Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141663 times)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2013, 07:10:32 pm »

I noticed the "add wear to armor" idea, but what about removing wear from clothing?  The latter would be more fun, in my opinion.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2013, 08:16:34 pm »

Based on the family planing script from the DFHack 0.34.11 r2 thread, DFHack can interact with the pregnancy system to at least a limited extent. So:

1.Can DFHack be used to immediately bring a pregnancy to term (what happens if you set unit.relations.pregnancy_timer = 1?)
2.Can DFHack be used to induce a pregnancy?
3.If yes to both, doesn't that mean we can spawn creatures now?

Also, is there a webpage documenting DFHack scripting, similar to the token/raw modding pages on Dwarf Fortress Wiki?
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2013, 08:18:15 pm »

Based on the family planing script from the DFHack 0.34.11 r2 thread, DFHack can interact with the pregnancy system to at least a limited extent. So:

1.Can DFHack be used to immediately bring a pregnancy to term (what happens if you set unit.relations.pregnancy_timer = 1?)

Also, is there a webpage documenting DFHack scripting, similar to the token/raw modding pages on Dwarf Fortress Wiki?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Not really, no.

There was a script earlier in this topic, I think, or the main one, that does all that.

Also: yes.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2013, 09:46:26 pm »

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Not really, no.
It gets us a lot, though, doesn't it? A Megabeast could have a self-targeting interaction that cues DFhack to make it pregnant with an instantaneous pregnancy, allowing it to spawn offspring to protect it. A variant of the child counting code could be used to turn the babies into a different species if desired. I think it also gets us workshop spawned creatures, with the potentially huge drawback that the created creature would count as the child of the dwarf doing the reaction (dwarf does reaction, temporarily turns into a female something or other, gives birth, turns back). ...I guess that would also fully heal the dwarf doing the reaction, thanks to all the transformations. The reaction could also induce pregnancy in a pet located anywhere in the fortress, right?
Mods I've done:

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2013, 11:24:40 pm »

Very interesting. It's hackish, but it should work. Any one unit could be used to spawn any unit type that can be created via pregnancy and live birth. Maybe eggs but don't count on it.

You might have to manually put in a few syndromes. I don't know if those can be created on the fly in DFHack, but it probably wouldn't be TOO hard.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2013, 11:25:50 pm »

I don't know if those can be created on the fly in DFHack

Knowing the syndrome structs, I don't see why not.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2013, 11:53:11 pm »

Should be possible without all that much work. I probably can't get to it any time soon, though.

...i'd like a method, please, because I'm trying my damndest and can't find where targets or locations could be for any sort of interaction

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 21, 2013, 03:16:56 pm »

Should be possible without all that much work. I probably can't get to it any time soon, though.

...i'd like a method, please, because I'm trying my damndest and can't find where targets or locations could be for any sort of interaction

Here's the outline of the technique I had in mind:
Step 1: Workshop reaction induced transformation
This is the step I'm most unclear on. An exploding rock could definitely be used, but I think I saw someone say the DFHack could be used to inflict syndromes in response to reactions and was much more reliable than exploding rocks.

The target creature should be transformed into the unit type we want to spawn. The transformation should last for ~10 ticks or so.
Step 2: Transformation induced pregnancy
DFHack should induce pregnancy in response to the transformation beginning. The truetransformation plugin responds to syndromes beginning, and can probably be adapted. The Catsplosion plugin demonstrates how to induce pregnancies with DFHack. The pregnancy should be set to finish in one tick.

So, to summarize, the pregnancy induction code from catsplosion should be hooked into the syndrome response code from truetransformation.

If all goes as planed, the dwarf completing the reaction will transform into the target creature type, give birth 1-2 ticks later, and then turn back into a dwarf after a total of 10 ticks or so.

I just hope that syndrome-transformed creatures give birth, and give birth as their transformed unit type and not as their true unit type.
Mods I've done:

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2013, 04:48:07 pm »

...D_E, you may want to look at the post I was quoting for context...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #114 on: March 21, 2013, 04:55:29 pm »

Here is an idea:

Write catsplosion for different pet types, with a lower outcome. Not a petplosion, maybe just a petburb or so... then hook it up to a workshop reaction and call it "elven magic". Fast breeding for warbeasts, nice. ;)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 21, 2013, 10:04:03 pm »

...D_E, you may want to look at the post I was quoting for context...

Whoops! Sorry, I thought you had replied to his most recent post (which was a reply to my post).
Mods I've done:

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 21, 2013, 10:21:52 pm »

I'm not sure, but I think transformed critters giving birth may crash the game.

However! trueTransformation may prevent this. If it does, coooool beans.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2013, 10:14:08 pm »

autoSyndrome lets you pass the location of the reaction to a DFHack command. Many dfhack commands are set up to work by the user moving the cursor somewhere then running the command, rather than typing in the coordinates manually.

What sorts of existing commands would be useful to tweak to allow you to type in coordinates manually, and thus use them from autoSyndrome?

Heimdall86

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2013, 10:19:14 pm »

I mentioned this in the official dfhack thread but ill repeat it here. I would like to see a gui for tiletypes like there is for liquids. I think being able to change any floor or wall to whatever material we want could be really cool.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2013, 10:22:13 pm »

digv, if the location can be slightly modified with +1 each direction.
changevein, if the location can be slightly modified with +1 each direction.
magmasource, to make magma aquifer generating workshops.
liquids, probably once for 7/7 water and 7/7 magma.
removebadthoughts.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 61