Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141680 times)

MeMyselfAndI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #495 on: June 01, 2014, 06:27:25 pm »

gui/mechanisms already does this. 
...How did I miss that?

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/blob/develop/needs_porting/copypaste.cpp

It's an old proof-of-concept for this, which needs to be updated to the current version.  I know nothing more, but it does seem possible - and I'd also love to see this updated.
Wow that's messy. (hardcoded commands, etc)

Would a lua script be easier, I wonder?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #496 on: June 01, 2014, 06:30:47 pm »

I think thats more Falconnes domain, he is the only one who has written something like this.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 01, 2014, 07:28:20 pm »

Also, a nudge/cut/copy/paste designation tool would be awesome. (Especially if it included a mode to copy already-dug areas as "to be dug" - select the floor of the bedrooms that you already dug and copy-paste it a layer down, for example) If possible, including a way to copy buildings as "to be built" - as though you just built a new bed (or whatever) in the new location and am at the materiel selection screen. (So copy a furnished bedroom and paste it into an unfurnished bedroom and it displays the materiel selection screen for the bed, then the table, and the chair, and the chest, etc.)

That's on my todo list for the building planner plugin.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 01, 2014, 07:37:59 pm »

I'm serious when I say I have no idea, beyond the existence of the old copypaste.cpp

Which reminds me, there are two plugins I'd love to see fixed up:
hotkeynotedump.py seems kinda useful, and trivial to port to a script for anyone who can do lua. 
hellhole.cpp is probably a lot more complicated, but it instantly creates a hole to hell.  How has the community gone years without this function?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 04, 2014, 11:39:21 pm »

a plugin that has trees beget more trees (since tree growth rate can't really be controlled).

So, a tree will have a random chance of spawning a sapling onto a nearby square.

Variable could be adjusted in the plugin.

Maybe even flags for modifying the age length of tree growth by randomly upgrading a few of the saplings on the map up a notch every month, the chance of a sapling being upped to a tree could be a variable set in the plugin.

Something similar for plants could be done as well.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 05, 2014, 12:25:29 am »

a image upscaling plugin (say using xbr or hqx)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 05, 2014, 12:51:26 am »

a plugin that has trees beget more trees (since tree growth rate can't really be controlled).

So, a tree will have a random chance of spawning a sapling onto a nearby square.

Variable could be adjusted in the plugin.

Maybe even flags for modifying the age length of tree growth by randomly upgrading a few of the saplings on the map up a notch every month, the chance of a sapling being upped to a tree could be a variable set in the plugin.

Something similar for plants could be done as well.
We (and i mean mostly Quietust) thought of a great idea, using 1x1 farm with full fertilization as a trigger for tree growth. But we (probably just me :) ) wanted to somehow allow selecting which species of tree to grow and that is where we stopped.
Also don't forget that we have new df version very sooooon with totally different ideas about trees. On related note: will the 1-tile-tree still exist in next version?

Edit: also forgot to mention main reason we had that 1x1 farm idea: there would be no need to regenerate the world. It would be easy to add a new type of seed and catch when you plant it but that needs a world regen.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 01:04:10 am by Warmist »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 05, 2014, 12:57:09 am »

IIRC, trees grow from a sapling to 1-tile, then keep growing. 

Literal tree-farming sounds fun, and you could combine it with Falconne's getplants to automate the whole thing :)
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #503 on: June 05, 2014, 06:04:46 am »

Just saying that I really like the idea of tree-planting/farming, as it would fit perfectly into playable elves. :) Grow walls and rooms and large forests.

Would go right together with grass planting. Embark on a desert, make it a paradise.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 05, 2014, 06:17:05 am »

been screwing around with the sizes of forts and it got me thinkin what happens if you move the site?
does all your progress move also or does it stay where you left it? if someone went in and change the min/max X/Y of a fort to be 3 tiles to the left then reclaim the site then retire/abandon the place will that just move the 3x3 tile identifier of the fort 3 spaces to the left or add 3x3 block on top of the previous place?
If there's a way to grow a fort with out having to sacrifice cpu memory to load up a 14 x14 size map I would do that in a heart beat.
So far I haven't gone heavy into testing this since results of fiddling with forts usually ended up with crashing on unloading the dang things.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #505 on: June 05, 2014, 06:38:39 am »

What? You mean "Expand the site of construction to the east", and a 3x3 embark becomes a 3x4 embark? Thats a pretty epic idea.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 07:40:22 am by Meph »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 05, 2014, 07:32:18 am »

I asked about modifying embark size after embark a while ago (maybe even in this thread). Hurmph!

MeMyselfAndI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 05, 2014, 08:21:01 am »

Another suggestion:

It would be nice to have (persistent) toggles (yes / no / don't care) for classes of construction materials. So stone / wood / metal / glass / magma-safe / fire-safe / value.

Or for mechanisms / traps: quality / value / magma-safe / fire-safe

You can do this manually, but it gets tedious to do it for every designation, and forbidding things while you build causes cancellation spam elsewhere.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 05, 2014, 09:38:04 am »

Instead of a plugin, I was thinking a dfhack script would do well enough to initiate the tree growth.

Then I could mod it into a workshop as a custom reaction.

t would be nice if I could build a workshop (say Gaia controller) that produces output (i.e. custom reaction/dfhack script) without a dwarf having to operate the job constantly.  Then I could build it, set it AnD forget it without having to build a huge DLL plugin
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:02:11 am by thistleknot »

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 05, 2014, 03:53:22 pm »

How about a renderer that shows multiple z-levels at the same time?

Something like this (from an old thread)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:23:58 pm by Quarterblue »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 61