Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141748 times)

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #615 on: October 04, 2014, 07:33:49 am »

That should be fairly simple, although I'm not sure how much it would impact performance if done with a Lua script. It would probably be more efficient to check every five frames or so (or allow the delay to be configured) than to check every frame.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 07:36:03 am by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 05, 2014, 11:42:53 am »

Since the changes to the [IMMOBILE] tag in DF2014 are causing issues with creatures not being to attack or use interactions at all, would it be possible to prevent a creature from moving with DFHack, but still allowing it to attack?
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD

Korvar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Nearly Enough Dice
« Reply #617 on: October 05, 2014, 01:34:00 pm »

Sorry if this has been already suggested in the 40+ page thread, but being able to add search and filtering to the Slab Engraving menu would be nice. 

So you could find the particular Dwarf you want, or only see those that are ghosts, those that are entombed but not memorialised, and so forth.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #618 on: October 05, 2014, 04:01:22 pm »

Sorry if this has been already suggested in the 40+ page thread, but being able to add search and filtering to the Slab Engraving menu would be nice. 

So you could find the particular Dwarf you want, or only see those that are ghosts, those that are entombed but not memorialised, and so forth.
Doesnt that already exist?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 05, 2014, 05:51:55 pm »

I don't believe it does.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 05, 2014, 06:43:16 pm »

It would be great if building planner could have an option to place memorial slabs only.

And for workflow to auto-carve memorial slabs.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Korvar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Nearly Enough Dice
« Reply #621 on: October 06, 2014, 05:43:57 am »

Doesnt that already exist?

There is added search functionality on Rooms, Units, Jobs and a few others, but not the Slab Engraving specifically.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 06, 2014, 09:42:09 am »

Sorry if this was suggested before; I tried searching the thread and came up empty.

I think it would be neat if the space for the fort mode mini-map could be re-used as a second viewpoint.  I know that there is a way to render things "out of view" of the main window, and that it's possible to draw atop what DF want to put on the screen.  What I don't know is how hard it would be to render an "off-screen" scene of the mini-map's dimensions and draw it in the mini-map's space.

The mini window would be a viewer only and not a real map in the sense of putting the cursor in it.  A DFHack hotkey could zoom the main viewer to where the mini-window is pointing (and it would go nicely with a separate suggestion of having a "back" button to return to previous locations).

The mini window would be ideal for following a unit, and it could also be used to cycle through a series of static views (either checkpoints or hotkey zoom locations, whichever seems more intuitive).  Note that it's using normal map rendering so unseen units won't magically appear on the mini window.

For example, some migrants arrive.  You follow the first one in your mini-window to make sure they don't get eaten by a tiger, but can continue your megaproject in the main window.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #623 on: October 07, 2014, 11:35:54 am »

Sorry if this was suggested before; I tried searching the thread and came up empty.

I think it would be neat if the space for the fort mode mini-map could be re-used as a second viewpoint.  I know that there is a way to render things "out of view" of the main window, and that it's possible to draw atop what DF want to put on the screen.  What I don't know is how hard it would be to render an "off-screen" scene of the mini-map's dimensions and draw it in the mini-map's space.

The mini window would be a viewer only and not a real map in the sense of putting the cursor in it.  A DFHack hotkey could zoom the main viewer to where the mini-window is pointing (and it would go nicely with a separate suggestion of having a "back" button to return to previous locations).

The mini window would be ideal for following a unit, and it could also be used to cycle through a series of static views (either checkpoints or hotkey zoom locations, whichever seems more intuitive).  Note that it's using normal map rendering so unseen units won't magically appear on the mini window.

For example, some migrants arrive.  You follow the first one in your mini-window to make sure they don't get eaten by a tiger, but can continue your megaproject in the main window.
I was wondering, just as well, about my minimap idea as well. I kinda lost track and forgotten about working on it any further (the 1x1 minimap-friendly tileset). But I might try to find some time again to continue/finish it up. Real life distracted my tileset production to a halt, but I think I can find time again to do it.

However, is it possible for anyone to simplify my process, and actually make it a separate DFHack-able?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:40:14 am by Itnetlolor »

katwithk

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist likes kats for their calmness and logic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 12, 2014, 12:52:42 pm »

A simple plugin to read the number of idlers and force a pause (with alert window) when it rises above a configurable number (and/or percentage)

Useful for those of us who DF and do other things at the same time
A tall, slender creature fond of coffee and computers.

rmblr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 13, 2014, 07:41:26 am »

I was thinking of creating a script, or perhaps an addition to copystock, that would let you export stockpile settings for reuse in other save games. This would let us share complex stockpile settings (such as separate stockpiles for High, Medium, and Low value gems).

Anyone interested?

Korvar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Nearly Enough Dice
« Reply #626 on: November 13, 2014, 11:43:32 am »

I was thinking of creating a script, or perhaps an addition to copystock, that would let you export stockpile settings for reuse in other save games. This would let us share complex stockpile settings (such as separate stockpiles for High, Medium, and Low value gems).

Anyone interested?

*raises hand*

katwithk

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist likes kats for their calmness and logic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 13, 2014, 03:13:00 pm »

I second the motion described above.
A tall, slender creature fond of coffee and computers.

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 13, 2014, 10:12:30 pm »

If it doesn't exist already: the ability to inscribe a slab with more than one name, to get some sort of honor roll type building and remove the clutter of having 10000 slabs all over the place. Maybe have an (optional) limit to the number of names per slab.

Would really love to see that.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 13, 2014, 11:12:14 pm »

If it doesn't exist already: the ability to inscribe a slab with more than one name, to get some sort of honor roll type building and remove the clutter of having 10000 slabs all over the place. Maybe have an (optional) limit to the number of names per slab.

Would really love to see that.
Maybe it should have to be an artifact.  We can call it Lord Stanley's Cup.  :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 61