Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 802725 times)

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3345 on: June 25, 2014, 10:10:38 am »

Where's the latest save?

I don't want a turn or anything, just a quick look at the abomination for myself.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: June 25, 2014, 10:56:48 am »

Where's the latest save?

I don't want a turn or anything, just a quick look at the abomination for myself.
Look away.

Whoever goes next, there it is.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: June 25, 2014, 01:08:01 pm »

I.. have no idea what I'm looking at.

Observations:
  • We seem to be out of soap. This could prove problematic. There is a soap maker's workshop int this fortress, right?
  • There is a large room consisting of a pool of magma with a ring of orthoclase block floors over it. What's it for?
  • There is a skeleton belonging to a dwarf named Sazir Akgosletmos in a crypt with a checkerboard pattern. It is forbidden. Does anyone know why?
  • The child care system seems... incomplete. How do I finish it? How do I use it?
  • The Deep City... what do I do with it?

Currently planning an underground vault to fill with children to ensure survival. However, I am too afraid to unpause.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: June 25, 2014, 02:05:51 pm »

I.. have no idea what I'm looking at.

Observations:
  • We seem to be out of soap. This could prove problematic. There is a soap maker's workshop int this fortress, right?
  • There is a large room consisting of a pool of magma with a ring of orthoclase block floors over it. What's it for?
  • There is a skeleton belonging to a dwarf named Sazir Akgosletmos in a crypt with a checkerboard pattern. It is forbidden. Does anyone know why?
  • The child care system seems... incomplete. How do I finish it? How do I use it?
  • The Deep City... what do I do with it?

Currently planning an underground vault to fill with children to ensure survival. However, I am too afraid to unpause.
Sazir was buried if I remember correctly.

That large pool of magma is used for... something.

Who needs childcare when we have the pool of lava?
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: June 27, 2014, 04:08:35 am »

Since noone else has really stepped up or responded to my remark, I'm grabbing the save. I will begin on the morrow... or at least when I awaken.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: June 27, 2014, 04:15:57 am »

I want to look at this. But I'm afraid to.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: June 27, 2014, 04:17:57 am »

I want to look at this. But I'm afraid to.
Don't be afraid. It/they/he can smell fear.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: June 28, 2014, 11:39:17 am »

I may have found the reason for the Voidspawn-thrall rivalry. I'm probably wrong, but if I'm right, the Voidspawn just need the tag "[NOT_LIVING]" added to their raws and they'll stop fighting their thralls.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: July 01, 2014, 03:34:35 am »

SanDiego withdraws from society...

SanDiego has begun a mysterious construction!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:46:28 am by SanDiego »
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: July 01, 2014, 10:16:59 am »

Ohhhh dear. Not another Yak bone scepter.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: July 01, 2014, 10:43:19 am »

Journal of SanDiego, master of all things mechanical

1st Granite 272

Over twelve years have passed since I have dwelled here as overseer. My original body is long gone and rotten by now. As I now assume overseership again, I can't say I'm much impressed.

I hope we have enough coffins.

4th Granite 272

Our outer walls have numerous holes in them. One of the levers claims to operate the green bridge, however none is to be found. I must create my own entrance. Somewhere. I must be swift in my works, though, as I don't expect our enemies to linger.
Also, our animals seem to be murdering each other for no discernible reason.

17th Granite 272

Corpses are piled haphazardly all over the fortress; random, twisting corridors are covered in blood and I do not have the faintest idea where anything may be. The place has hardly changed in the last 12 years.
Although there seems to be less crap on the surface now.

23rd Granite 272

All works continues at incredibly slow pace. There is much more jobs than hands to do it. AnimaRytak's tomb is barely progressing. The outer walls are NOT progressing. There is barely enough here to bury the dead, much less do some work.

24th Granite 272

Praise the void! Some slave labour migrants arrived!

Ah, come on! It's not as if we didn't have enough of these already!

So, is there a way to close of the caverns, or do I just send in the military and hope for the best?
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

ImagoDeo

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_THINK:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: July 01, 2014, 11:40:53 am »

Good luck, and may Terry leave you the hell alone.
What would it be like to live in a world that was copy/pasted? Would we even notice? If not, how many times have we switched celestial harddrives or whatever?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: July 01, 2014, 11:47:59 am »

You know what, fuck it. Put me on the turn list if I'm not already.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: July 01, 2014, 05:24:19 pm »

I may have found the reason for the Voidspawn-thrall rivalry. I'm probably wrong, but if I'm right, the Voidspawn just need the tag "[NOT_LIVING]" added to their raws and they'll stop fighting their thralls.

Doesn't that just make the creature an invalid target for necromancy/etc?

I always thought the problem was that 90% of creatures that wind up thralled succumb to the infection while still fighting their "progenitor," and immediately see them as hostile because they were engaged in battle already.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: July 02, 2014, 03:13:58 am »

Doesn't that just make the creature an invalid target for necromancy/etc?
Should also remove antagonism from [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE]. However, if your theory is correct it doesn't matter. Only way to test, of course, is to edit the raws.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 272