Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141472 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #285 on: July 31, 2013, 10:55:47 pm »

A script or plugin for autowoodcutting. 

If you're using workflow, autolabor, autobutcher, autonestbox, and seedwatch one of the only things that needs regular player input just to keep functioning - rather than set up or expand - is cutting wood and mining stone.  A way to designate an area for repeated woodcutting would be really useful. 

There are two possible ways I thought of to set the area (since eg going outside during a siege would be a bad idea, if there are tree farms underground): 
1. Hijack the activity zones - either by creating a new one, or aggregating sand and clay gathering zones.  Some kind of GUI hint would be very useful here. 
2. Watch for burrows with eg "CUT_WOOD" in the name, and designate that area with d-t monthly.  It could also check the name for a configurable delay; and is potentially extensible to gathering plants or auto-mining mechanised obsidian farms (I have no idea how this could be made to work reliably, but someone suggested it).  Better yet, act on a name "auto_designate-<key,key2,...>-<delay>", which would be insanely powerful for fortress automation. 

Of the two, the zone would blend into the game better but the auto_designate burrow would be way more powerful and I'd think easier to code.  Thoughts?  Is this even reasonably possible?
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

falconne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2013, 02:54:02 am »

I have plans for such a plugin in my backlog, probably be the next one to come out. Basically expanding the existing getplants plugin to support burrows and possibly min/max limits with the ability to designate specific dwarves for woodcutting (so they get their woodcutting labour automatically toggled when the log counts go beyond the thresholds).
Utility plugins for DFHack, for improving Dwarf Fortress' user interface.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2013, 04:00:33 am »

I have plans for such a plugin in my backlog, probably be the next one to come out. Basically expanding the existing getplants plugin to support burrows and possibly min/max limits

Yay! I hadn't even dared suggest a quota system, but this is going to make total automation possible.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #288 on: August 03, 2013, 08:25:44 am »

Feature Request: Show an announcement (Similar to "You have struck granite!") if a civ-member is starving or dehydrated.

Reason: Many times miners dig themselves in, a locked door is forgotten, or a dwarf dodges up a wall and is found dead long after. This plugin would help avoid unnecessary deaths.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #289 on: August 17, 2013, 10:00:48 am »

Ok, here the list that accumulated while modding:

#1. Portal-Building, transports worker from building A to building B. Not pathfinding/AI related.
#2. Make reactions/buildings require mechanical power.
#3. Rotate workshops, just like you can change orientation of siege-engines.
#4. Aboveground or Belowground buildings.
#5. Liquid-Spawner, if reaction is run, Water/Magma is spawned, just like a Screwpump, but without input.
#6. A notification for the player if a civ-member is starving or dehydrated.
#7. Animaltraining. Add +1 to a selected skill on a pet pastured on a workshop. "Train dog" adds 1 skill of biting to all pastured dogs for example.
#8. Unmake a creature, it disappears without causing bad thoughts. Used to simulate a migrant leaving the fort.
#9. Engrave slabs before the units death, to honor even living soldiers.
#10. Good/evil biomes for caverns. For plants, grasses, trees and creatures.
#11. UI before embark that asks the player: How many embark points and how many dwarves would you like?
#12. Custom gods/pantheon, e.g. Putnam, finish the stuff you started. :P
 #13. Start/Stop custom rains by reaction, for example "it rains elf blood" in any biome.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:15:31 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 17, 2013, 01:27:47 pm »

what the heck do you want me to do for that???

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #291 on: August 17, 2013, 10:17:52 pm »

Ehm... we talked about the script you posted on reddit, and how I tried it ingame, and how I ended up with endless repetitions of "is a dubious worshipper of", every time the game starts. The script must only be run once per created world, but there is no way to automate that.

The animal train script that adds a skill-point to a pet does not work either... I cant get it to run, not with reactions/autosyndrome, nor by direct input into the dfhack window.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 18, 2013, 05:36:55 pm »

It should only be run once per world, I thought. I guess I forgot to include that...

Quarterblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 21, 2013, 12:33:02 pm »

A script that forces some non-dwarf creatures to work. The point is to be able to run multi-racial forts by taming creatures with [PET] and [CAN_LEARN] - you can already do that with gremlin and tigermen for some reason, but they will only do "noble and kids" tasks.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 21, 2013, 12:43:04 pm »

A script that forces some non-dwarf creatures to work. The point is to be able to run multi-racial forts by taming creatures with [PET] and [CAN_LEARN] - you can already do that with gremlin and tigermen for some reason, but they will only do "noble and kids" tasks.
https://gist.github.com/warmist/5636653
it replaces dwarf jobs with targeted race's units. This is done because it's way easier then creating new jobs (well creating them is easy, but creating them depending on what needs done). DISCLAIMER: this is just a proof of concept script. Somebody should do something more useful for general public.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 22, 2013, 05:17:30 pm »

I utility that would be awesome to have is one where you could track how many creatures a specific unit has killed, and be able to run an interaction if they reach a certain amount. Or if not an in game interaction at least another DFHack script.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 22, 2013, 05:28:56 pm »

COMBATHARDNESS is a good fudge for that, but I could take a look.

EDIT: The kill counters are stored in the fig, and the way figs are found from units can take a while, depending.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:31:09 pm by Putnam »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #297 on: August 26, 2013, 06:14:01 am »

Idea/Request: When you look at a "shrub" with 'k' the menu should show which type of plant it is. Currently you have no way of identifying the plants that grow naturally all over the map.

EDIT: Oh, and a random thing: I made my own version of slayrace magma which spawns water. That causes cave-ins and insta-kills on all cold maps. Was quite funny to watch ice boulders fall from the sky.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:19:02 am by Meph »

howitended

• Bay Watcher
  • Real men wear pink
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 27, 2013, 12:35:04 pm »

Should be simple enough AND fix the annoying issues with building in advfort mods:

A script that simply enables all of the stones that are set to economic in the stocks for building use.

Currently, you can't build ANYTHING with stone in MW or (probably) Genesis. There's supposed to be a way to fix it by using mode set 0, save and reload, opening stocks, enabling the stones for building use, mode set 1, save and reload. But that doesn't work for me, I've tried it something like 15 times and my stocks menu just won't open.

If there were a script to automatically do that, it could be run as soon as an adventurer game is started in either of those mods and fix the issue without having to figure out a way to enter the stocks.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 12:39:29 pm by howitended »
They built this whole neighborhood out of wood, out of wood
I guess I'll still be around when they burn, burn it down
I will be standing around when they burn it down

Here in the Museum of Idiots

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 27, 2013, 02:35:26 pm »

A plugin for picking shrubs in adventure mode would be nice. It's so frustrating to die of starvation while surrounded by bushes.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 61