Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 802106 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2775 on: March 31, 2014, 12:55:34 pm »

Alright, I wait one more turn
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: March 31, 2014, 01:19:57 pm »

Oh wow. Thank you very much.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: March 31, 2014, 02:15:01 pm »

sorry guys, i tried to get some of the fort done but my comp was being an ass last night, plus i have allot of stuff to get done today and i only managed to get on for a hour or two, not enough to do really anything.

As such i pass my turn for 2 weeks, if the fort is still availble, and when deathgate 3 comes out i hope to try my hand with deathgate proper.
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: March 31, 2014, 02:31:11 pm »

Ah, alright. Just have Peregarette ( the dorf ) take over from Chaos Maker, for now.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: March 31, 2014, 03:16:21 pm »

he he
He
He he hehe
HE HE HE HEHE
HE HE HE
HE HE HE
MWA HA HA
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Oops, sorry. Gettin the save work now.

Disgusting. Bleh.

How dared that goblin to touch this perfect axe?! Also, we need more adamantine. A single axe is not enough!

Will do a proper update tomorrow. Stay tuned.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: March 31, 2014, 04:44:42 pm »

nice peregarrtt, sorry u couldnt do my turn, just give me 2 weeks and ill take a full on week to do my part, if the fort lives...

plus this will make the story and updates allot better then me going nuts with updates on the situation.

also dwarf pus...and were eating it...

okay somone needs to get farming really up there now!

Also for defenses i suggest making a trench around murdermachines, (take down any trees in the area) and then regulate the ramps (make them around 3-5 ramps onto the citidels hill)... this would allow us to patrol those areas and kill any invaders into our beloved fort...also allowing us to expand on the surface and turn it into a REAL citidel of death and despair. not to mention grab all the crap on the hill-top-side to! also the wood as well.

And because i played a bit i suggest we start making centralized stockpiles or somthing, the few ive seen were to small to deal with the demands of a proper fort.

maybe when i take my turn in 2 weeks ill make a prison and my gimmik for the year....hmmm....
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: March 31, 2014, 04:50:52 pm »

We're actually pretty well defended. It's just that void-spawn aren't very susceptible to traps. Anyways, trenches would probably be counterproductive, considering the fortress expands and they would be quite the hassle to build, taking up several in-game months that could be better spent otherwise.

As per stockpiles, I think that MurderMachines uses a Quantum Stockpile. Although, I probably filled it with a lot of dead things also.

Also, I already made a prison. I suppose you mean a torture dungeon, right?

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: March 31, 2014, 05:27:47 pm »

hmmm didnt see one, but all right. also next time i suggest we make an entire level of the fort (next game or next embark to a new site)  the new tomb system. why? because when i looked there were so many seperate little tombs and unusd coffins and other slabs i spent 5-10 minutes hunting them down. (also the tomb system should start from top-left to bottom right in my opinion, but thats just me) plus any other crazies out there could fill it with statues of themselves and artwork on the walls...plus us nobles should have the best tombs in my opinion.

anyway with all the chaos in the fort im thinking we might eventually move to a diffrent pasture due to fps death of the fort. (unless anima authorizes Auto-dump hack to get rid of all the treasure on the surface.) also might take us out of our comfort zone and put us in a moutain where death is a damn certainty. though i suggest we at least have a river or somthing to have fish as our main staple...

A gollumized dwarf anyone? (we aint got halfing trinkets, but im sure we can manage somehow!)

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: March 31, 2014, 05:45:57 pm »

Yeah, it's just a collection of chains and beds. And tombs aren't really a priority for me, but if you want to use one of the unused levels as one, go ahead. I mean, you I figure it'd probably be a good thing for someone to do. Just don't try moving any of the existing coffins and slabs. We already have six-ish ghosts.

Hehheh. FPS death. It only happens every once in a while. I dunno, have you tried any speed configures? Also, fishing as industry? * shakes head * No way man.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: April 01, 2014, 04:28:22 am »

I don't know what is the use of that square magma-filled basin, but now it will be an execution chamber plus arena that can be collapsed into magma.

We're about to dig a passage to another adamantine vein. There will be a dance pool and bar, after we smooth it and engrave. Female naked goblins in glass cages are The Must!

And while I'm here, can you provide a brief course of local defences? Apart from just "CHAAAAAAAARGEEEEEE!!!!!!". There are mysterious pumps and channels and I have no idea how they should work. I think I just leave then untouched. And there is a strange tower with ballista on top of it, that shoots in the open air. Flying enemied hunting device, maybe?

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: April 01, 2014, 08:26:52 am »

Which magma-filled basin?

Woo! Also, you can try to make an adamantine sword please? I tried on my turn, but they kept using it for lame artifacts like "Nutglide".

Yea... Charging is the most effective. When the babies grow, you can put Ezum and Tekkud back in the Void-wraiths. They're both super-legendary so...

The pumps and channels: Please don't touch the pipework near the surface. It's an unfinished project that could potentially flood several layers of the fort and put out the magma forges.

The ballistae and catapults: Supposed to be yes. Don't know if they work yet, never tested them. Flying things were a huge nuisance in my turn. Feel free to use these to wipe them out. ( In theory. )

The other stuff on the surface: The bridge and new cell are unfinished, but should be by summer. There's not a lot of other fortifications to this new part, so feel free to use traps and such. Also, I built a new surface barracks. In my whole turn, all five of the worthwhile attacks came from the surface, so please move the troops to the surface. ALSO. DON'T REACTIVATE THE DEATH-ROOM. I don't like babie-on-a-stick. An' uh... hmm. Don't mine out the last block holding in Baru, the cage traps don't work. The caverns are pretty well defended, and shouldn't give you any trouble.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: April 01, 2014, 10:37:08 am »

Woo! Also, you can try to make an adamantine sword please? I tried on my turn, but they kept using it for lame artifacts like "Nutglide".

Couldn't you forbid the Adamantine as soon as a mood comes up? I remember a thread talking about how to get the most out of a mood...

Yep, found it.

TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: April 01, 2014, 10:59:15 am »

Couldn't you forbid the Adamantine as soon as a mood comes up? I remember a thread talking about how to get the most out of a mood...

Yep, found it.

Thanks Talonis! :) +1 Awesome for your awesome meter.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 11:36:52 am by CaptainMcClellan »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: April 01, 2014, 01:15:01 pm »

Which magma-filled basin?
This one.

Unfortunately there's already some posessed glassmaker. Do we have a glass furnace? Looks like we don't...

The pumps and channels: Please don't touch the pipework near the surface. It's an unfinished project that could potentially flood several layers of the fort and put out the magma forges.
Okay. I hope trolls will do not touch it too.

Don't mine out the last block holding in Baru, the cage traps don't work. The caverns are pretty well defended, and shouldn't give you any trouble.
Baru is busy destroing the artifact coffin

And suddenly it's not designated to be Anima's tomb, though there's body of his previous incernations. The tomb is set as resting place of Feldrain 2nd.

And Baru doesn't feel good. Someone tried to carve him alive? Maybe We should finish him off, for the misery.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And there's another group of migrants.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 01:30:01 pm by peregarrett »

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: April 01, 2014, 02:19:21 pm »

Oh yea, I'm pretty sure that's a goblin statue maker.

And no... we should probably make a glass furnace.

Eh... If trolls get at it, I can probably fix. That's why I didn't hook the power to the first pump.

I would have finished off Baru but he has poision blood and it was strong enough to kill past-Anima. It's also immune to traps.
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 272