Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Keeping Military Happy?  (Read 1454 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Keeping Military Happy?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 09:11:15 pm »

They will get the good meal in the dining room thought if you don't have them carry rations.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 09:16:17 pm »

They just eat off the food pile if they're active when they decide to go get something to eat. (I don't use backpacks at all.)
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 09:19:28 pm »

huh, you have weird soldiers then.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 09:23:45 pm »

They are never off duty except after completing an order, which isn't common because I put the barracks by the entrance and wait for enemies to come to the killzone.

In one fortress where I had military frequently swapping between active and inactive, I once saw an active soldier eating in the dining room. I don't remember if I checked the announcements to see if they were recently activated (it was 31.25, so a while ago now), but that is the only time I've seen an active soldier sitting at a dining table.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 10:25:10 pm »

Can someone link the patch?  A major problem for me, as by chance a few militia captains got bludgeoned who were training for 3 years, yeah my 40 man militia is on the brink of insanity here. 

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2013, 05:33:05 pm »

hmmmm... what if your food storage room was also your legendary dining room? :P

anyways, letting them murder small helpless animals every so often seems like a valid solution :)
Pages: 1 [2]