Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How powerful should time cops be?

Much less powerful than the PC's, make numbers their only advantage.
- 1 (7.7%)
Better gear, but a less powerful time machine.
- 0 (0%)
Put them on the same footing.
- 1 (7.7%)
Give them similar powers, as well as an extra point or two for future gear.
- 11 (84.6%)
Time cops are a horrible idea, and you should feel bad.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Roll to Time Travel, Turn 3: Totally not an hour and a half late.  (Read 6512 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Time Travel, Turn 1: Your friendly everyday witch burning
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2013, 10:44:03 am »

"Ah... Shucks."
Run away from the tower. It's too cold here. Fire revolver into self, assuming the special bullet is back. Destination, Tahiti, 2013

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2013, 01:45:58 pm »

((Big Edit: I very nearly made the most complex and bound to go wrong move I have ever attempted in an RTD, but I think I shall save that for plan B...))

Well, clearly time travel was possible, and quite an enjoyable experience at that. However, it wasnt all good. Cursing his bad planning, Ryan began to panic. How could he have forgotten that he was down here yesterday? Well, yesterday when he and Mike were stashing the railgun there had been no sign of an extra him knocking about - was this a good sign? This was as good a time as any to find out what sort of timeline model the universe ran on.

Head to the crate where tomorrow I found the baton. If it is in there, use it to return back to tomorrow, hopefully with 2 batons if the universe is flexible enough, or with just one if some kind of temporal reset occurs. If it is not there, then it is time for plan B.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 02:52:32 pm by MonkeyHead »
This is a blank sig.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2013, 03:44:10 pm »

I have to say, I really wasn't expecting people to make their own time paradoxes by the second turn...

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2013, 03:49:57 pm »

You have no idea how mind bogglingly complex plan B was. Lets just say it had the possiblity to set up some kind of recursive paradox loop. All by turn 2. Heck, I might still need to shoot for it in a turn or two.
This is a blank sig.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2013, 06:04:29 pm »

Jack was very confused and partially dazed from moving through time and space, but he knew that this was no Cleveland Ohio and this is not where he wanted to be. turning away, he realized this may not be as easy as he had thought.

lock on to same location in time and space. Then walk away from town on nearest road. When no one is near me, tear at my cloth's a bit and throw dirt on them to blend in for the time I'm here. The moment my time machine activates, use it.

((I must have a complexity addiction or something, but I don't care. Anyway, within a few months of the end of 1870 is good, so a level 1 percision jump, please!))
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2013, 06:13:56 pm »

I have to say, I really wasn't expecting people to make their own time paradoxes by the second turn...
You haven't been around here long, have you?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2013, 07:22:37 pm »

Yeah, I know. It's just that causing time paradoxes is roughly the equivalent of casting random magical spells on yourself. Sure, things can potentially work out... but do you really want to take that risk? Anyway, turn will likely come later tonight or tomorrow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2013, 08:03:33 pm »

Yeah, I know. It's just that causing time paradoxes is roughly the equivalent of casting random magical spells on yourself. Sure, things can potentially work out... but do you really want to take that risk?
You REALLY haven't been around very long, have you? Bay12ers aren't terribly cautious...well, except me maybe.

Any chance of the NPCs showing up soon? I can see Grenyl trying to hop back in time to test out the Butterfly or something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 10, 2013, 08:24:48 pm »

Yeah, I know. It's just that causing time paradoxes is roughly the equivalent of casting random magical spells on yourself. Sure, things can potentially work out... but do you really want to take that risk?
You REALLY haven't been around very long, have you? Bay12ers aren't terribly cautious...well, except me maybe.

Hey, I'm right here!
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2013, 08:48:12 pm »

Hey, I'm right here!
You're a sane Bay12er, too? Neat. How've you been?
Sig

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 10, 2013, 09:05:26 pm »

I'm a sane bay12er too, on occasion.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2013, 09:12:29 pm »

Loaded down with homework.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2013, 12:50:42 am »

Can't I atleast be called semi-sane? I mean, I'm not posting this from an asylum or anything...
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2013, 04:56:18 pm »

Can't I atleast be called semi-sane? I mean, I'm not posting this from an asylum or anything...
Oh, like that's an indication of sanity. I mean, unless the Capitol was recently declared an asylum, I can name hundreds of nutjobs outside of asylums.
Sig

BlasterKyubey210

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2013, 11:50:58 pm »

Hey GM, add me on the NPC list, I got a Time Cop idea in my head...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8