Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61

Author Topic: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins  (Read 141598 times)

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTIONS] for DFhack plugins
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2013, 05:02:19 pm »

i think it would actually be pretty doable to have a "semi-reveal" dfhack command that only revealed certain kinds of tiles a certain distance away from the workshop where the command was run. that would allow you to, say, pray to armok for the location of gold, and eventually... armok might reveal some to you!
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

gzoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2013, 02:17:23 pm »

Is it possible to create a plugin, that would shuffle the active civilizations at the beginning of the season, or according to a predefined pattern?

Say you want a caravan to appear only every other or third year, or you have twenty civilizations in your mod and want a bit of randomization in the caravans/sieges.
Active Interactions: RAIDER_MADNESS

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 27, 2013, 11:56:57 am »

fastdwarf can teleport. how bout a plugin for teleporting bad guys.

i can see a teleporting gremlin being a nightmare during an invasion.

That would be pretty easy. See the way fastdwarf does it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #183 on: April 27, 2013, 01:31:02 pm »

I have a suggestion as well. Having recently found the "rename profession" and "rename building" scripts, It would be awesome if people could rename pets.

Thats it. Nickname for pets. Or changing pet names.

Instead of Imgur Jadedbriefs the dog, you could do "Fido the dog". Fido bites the kobold thief in the torso, shakes him around, the parts fly off in an arc. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 27, 2013, 02:49:58 pm »

You can nickname pets in vanilla, I'm pretty sure.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #185 on: April 27, 2013, 02:54:27 pm »

No, you cant. They will get a random name, but thats it.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #186 on: April 27, 2013, 03:26:10 pm »

I improved the pixel-tileset a bit more. It's still a fair distance from complete, but here's a much better idea of how a good minimap should look.

Here are some new screens of my progress so far:
Before and after 1: Layer above river. (Before: Spring of 51, Just arrived at embark)
1:          2:
Before and After 2: +1z above the front gate of the fort. (After: Autumn of 55, post-siege, and successful defense.)

NOTE: Varied Ground is still active in both images; for consistency.

Reason the trees are highlighted is due to the seasonal difference. However, you should easily be able to spot the farms and the backbone of my drop-bridge system (since we're above it in that image; It's a better way to showcase the land difference between z-levels). Obviously, darker land is below us, lighter land is current layer. I haven't adjusted the tree-top blocks yet, so they still stick out like sore thumbs.

My next work, since I got the text part knocked out of the way, is going to be making the world map easier to interpret all kinds of extra and some shared characters, and then extra items in the tileset. And then one final adjustment to the main fort/adventure mode portions of the set that may no longer look right post-processing of the prior.

Once I'm done overall, then it should make an excellent frame of reference for anyone willing to tackle the minimap idea, and it's extra features.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 03:29:59 pm by Itnetlolor »

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2013, 08:17:18 am »

Some mods have turrets and robots with miniguns and similar creatures that use material emissions to hit their targets with globs of something. A problem with that is that those globs sometimes stay on the map, accumulate in the fat stockpile or do other such undesirable things. The success of the itemsyndrome and ammunition exploding into magma mist suggests that there should be some way to make the material emissions interaction ammo to just disappear when no longer needed.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2013, 01:28:06 pm »

I would like to see a creature's actual size and grazer value (if applicable) on a creatures description page, either directly or by way of displayed hotkey for additional info.  Other values may also be of interest but those two came to mind.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 02, 2013, 01:50:19 pm »

A less 'cheaty' version of the tile cleaner, that either generates a clean tile job at the location or does whatever needs to be done to the tile to make it eligible for dwarf cleaning.

I like keeping the outside of my fort clean, but magically cleaning a 30x30 swath of blood seems a little cheaty.  Unfortunately it seems tiles outside never get cleaned by dwarves, relying on weather to do it.  But at the same time if the tile is outside, but has a roof the rain can't get it either.

2nd, A full map tileclean that only targets tiles that shouldn't be able to have blood spatter at all.  Blood spatter in open space from flying limbs for example.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #190 on: May 02, 2013, 08:14:20 pm »

I would like to see a creature's actual size and grazer value (if applicable) on a creatures description page, either directly or by way of displayed hotkey for additional info.  Other values may also be of interest but those two came to mind.
That can be done by simple raw modding.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 02, 2013, 08:14:45 pm »

Yeah, but that requires modder effort :P

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2013, 08:26:20 pm »

Yes, thats why I have never done it... I have 1300 creatures... now if someone could write a script that adds *SIZE XXX* to the beginning of each creature description, reading out the size from the raws, that would be awesome. ^^

Bludragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2013, 12:47:15 am »

I would like to see a way to edit the number of dwarves you can have on embark, please

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2013, 08:01:07 am »

skillsyndrome script: Every 8400 or so TUs reads the skills of all dwarves, then gives them syndromes based on that. Then the modders can write interactions that check for these syndromes. The script should be easy enough to customize for just what the mods need and follow some rules:
* Four levels for skill syndromes (including none) and only give the best one. It should be easy to add more "levels" if the modders want it. For example with mining:
Code: [Select]
If mining >= 15
    add syndrome LEGENDARY_MINER
else if mining >=10
    add syndrome ACCOMPLISHED_MINER
else if mining >= 5
    add syndrome PROFICIENT_MINER
end
* The syndromes should have timeouts just a bit longer than the check period.
* There should be a possibility for combining skills. For example all weapon skills should just add XXXXX_WARRIOR and only the highest should count. So:
Code: [Select]
skill = 0
for dwarf_skill in (a set of skills, such as military) 
    if dwarf_skill > skill
        skill = dwarf_skill
    end
end
If skill >= 15
    add syndrome LEGENDARY_WARRIOR
else if skill >=10
    add syndrome ACCOMPLISHED_WARRIOR
else if skill >= 5
    add syndrome PROFICIENT_WARRIOR
end
* The script would be meant to be modified by modders to suit their needs, so there should be emphasis on good code readability and comments.

With this script, things like guilds only accepting dwarves of certain skill, or magic spells levelling with Alchemy would be possible with simple checks for syndromes.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:45:50 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 61