Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141571 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #435 on: March 30, 2014, 03:01:23 pm »

Silly suggestion that ties into meph's idea for his plugin:

what if the invading force was just another embark group? and you have to deal with a group of settlers building on your 'land'
Like we have digging invaders and building destroyers but what about Fortifying invaders who chop your wood and build their own city... on your lawn. do what you would do if you embark on top of another civ.

Though I wonder how one could pull this off, use any of the auto fort programs but tie it to any one with the invader flag?
Use the adventure fort mode script but have it tie to the invading party and write a bunch of macros?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Frango Nicolbidok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 03, 2014, 08:15:59 pm »

Suggestion: A plugin that makes it so that you can trap things that normally TRAPAVOID. Somebody suggested it would work better if it instead made the creature Webbed and just walked over the trap. I'm talking about things that you cannot change their Raws (clowns)
However, now I wanted some more challenge and embarked to evil biome.
"Terrifying screams come from above!"

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 03, 2014, 08:46:35 pm »

what if the invading force was just another embark group? and you have to deal with a group of settlers building on your 'land'
Like we have digging invaders and building destroyers but what about Fortifying invaders who chop your wood and build their own city... on your lawn. do what you would do if you embark on top of another civ.

Though I wonder how one could pull this off, use any of the auto fort programs but tie it to any one with the invader flag?
Use the adventure fort mode script but have it tie to the invading party and write a bunch of macros?

O_O

This would be massively difficult. I don't see myself ever having enough time to do that. Digging invaders was a superproject in itself.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 04, 2014, 03:46:22 am »

O_O

This would be massively difficult. I don't see myself ever having enough time to do that. Digging invaders was a superproject in itself.
Megaproject of large caliber it is hmm now to figure out how to make a macro out of advfort so that any one assign will start building stupid crud.
wait warmist made a channel command for companions so there's possibility for an invader leader and his lackys to do fort mode jobs. the only issue I have is that I really don't know how to write an ai to build another fort.
pretty much need some kind of auto fort builder with tree designations and what not and hope I can feed it into warmist adventure fort.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:51:38 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 04, 2014, 12:21:33 pm »

diggingInvaders assigns jobs to nonfort units, so that part's fine. It's the AI that's the hard part.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #440 on: April 07, 2014, 09:36:14 am »

Honestly, I dont think it will be worth the trouble. The idea is neat, but if your fort can handle 50-100 armed units, it should be easy to butcher invading settlers, long before they have any infrastructure to defend themselves.

I would be more intersted in custom attacks in general. If x happens, spawn y units with z equipment on xyz map-edge/cavern... it would be a lot of fun to simulate little bandit attacks or adventurers or any equipped unit that ist not in a civ. A cult, a megabeast with followers, a group of plaguebearing traders... anything thats more interesting than ambush/siege.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 07, 2014, 09:37:57 am »

it would be more interesting (imho) when they would not be attacking, but just e.g. setting a shop or a tavern and then trading the shit out of your dwarves :D

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 07, 2014, 10:07:21 am »

it would be more interesting (imho) when they would not be attacking, but just e.g. setting a shop or a tavern and then trading the shit out of your dwarves :D
or hell with all these new building types having a resident gnome villa in a Dwarf fort won't be so bad.
then again df-ai led to 3 pages of merchants willing to trade with the AI so who knows

Then I realize the Gobbo hate the humans and Drow so Dwarves kinda sat there watching 2 factions Go ape shit and murder each other.
I guess I could just figure out how to target a merchant caravan and expand from that.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 08, 2014, 05:17:26 am »

Is there a way to make driftwood harvestable?

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 10, 2014, 12:09:48 pm »

Why wont anyone make a GUI for stonesense?
MOR GRAFIX!
NO NEED FOR ALT TAB ALL TE TIEM!
OR TWO MONITORS

lul go team caldfir
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 12:31:26 pm by magmaholic »
I am a Goober.

SeelenJägerTee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 11, 2014, 05:17:59 am »

A script to save your embark party would be nifty.
I tend to design my embark pretty carefully.
When I load an embark scheme the skills are assigned according to the dwarfs list place in embark screen. However now the dwarves are diffent ones from when I created the embark scheme so it basically becomes useless as I have to do it all over again.
Usually I play with the startdwarf 10 command and it gets pretty annoying to review EVERY dwarf and reassign all the skills to the most fitting dwarf.

If there was a script to save your starting party and load it at a later timepoint this would come in really handy.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 11, 2014, 03:18:09 pm »

parralel processing?
maybe utilizing the graphics card?
Would be neat.It does not have everything that is parralel-processed,only the hardest tasks.
I am a Goober.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 11, 2014, 03:20:38 pm »

We're not adjusting the source here and there's really nothing that can be parallelized that would have quite the FPS effect people like to imagine.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 11, 2014, 03:39:53 pm »

Oh,fork.
eternal suggestion voting it is.
Tis` already in the 9th place.
I am a Goober.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #449 on: April 11, 2014, 03:58:22 pm »

Here a suggestion: A way to force a specific plant, material or pet/mount on a race.

Ignoring all biome tags and COMMON_DOMESTIC etc, you could add these with the script. For example give goblins only access to Wargh-mounts and war-trolls. And the elves suddenly trade lembas plants, which you can only get from them and no matter the worldgen, they would always have access to it.

I know some things can be done with biomes and entity tags, but its unrelyable to impossible, at least when you have 10+ races as MDF has.

I would love to have Automatons attack with clockwork spiders, while humans ride steelclad horses and kobold traders arrive on pack-pigs. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 61