Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141593 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #450 on: April 11, 2014, 04:11:59 pm »

...I'm kind of bothered by the fact that I never think of these things and you always have to come out and suggest it for me to even consider the notion. I really need to figure out in what way I'm thinking wrong.

I'll see what I can do after my volunteer work.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #451 on: April 11, 2014, 05:45:31 pm »

...I'm kind of bothered by the fact that I never think of these things and you always have to come out and suggest it for me to even consider the notion. I really need to figure out in what way I'm thinking wrong.

I'll see what I can do after my volunteer work.
Dont take it too serious. I am bothered by the fact that I always have to bother people to get such things done, instead of being able to do it myself. Just call it team work or resource splitting. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 11, 2014, 06:10:26 pm »

Well I know you can see what animals a race has access to with;
Code: [Select]
df.global.world.entities.all[X].resources.animals.pet_races
df.global.world.entities.all[X].resources.animals.pet_castes
But I have never tried adding or subtracting available pets and such, I have no idea if it would work.

There is also wagon_races, pack_animal_races, wagon_puller_races, mount_races, minion_races, and exotic_pet_races.

Also under resources there is options for metals, stones, items, plants, etc... Also have not tried adding or subtracting from these lists.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #453 on: April 12, 2014, 02:44:32 am »

urist da vinci wrote a script rhat could do this for trees. I assume it could be modified... ghe issue was that it had to be run manually... it targets specific civs, so it needs to run after you load a world.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 12, 2014, 11:41:28 am »

Name a file "onLoad.init" and put it in your raws folder and it'll run scripts juts like dfhack.init, but when a save is loaded that has onLoad.init in its raws folder.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #455 on: April 12, 2014, 12:22:06 pm »

Thats a new dfhack r4 feature? The script works and removes specific woods... i dont know about the rest. I couldnt find it with the search function, but i know that urist davinci wrote it.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 15, 2014, 01:21:36 pm »

So I came across a script that putnam put together called advslab, it creates a slab with custom text from the player that an adventurer could read later on.

I was wondering if this type of thing would be possible with books? I know that df.item.slabst can be changed to df.item.bookst but what I don't know is if descriptions can be appended multiple times.

possibly with an automatic ingame date heading for every journal entry 

I made a suggestion a long while ago about adventurer written books but now I'm wondering if Dfhack can provide what I'm looking for.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 01:50:16 pm by DVNO »
Al mondo mal non e senza rimedio

Reach me via Bitmessage ~ BM-2DC7sWixk2iSKThdX9thhyrxWBeWRXUEv9

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #457 on: April 15, 2014, 02:18:29 pm »

Thats a nice idea. Warmist has to get here, he made a peototype of dwarves that write their thoughts on a billboard. Would be so amazing if dwarves had a personal journal you can look at, and see their entries with fitting dates.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 15, 2014, 02:18:52 pm »

I did some research on books. Did not have full success, but the idea is that there is book (which has only title) and than you add item improvement "PAGES". That holds a vector of something (don't remember what though...).

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #459 on: April 15, 2014, 02:21:39 pm »

23 secs after I say "Warmist should get here..."

:D

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 15, 2014, 02:30:50 pm »

Actually you posted as i was writing out my thoughts :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #461 on: April 15, 2014, 02:36:03 pm »

Pst... they dont need to know that. Just pretend you have psychic abilities or something like that... ;)

But yeah, what happened to adcslab? I wanted to add a fortress version of that, but never quite found the time before I left.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 15, 2014, 02:40:50 pm »

I've so far this is where I've gotten,

A custom material book with a custom title.

Wonder if ForumDwarves and it's .txt input and output has the answers I need ....

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 15, 2014, 02:47:12 pm »

I'm currently looking into the system, it looks like you write books by adding events and so on... Not by typing out words. So not sure how useful that would be.

DVNO

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 15, 2014, 03:05:15 pm »

Oh, adding events would be one way to do it, I suppose.

I was thinking of another way to get around a book not having a discription, make the book have a corresponding .txt in, say, /df/books and let the .txt be a string container for whenever the book is interacted with in the game.

If the adventurer tries to read it, DFHack shows the .txt as string in a in-game GUI. If the adventurer tries to write in it, it adds a new line to the .txt. 

Would something like that be a good workaround?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:13:31 pm by DVNO »

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 61