.civ_id then args.civ_id = tonumber(args.civ_id) end

Putnam had mentioned that Sparking might have a version that returns the unit ID.  Haven't had a chance to check that out yet, but it would be useful for fiddling with the spawned creature's mind (setting to attack a specific creature, etc.).
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #677 on: July 21, 2015, 09:17:30 am »

I'd personally like to add a suggestion:
Add equipment and location to the spawned unit.

This way we can fix/work around the lack of invaders in 40.24. We just spawn entire groups of enemies, complete with armor and weapons.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 21, 2015, 10:04:07 am »

I'd personally like to add a suggestion:
Add equipment and location to the spawned unit.

This way we can fix/work around the lack of invaders in 40.24. We just spawn entire groups of enemies, complete with armor and weapons.
Location is already one of the parameters.  Equipment is beyond my DFHackery skills, though there are two or three create-item variants none of them seems to be able to put equipment on a unit.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 21, 2015, 05:13:12 pm »

One to change the quality of enhancements on items. I can go k-change item-q-5 and it'll still have superior encrusts and such.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 21, 2015, 06:26:36 pm »

With viewscreen_layer_arena_creaturest approach it's very easy to add equipment.
There are a number of issues with spawning intelligent creatures, at least if you want them to function as citizens of a civ.  The script above (if hacked to allow it) can spawn a new member of the fort, but he/she has no preferences or dreams or relationships.

Spawned creatures can be adopted as pets, so they can make NEW relationships.  The problem is that they start out with a slate that's a bit too blank.

Given those limitations, no one delved into equipment.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 06:28:11 pm by Dirst »
Just got back, updating:

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #682 on: July 21, 2015, 07:05:47 pm »

With viewscreen_layer_arena_creaturest approach it's very easy to add equipment.
There are a number of issues with spawning intelligent creatures, at least if you want them to function as citizens of a civ.  The script above (if hacked to allow it) can spawn a new member of the fort, but he/she has no preferences or dreams or relationships.

Spawned creatures can be adopted as pets, so they can make NEW relationships.  The problem is that they start out with a slate that's a bit too blank.

Given those limitations, no one delved into equipment.

New dwarves created with viewscreen_layer_arena_creaturest have preferences.
But no relationships of course because it doesn't create a histfig.  On the other hand, relationships totally depend on what you're creating (civ member, pet, invader), so can't be created fully automatically.

taldarus

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 21, 2015, 07:52:38 pm »

hafta re-write this...

Dirst- Your code sounds perfect, gonna study it. Have very little clue how to use it of course, but thats part of the fun :)

Meph- Try building in organic weapons? They wouldn't be lootable, but you could actually add the item as a part of the corpse? Something like:

body:Sworddwarf
   [BP:SW:sword:swords][CON:Right_hand][CATEGORY:STEELWEAPON][DEFAULT_RELSIZE:?]

Then you should be able to alter the materials of the steel weapon to match up with a 'real' one. I could have done this pre v.34, and could try to though together a demo if you wanted. ( I like my mod, but I really can't play w/o Masterwork :)

A link to something like this, but way out of date (I did this w/o internet, btw and am super proud):http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=124299.msg4129409#msg4129409

--OR--

Spawn items at their feet, and hope they pick em up? (I assume someone has tried this though)

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 21, 2015, 08:15:13 pm »

You'll see that the comments in that code give a lot of credit to others.  The parts that look like duct tape would be my contributions :)
Just got back, updating:

taldarus

• Bay Watcher
  • Awkward Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 21, 2015, 10:52:34 pm »

:) I know, its a group effort, but you are where I found it

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #686 on: July 22, 2015, 01:44:01 am »

Organic weapon/armor bodyparts work, but are super clumsy. And for invaders I wouldnt need them to be civ-members of any type, just random hostile units. I can give them basic AI just with BUILDING_DESTROYER or with tags that make them path into your fortress.

All I want is to say "spawn 15 bandits at map edge", makes 15 humans with iron/leather gear. Or "spawn elite orc warband" with specific orc gear and materials. And even better, using creatures that dont have a civ, for example "You angered the forest. Face the wrath of Gaia", spawn 50 treants/Ents on the map edge, ready to tear down your Isengard.

Non-procedually generated invaders, so to speak.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: July 22, 2015, 01:47:17 am »

Equipment is the easy part. We already have good tools for making items, and it's simple enough to equip them on creatures, even in silly ways if you want them to wear their pants on their head or something. The "proper" way to do it would be to have them be separate functionality: one tool for creating units, and one for equipping them. That way if you want to do a magical girl transformation or whatever you can reuse the equipment script to replace what they're wearing.

Hmm...I wonder if wearing armor on your brain would give it extra protection.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #688 on: July 22, 2015, 03:27:17 am »

And the locations can be made "random map edge tile" or something like that? Or "random cavern 1,2,3 map edge tile"

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 22, 2015, 03:39:13 am »

I can write a make-invasion script or something that does that. You'd have to specify which unit equips which item at which body part, which would be tedious copy-paste work, but it shouldn't be too bad.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 61