Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141614 times)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #225 on: May 29, 2013, 02:57:26 pm »

> Allow a stockpile to automatically dump any items added to it.
Automelting items would be at least as useful. The timer doesn't need to be 500 TUs, even 5000 would work just fine for me.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

whitecold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 31, 2013, 02:46:00 pm »

I don't know if this has been suggested before, I did not find it.

Duplicate commands for military uniforms.
Duplicate commands for hauling routes/ stops.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 31, 2013, 04:33:15 pm »

And maybe one to fix pathfinding for flying pets.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

sweitx

• Bay Watcher
  • Sun Berry McSunshine
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 01, 2013, 05:17:44 pm »

Is it possible for the Workflow plugin to trigger a job based on input count?
Basically have an option for a "push" based workflow to compliment the current "pull" based workflow.
For example:
A Mill Rocknut task will auto-resume if the number of rocknuts (input) is > 120, and auto-suspend if its < 100.
A Dye Thread task will auto-resume if there's > 10 powder of dye, and auto-suspend if its =0.
This would be helpful in automating, say, soap production with plant goods in the first case, and dyed thread/cloth production in the second case.

One of the toads decided to go for a swim in the moat - presumably because he could path through the moat to my dwarves. He is not charging in, just loitering in the moat.

The toad is having a nice relaxing swim.
The goblin mounted on his back, however, is drowning.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 01, 2013, 05:20:21 pm »

That would be great. Currently clothes and soap production are almost too tedious to bother with, despite tantrum spirals and disease outbreaks.

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 03, 2013, 02:09:25 pm »

How about being able to flush the 'Units killed' tab. It would free up ram that should be free to start with and let migrants come back in if you are over the 3k unit count.

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 03, 2013, 02:18:24 pm »

How about being able to flush the 'Units killed' tab. It would free up ram that should be free to start with and let migrants come back in if you are over the 3k unit count.

From the book of Readme.rst:

Quote from: DFHack documents
fix/dead-units

Removes uninteresting dead units from the unit list. Doesn't seem to give any noticeable performance gain, but migrants normally stop if the unit list grows to around 3000 units, and this script reduces it back.

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 03, 2013, 02:21:57 pm »

From the book of Readme.rst:

Quote from: DFHack documents
fix/dead-units

Removes uninteresting dead units from the unit list. Doesn't seem to give any noticeable performance gain, but migrants normally stop if the unit list grows to around 3000 units, and this script reduces it back.

I can't even come up with a witty remark scolding my own inattentiveness... this is very helpful. Thank you.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 03, 2013, 02:31:51 pm »

I only have one problem with it: it removes dead enemies. I don't want all the wild animals and slaughtered livestock, but I do want all the dead goblins and megabeasts :(

Aquathug

• Bay Watcher
  • This text is personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 03, 2013, 02:39:57 pm »

I only have one problem with it: it removes dead enemies. I don't want all the wild animals and slaughtered livestock, but I do want all the dead goblins and megabeasts :(

It's handy in my situation, where I have embarked in a terrifying biome and the dead units tab filled up with various body parts, disallowing further migrants to come by. Granted, this is by design, but to go out in a blaze of glory I have planned I will need more minions.

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 03, 2013, 04:25:35 pm »

Unit Info Viewer

Provides information in a lua gui window about age, average max age, shearing products, milking products, grazing hunger info for your civilization's animals and dwarfs (or whatever race your civ is).  Also some body size info for living units (includes units influenced by cloud syndromes such as murk zombies, excludes undead raised by necromancy/biome), and if used from the units->dead/missing tab, displays death info (unless missing).

Does not work on vermin (they are not a unit object)

works from nearly every unit context, not just the ones getSelectedUnit() supports.

read the description on dffd for more details

dimondmine2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 03, 2013, 05:36:44 pm »

Some sort of get-info command for an item, specifically armor and weapons. The command would look at the item and spit out the items properties such as weight, attack type(s), skill used, size, contact area, etc. As well as the items material properties such as density, shear yield, impact yield, etc.

UberFuber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 05, 2013, 02:06:17 pm »

That would be great. Currently clothes and soap production are almost too tedious to bother with, despite tantrum spirals and disease outbreaks.
Soap production is not that bad. You can set something as followed.
1. Forbid some tallow from being cooked in the kitchen menu (or not, if your output is frequent enough that soap making production will get some sooner or later).
2. Set wood burner to maintain 3-6 ash bars (small enough to not require a large inventory, large enough to have a small buffer when new soaps are required).
3. Set ashery to maintain 3-6 buckets of lye (same number as above).
4. Set soap maker to maintain 8-10 bars of soap (hospital stockpiles about 3-4 barsof soaps, leaving 4-7 bars of in a stockpile near my "washing station" for dwarfs to wash themselves).

You CAN technically setup your presser to maintain 3-6 jugs of rock nut oil for soap making, since soap making probably don't require that much in the first place. Of course, you then need to make sure to have a constant supply of rock-nuts to make sure that you don't accidentally press all of it.

The auto-dying one would be really helpful.

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2013, 07:42:29 pm »

I fixed a bug in unit-info-viewer and updated my body size estimator, link in sig

My attempts of simplifying the determination of weather or not a unit was alive or dead was not as thoroughly tested as I had thought, therefore I had to revert that determination to the more complicated method so that vampires are not revealed as dead (unless they are dead-dead)

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 06, 2013, 08:04:12 pm »

I like your tool a lot. Is there a way it could work in arena mode?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 61