Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141559 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #405 on: February 24, 2014, 07:53:29 am »

Don't have an access to headers to check but there might be enum attributes (e.g. how tile types have more info in their enum) for item types. If that is not the case then you could try (a bit ugly?) safe call variant to e.g. build the list or just check if the field exists.
Code: [Select]
local ret,err = pcall(function() return item.subtype end)
if i remember the syntax correctly.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 24, 2014, 09:59:20 am »

item:getSubtype() (returns -1 if no subtype, returns other number if it has) works too.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 24, 2014, 06:08:57 pm »

Could someone make something to change the effects of a biome?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 25, 2014, 03:34:35 pm »

Conveyor belts: Single tile buildings which when receiving power move items in a specific direction. Items sat on them should be automatically forbidden, once moved off a conveyor belt they should be unforbidden.

Mostly this is something I'd like because I use vertical shafts to drop items from the surface and they keep hitting the haulers at the bottom.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 27, 2014, 09:47:20 am »

How about a salt extractor? A reaction that uses saltwater buckets and charcoal and outputs salt powder bags. If such a workshop exists it could also grind rock salt into salt bags too.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 28, 2014, 10:24:03 pm »

Mostly this is something I'd like because I use vertical shafts to drop items from the surface and they keep hitting the haulers at the bottom.
Can't this be done in-game, especially if you're willing to use power?

Have a one-stop route that pushes the minecart down the shaft and onto a roller. The minecart rolls forwards, past a lowest-friction track stop that dumps the cart's items, and onto a stockpile that accepts minecarts. Because the minecart doesn't need to be hauled to a stockpile, it's immediately ready to go back onto its stop.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 02, 2014, 10:58:56 pm »

Have a one-stop route that pushes the minecart down the shaft and onto a roller. The minecart rolls forwards, past a lowest-friction track stop that dumps the cart's items, and onto a stockpile that accepts minecarts. Because the minecart doesn't need to be hauled to a stockpile, it's immediately ready to go back onto its stop.
It would need to be hauled back up to the top of the shaft right?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #412 on: March 03, 2014, 01:20:25 am »

Floor hatch and pressure plate? Hauler gets close to drop-zone, walks over plate, closes hatch, nothing can hit him, items pile up on the hatch one z-level above, hauler takes item from ground, walks away, steps on plate again, opens hatch, next batch of dropped items lands on the floor, ready to be taken by the next hauler.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 03, 2014, 01:52:27 am »

Floor hatch and pressure plate? Hauler gets close to drop-zone, walks over plate, closes hatch, nothing can hit him, items pile up on the hatch one z-level above, hauler takes item from ground, walks away, steps on plate again, opens hatch, next batch of dropped items lands on the floor, ready to be taken by the next hauler.
This is what I figure I'll have to do along with limiting it to one hauler at a time, would still like to see conveyor buildings, though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #414 on: March 03, 2014, 01:56:08 am »

This is what I figure I'll have to do along with limiting it to one hauler at a time, would still like to see conveyor buildings, though.

Masterwork DF - Gnome Fortress has powered conveyor belts, thanks to IndigoFenix. The race is still in developement, but you can play it. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Chaos17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 03, 2014, 05:05:32 am »

Make a plugins for Workflow to be able to craft set of equipements/cloths ?
I'm asking this because at the moment I've to enable one by one each piece of equipement that I wish to craft on the workshop.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 04, 2014, 04:17:52 am »

Masterwork DF - Gnome Fortress has powered conveyor belts, thanks to IndigoFenix. The race is still in developement, but you can play it. :)
Nice! I will have to check it out.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 04, 2014, 05:06:39 pm »

A script that would trigger only when a certain square is walked across.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 04, 2014, 09:48:19 pm »

I was thinking impulse elevator. I made a little test setup -- the elevator covers a 3x3 area, and the minecart drops down the shaft in the middle of the elevator and slams onto the roller.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: March 05, 2014, 04:15:01 am »

I was thinking impulse elevator. I made a little test setup -- the elevator covers a 3x3 area, and the minecart drops down the shaft in the middle of the elevator and slams onto the roller.
I've been avoiding using impulse ramps on my more serious forts, but I could still use rollers to get the carts back to the top.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 61