Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141514 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #240 on: June 06, 2013, 08:53:02 pm »

A quick suggestion / request for a plugin:  a GUI popup to type dfhack commands without changing windows. 

Makes fullscreen more attractive, less break in immersion than alt-tab all the time, etc.  Any idea how difficult this would be?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 06, 2013, 11:44:04 pm »

Certainly possible. Probably easier than the existing unit labor management screen. I personally have no idea how to do it, though.

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 06, 2013, 11:50:36 pm »

I like your tool a lot. Is there a way it could work in arena mode?

I haven't used arena mode before.  Looking into it, all I needed to do was remove the requirement for dfhack.isWorldLoaded().  So updated to version 1.02

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 07, 2013, 01:21:43 pm »

Fantastic! :) This will be a big help to my personal science. I've always lacked a proper bodysize probe.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 07, 2013, 01:34:05 pm »

There's a plugin to add syndromes for units with high skills, could the same be done for attributes, so I can for example give a dwarf with high liberalness a syndrome which makes it semi-crazy liberal?
._.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 07, 2013, 01:53:31 pm »

There's a plugin to add syndromes for units with high skills, could the same be done for attributes, so I can for example give a dwarf with high liberalness a syndrome which makes it semi-crazy liberal?

Really? That's great. Please give me a link to that script and info about it.

EDIT:
> It's called SkillSyndrome IIRC.
I know what's it called, I suggested the name. I just wasn't aware that it was written and is available. Give me!

EDIT2:
Oh well, just add syndromes from attributes to the TODO list for skillsyndrome then.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:26:25 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 07, 2013, 02:01:13 pm »

It's called SkillSyndrome IIRC.

EDIT: Uh, I for some reason thought you have already made it. Me fail at life forever.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 02:40:05 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 07, 2013, 02:56:22 pm »

I started then, uh, stopped, because I realized that lua isn't the best way to go about writing something like that.

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 07, 2013, 03:29:33 pm »

A quick suggestion / request for a plugin:  a GUI popup to type dfhack commands without changing windows. 

Makes fullscreen more attractive, less break in immersion than alt-tab all the time, etc.  Any idea how difficult this would be?

For linux users it is as simple as installing a program called "guake" and opening dfhack through that. I am not sure how dfhack is loaded in windows though....

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 13, 2013, 12:04:47 am »

For linux users it is as simple as installing a program called "guake" and opening dfhack through that. I am not sure how dfhack is loaded in windows though....

I was thinking something more along the lines of the various hack/script/gui things, so it would blend in with the game - well, as much as a command line can, which in DF seems more reasonable than usual. 

Edit:  something like the gui/rename popup, but 'input dfhack command' or something. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 12:08:24 am by PeridexisErrant »
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 13, 2013, 04:19:04 am »

In Windows, DFHack loads as part of the Dwarf Fortress process by masquerading as the SDL library.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Rogue Yun

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware of the Carp
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 13, 2013, 05:56:02 pm »

In Windows, DFHack loads as part of the Dwarf Fortress process by masquerading as the SDL library.

Thank you kindly.

I have a suggestion for a plugin... though this might be considered too much of a cheat/exploit.

I was using the autotrade plugin and that got me to thinking. Is there or could there be a plugin that periodically designates a stockpile to be dumped/melted? I can think of a number of ways that would be helpful to me. Auto-clearing refuse piles, auto-generating steel from leggings and trap parts (combined with the automelt plugin), auto-dumping poorly made furniture so workflow doesn't count it.... etc.  Thanks in advance.

.:Simple Mood 16x16 ASCII:.
Keep it Simple. Keep it Safe.

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 13, 2013, 09:45:18 pm »

Thank you kindly.

I have a suggestion for a plugin... though this might be considered too much of a cheat/exploit.

I was using the autotrade plugin and that got me to thinking. Is there or could there be a plugin that periodically designates a stockpile to be dumped/melted? I can think of a number of ways that would be helpful to me. Auto-clearing refuse piles, auto-generating steel from leggings and trap parts (combined with the automelt plugin), auto-dumping poorly made furniture so workflow doesn't count it.... etc.  Thanks in advance.

Auto-dump plugin

Haven't seen any auto-melt, but I think it has a good chance as well.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

Dwarf Kitty

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeking owner to adopt
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2013, 01:13:19 am »

I have a couple ideas for you coders:

1.  Rain barrels.  (workshop/building)
Build these with one empty barrel and maybe a log for rain catchers.  These, of course, must be outside.  In biomes with rain, they'd fill with rain as ponds do.  This would be a nice watersource for an early fort, working like designated zones and wells do.  They'd have clean water to prevent absolute dehydration, and for reactions.  You could use a bucket to retrieve the captured water.

2.  Water barrels (workshop/building)
These, of course, are related to the above.  All you need is one empty barrel to build.  While you'd need a bucket brigade to fill them and keep them filled, they'd make a nice handy water source for hospitals, et cetera, without the need to dig a well nearby or channel water.

Hmm, you could also do this with booze.   :)   Dwarven water alcohol cooler!  They already gather at the barrels to drink straight from them.  Nice way to distribute alcohol without dealing with stockpile management.

3.  Museum (room and items)
This one's for the mods with display cases.

First, I'd like not only cases, but pedestals (just a block will do), too.  Both are built especially to display artifacts and other interesting things.  The difference is the cases provide theft deterrence, and the pedestals can't.  Cases would be good for the small things, pedestals for the large and heavy stuff that no one tries to steal.

Either on build or post-build query, have filter option to see artifacts only, so you can put up your useless priceless items up for display.  (That is, if this isn't in the display case code already.  Haven't tried them yet.)

On query, you can set up a Museum room, which would work just the same as a Sculpture Garden.  Hopefully the parties thrown there won't break stuff.   ;)
Menaces with swipes of claw.
Meows with rumbles of purr.

A cute fluffy little creature fond of idle games, DF, and writing.

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 17, 2013, 11:13:07 am »

Haven't seen any auto-melt, but I think it has a good chance as well.
I'd really like to have one, if possible. With workflow this opens alot of possibilities...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 61