Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141509 times)

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #420 on: March 05, 2014, 12:58:33 pm »

How about a salt extractor? A reaction that uses saltwater buckets and charcoal and outputs salt powder bags. If such a workshop exists it could also grind rock salt into salt bags too.
I'm honestly interested. Is there a way to differentiate salt water from fresh water in reactions? Or at least make it so a workshop isn't available if there isn't any salt water?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 05, 2014, 07:06:28 pm »

I've been avoiding using impulse ramps on my more serious forts, but I could still use rollers to get the carts back to the top.
This is an efficient powered setup.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 06, 2014, 04:08:24 am »

This is an efficient powered setup.
Bookmarked. Cheers.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #423 on: March 06, 2014, 11:44:59 am »

How about a salt extractor? A reaction that uses saltwater buckets and charcoal and outputs salt powder bags. If such a workshop exists it could also grind rock salt into salt bags too.
I'm honestly interested. Is there a way to differentiate salt water from fresh water in reactions? Or at least make it so a workshop isn't available if there isn't any salt water?
Without custom logic in DFHack, no, it is not possible - in-game, salt water is simply water that has salt "contaminants" on it (the same way swords can be coated with blood and blowdarts can be coated with venom). There's the additional issue that dwarves do not fill buckets with water unless they intend to use them immediately, and that only happens with hardcoded jobs (and it also forces the water collected to be drinkable, so they won't collect salt water in the first place).
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:49:09 am by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #424 on: March 06, 2014, 12:07:08 pm »

+1 from me. Saltwater filter sounds very helpful.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: March 06, 2014, 02:47:29 pm »

Without custom logic in DFHack, no, it is not possible - in-game, salt water is simply water that has salt "contaminants" on it (the same way swords can be coated with blood and blowdarts can be coated with venom). There's the additional issue that dwarves do not fill buckets with water unless they intend to use them immediately, and that only happens with hardcoded jobs (and it also forces the water collected to be drinkable, so they won't collect salt water in the first place).

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean by "custom logic"? And won't dwarves use buckets if they have to fill a pond?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 06, 2014, 03:14:49 pm »

Custom logic meaning replacing the normal reaction function with one that removes water salt for that particular reaction.

Kyphis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 15, 2014, 04:54:11 am »

Is there any way to rename individual generic items in a running fort? Its driving me slightly mad trying to find a way through brute force (don't really know much about coding, learning slowly)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:09:19 am by Kyphis »

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 17, 2014, 08:26:19 am »

Is there a way to trigger a party at a given date and customize the announcement? For instance, the dwarves would throw some sort of New Year's Eve party every 1st of Spring or something.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 17, 2014, 10:45:00 am »

Is there any way to rename individual generic items in a running fort? Its driving me slightly mad trying to find a way through brute force (don't really know much about coding, learning slowly)

Maybe if it was made into an artifact without actually increasing the quality. Hmm.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 17, 2014, 01:44:24 pm »

Maybe if it was made into an artifact without actually increasing the quality. Hmm.
Or figure out the named weapons/armor?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #431 on: March 17, 2014, 02:28:46 pm »

There are only two ways (that I know of) that an item can have a special name:

1. the item has a PetInfo record connected to it (which likely also requires that it be a tame vermin), which would make it also show up in the Z-Animals screen.
2. the item has an Artifact record connected to it, which would make it also show up in the Artifacts list.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: March 17, 2014, 04:44:08 pm »

There are only two ways (that I know of) that an item can have a special name:

1. the item has a PetInfo record connected to it (which likely also requires that it be a tame vermin), which would make it also show up in the Z-Animals screen.
2. the item has an Artifact record connected to it, which would make it also show up in the Artifacts list.
Are those named-weapons (i.e. the ones that dwarves give names to) done through artifact records?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 17, 2014, 04:48:22 pm »

That would be why they show up in the artifacts list, wouldn't it?

Kyphis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 19, 2014, 09:32:25 pm »

Welp, after much testing that does indeed look like the only way I will be able to give generic items names. Sadly that doesn't work very easily for things like Bolts. Thanks for your help!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 61