Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141661 times)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2013, 10:14:58 am »

Yes, thats why I have never done it... I have 1300 creatures... now if someone could write a script that adds *SIZE XXX* to the beginning of each creature description, reading out the size from the raws, that would be awesome. ^^

That's actually pretty simple. I already have something similar written. When I get a sec I will change it to do size.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2013, 12:07:17 pm »

skillsyndrome stuff

This is awesome and have to be done.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Demdemeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2013, 12:27:01 pm »

An expansion of building planner to do the same thing for constructions, so that I can map out entire levels of above-ground fortresses, independently of whether or not I currently have materials.

Edit: Also, a gui tweak to show the name of an item in the color it should be based on material. Cabinet for a microcline cabinet, for instance.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 01:23:19 pm by Demdemeh »

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2013, 06:44:24 pm »

I would like to see a way to edit the number of dwarves you can have on embark, please

The weird thing is, dfusion has a script that should do this... it just isn't exposed, as far as I can tell.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 04, 2013, 01:24:31 am »

I would like to see a way to edit the number of dwarves you can have on embark, please

The weird thing is, dfusion has a script that should do this... it just isn't exposed, as far as I can tell.
It got lost during the rewriting. There will be a ruby script that does this in the next release.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2013, 09:28:39 am »

I don't know about itemsyndrome, but if it works like autoSyndrome then you can already make it trigger a ruby or lua script on the target dwarf and add whatever syndrome you want after checking skills. No additional stuff necessary.

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 05, 2013, 01:04:01 am »

I have one feature request: a search plugin for the burrow interface to filter by name or profession.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 05, 2013, 03:46:38 am »

I have one feature request: a search plugin for the burrow interface to filter by name or profession.

That's already in the current version of DFHack.
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 05, 2013, 04:01:06 am »

I don't know about itemsyndrome, but if it works like autoSyndrome then you can already make it trigger a ruby or lua script on the target dwarf and add whatever syndrome you want after checking skills. No additional stuff necessary.
Of course there is additional stuff necessary. I never used Lua myself and am not familiar with dfhack API, so I need someone else to do the main part, then I can just edit the script to what syndromes for which skills exactly are needed. All I need is a "proof of concept" that would set a few syndromes based on skill levels, such as my mining and warrior example and a list of skills that Lua understands. I can take it from there.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 05, 2013, 07:28:21 am »

I meant that itemSyndrome would not need to be changed. Assuming it already does what I think it does.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 05, 2013, 10:53:43 am »

It's slow enough as is. It checks every item on every creature and every contaminant on those items and applies the syndrome on the item if the item passes the affected/immune class/creature checks and item position checks.

I could get skillsyndrome to work in such a way that it would require minimal (I.E no) lua skill to get a modder to run properly. Arbitrary raw arguments like SYN_CLASS are very helpful.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 05, 2013, 12:17:52 pm »

I'm not averse to modifying scripts in unknown languages by copy-paste, modifying text strings and changing if conditions. I can do that, I just need some place to start. For general usage, yeah, making the script apply things from RAWs is probably a better idea.
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #207 on: May 05, 2013, 12:47:48 pm »

It might not be that hard with ruby or lua, but a C script for a .dll that needs to be compiled would be bad. ^^

Skillsyndromes sounds very useful for balancing :) Have a dwarf have lvl15 of MAGIC_NATURE before he can become a real mage, or having legendary skill before someone can run the reaction to transform into a guild master. its nice. :)

It only works on syndromes and interactions, not in reactions, correct? It would be amazing if a reaction could be restricted to a certain skill level.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 05, 2013, 12:53:35 pm »

Not sure about the reaction thing.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 05, 2013, 01:34:37 pm »

Well, once you have skill syndromes and a reaction that produces a boulder with a syndrome, you can make the effects apply to those that have the correct skill syndrome. Preventing the wrong dwarves from running the reaction and wasting resources is easy enough with profiling the workshop.
On mining Organics
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 61