Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141466 times)

mc876898

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #315 on: October 20, 2013, 01:18:13 am »

Adventure mode inventory sorting.

The sort-items function doesn't seem to handle adventure mode. It says I'm in the wrong UI.

Kyphis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 20, 2013, 04:32:32 am »

I'm currently working on reliably and quickly creating plants in any tile I want.

I've already published my current results so far here. Essentially what I aim for is to expand the Tiletypes plugin.

My current obstacle is reliably finding the tile that contains the plant data pointing to my target tile - there are 625 possible tiles to search through, and it looks like each tile has six data entries as well, giving a grand total of 3750 data entries to search through.

What I currently need is a script that , when given (x,y,z) coordinates, searches through the "tile.plants[ x].pos" entries for a coordinate match with the input coordinates. Since the maximum variance is +/- 12, that means that what I need is a script that begins checking on x,y coordinates of -12 and continue through until it reaches x,y of +12. Ideally it would also stop if it found a match. If it fails to find a match print something like "No matches found", if it finds a match print something like "Tile Coordinates (x,y,z), set [ x]".

Anyone know how hard this is going to be to do? I am not a coder - I can read it, but I can't really write it easily :P

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 20, 2013, 09:08:48 am »

Can we propose dfhack patches in here?

Id like to see a fix for the miner, woodcutter,abusher, miltia weapon dropping/equipment mismatch issue.

Not sure if still an issue, but i read that once all fish have been fished, the map doesnt produce more. That seems like a good target to be fixed

Kyphis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 20, 2013, 05:44:47 pm »

Not sure if still an issue, but i read that once all fish have been fished, the map doesnt produce more. That seems like a good target to be fixed
I believe if you edit the population numbers (there is a tool in dfhack that lets you) you can repopulate. I usually just use it to get a couple thousand sea serpents to think of my fort as home :P

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 20, 2013, 07:28:21 pm »

Sounds halfway fixed. I could write a simple plugin to check the levels and repopulate as needed.

Of course i dont think ive ever ran out of fish.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 07:49:11 pm by thistleknot »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 24, 2013, 09:40:48 pm »

Suggestion for partial bar readings at smelters and magma smelters: This should give you a readout of what percentage of a bar or wafer of which materials you have at the smelter. This should help with designating melt jobs.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 25, 2013, 09:34:20 am »

I assumed it was pre installed.

oops wrong thread
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 11:03:44 am by thistleknot »

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 20, 2013, 08:00:51 pm »

Would it be possible to teleport visitors from a certain civ down to a cavern edge whenever they enter your map? Cavern traders, ambushes, and sieges are things I've wanted to see for ages.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #323 on: November 25, 2013, 01:18:42 pm »

Would it be possible to teleport visitors from a certain civ down to a cavern edge whenever they enter your map? Cavern traders, ambushes, and sieges are things I've wanted to see for ages.
Expwnent mentioned something about it being possible. Teleporting your embark crew down there, then unreveal the map, and revflood the cavern. Zeah, Cavernembark. :)

Cavern ambushes and sieges are already possible and modded into MDF.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 26, 2013, 10:17:36 am »

Expwnent mentioned something about it being possible. Teleporting your embark crew down there, then unreveal the map, and revflood the cavern. Zeah, Cavernembark. :)

Cavern ambushes and sieges are already possible and modded into MDF.
that or say make a site and embark as an adventurer directly under the ground and using revflood would also work.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 04, 2013, 02:51:51 am »

a plugin to mark all ore's as flagged for mining

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 04, 2013, 05:30:34 am »

I'd love a script that could export all the information that it's possible to export from legends mode - and if at all possible add a GUI hint for it.  This should be fairly easy to do the basics for, since "exportmaps.lua" already handles all the detailed maps.  All that needs to be added is the XML, sites/pops/map, and site maps.  I tried, but I don't actually use Lua and I kept running into errors - xml worked alone but not combined, and the others stuff I never got. 

I've already got a batch script that processes a complete set of exports, and I'm in the process of porting it to Python 3 (as a learning exercise, and for cross-platform availability).  If a dfhack script could export everything, I could then append a call to the processor for the LNP and everything would be super-easy for newbies; exploring the worldgen is a massively underrated activity that could be made way more accessible. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 06, 2013, 08:49:32 am »

Could someone write a script, that would spawn a fixed amount of meat when a type of animal was being butchered? If it would be settable in the raws it would be perfect. Adjusting the amount by relative creature size is optional, but would be welcomed.

Trying to mod how much meat an animal gives is a nightmare.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 06, 2013, 10:03:03 am »

a plugin to mark all ore's as flagged for mining

Already done. See digtype.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #329 on: December 07, 2013, 05:36:33 am »

I am still big in support of a power-plugin for workshops... even if its only workshops and the axles and building have to be build in a special order... power-needing workshops would be so awesome. Machinery has so few uses atm.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 61