Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 803775 times)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2235 on: January 29, 2014, 12:08:27 pm »

We don't really have enough access to the surface right now to rig magma landmines, sadly. Our labor force is tightly constrained, we don't have enough beards to go about "dangerous" projects, and most importantly we're having some supply chain issues with the food supply. We're living on tallow right now, including delicious nightmare cookies, but we're fast running out of cookable tallow and seeds and getting a stable food and booze supply together has to be priority 1 since it's unlikely we'll be able to set up much in the way of trading.

I'm not sure if EGGUANA is still alive. On my original reclaim attempt, he was; I haven't yet seen if something killed him during Yuri's turn that covered the year "after" my reclaim. That possibility alone is chilling.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2236 on: January 29, 2014, 12:14:43 pm »

You may want to just lock your dwarves in an isolated room (preferably the underground farms, which need to be closed off from the caverns anyway) with as much stuff as you can gather, whilst you continue expansion from there. Seems safest.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2237 on: January 29, 2014, 04:29:24 pm »

I'm not entirely convinced we even have the labor to simply drag the goods into a bunker zone.

Yuli, for reasons that probably made great sense at the time, seems to have set up most of the "recovered" industry in a small base carved into the third cavern layer. While it LOOKS sealed, we've lost the fort twice to FBs slipping through little holes in the walls, and I'm just calmly awaiting a third FB breach. I'm not sure if he carved out this area himself or if it was already here and he expanded it.

On the upside, there is plenty of wood growing underground, so aside from additional beards there is literally no reason to ever go up to the surface ever. This is probably the best choice.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2238 on: January 29, 2014, 04:41:17 pm »

Just be aware there is a panic OHSHIT lever that slams shut every bridge in the base just north of the airlock levers. might wanna pull a couple to see which one it is and note it. Also, might wanna link a couple levers to the actually important bridges staving off an fb invasion into the base as that lever is what destroyed my turn due to not realizing there was only one lever controlling everything >_<
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2239 on: January 29, 2014, 04:59:03 pm »

Situation in the fortress is nightmarishly precarious. Goblins and trolls roam freely among the corridors, and I'm not quite certain how long this uneasy truce will last. The halls need washed clean of such filth, but no dwarf in the fortress has the combat prowess to go about it.
They were still nonhostile? I, uh, I knew that. Totally not the reason why I got killed constantly. Nope.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2240 on: January 29, 2014, 08:01:06 pm »

Seems like it's worth the investment to create an adventurer in this world. It will take some serious time, if we do the honorable thing and don't use DFhack, but then every time we have this problem, we can send in Urist McBA to clean out the voidspawn and the FBs.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2241 on: January 29, 2014, 11:55:21 pm »

Seems like it's worth the investment to create an adventurer in this world. It will take some serious time, if we do the honorable thing and don't use DFhack, but then every time we have this problem, we can send in Urist McBA to clean out the voidspawn and the FBs.

HERESY TO THE VOID MAGIC!!!

but still does the adventure mode even still work if we use it at the same time as the fort? and will the adventurers actions on the fort remain with us untill the end?

and on the bunker thing, i think we should dig untill we hit magma and adamantine....and just fricken live on the level above the lava pits. make the fort there as the main base and close/collapse the rest of the old fort entrences to dust. finally i also suggest when we get strong enough (50 beards or more) we start making a temple to anima in the magma region. of course with "SOME" saftey...as much as i detest that in dwarf fortress, situational uses...then sacrifice a few useless dwarves in a ritual to bind VG to a champion dwarf (the best millitary dwarf we can get, preferably ultra-mighty across the board) and fashion masterwork adamantine weapons and armour and give him a sheild as well. also a backpack with a adamantine flask...that will give him the option to carry food so he wont have to be served by us lesser void wraiths.

finally when he gets a kill count over 100 (no FBS...we dont want a geko sauce situation again! is there a way to close the caverns off from the rest of the map so FBS cant wander in?) and were sutibly prepared for a clown rush, we invade hell to remake the fort UNDER hell itself....and then if deathgate 3 comes out by that time we just dug so deep we appeared (well a few of us) in another world near a volcano.

if not then armok was being an ass again (blocked us from Dwarf Valhalla last time jerk!) and just dumped us onto a new world. any new migrant dwarves that we get that are the ones each of us want got deported to another area...depending on whos alive by deathgate before deathgate 3.
(also end the fort marvilously if it does happen!)

good luck Kefka, hope the food situation works out for us...and if we can get some plump helmat spawn when the merchants come next time we will all be greatfull to the demon (hows that ironic?) that "saved" murdermachines...well more of murdermachines letting us back in so it can chew us up in the meat-grinder of insanity, depravity, voidspawn and goblin/troll filled muclhing blades of clown blooded teeth of adamantine death and chaos! essentially TERRY'S back-yard.

(P.S:cant seem to find the little thing that'll let me make HIM more terrifying when you guys say it...you know the matrix-like coding covering HIS name?)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2242 on: January 30, 2014, 11:22:41 am »

when the merchants come next time

quite frankly i have no idea where our trade depot is, or whether merchants would be able to survive up there. Again, EGGUANA was roaming around up there last I checked, and unless it ran into something that killed it in the past year (which I still need to check on, because I'm due for another update tonight or Friday) it's still a threat...

EDIT: nvm, EGGUANA appears to be toast, probably voidspawn
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 08:23:04 pm by kefkakrazy »

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2243 on: January 30, 2014, 11:55:51 pm »

welp check out its combat log if it got one...

anyway im thinking having voidspawn ambush is a bit overkill with the overkilly things. goblins are annoying enough already and kolbolds are worse when they steal somthing from the fort.

looking forward to the update, hopefully if all goes well we ge flesh-sack's to populate the fort for our immediate soul consumption...thats if anima doestn wrestle the forts rule away from Kefka, and reproclaims himself lord of murdermachines after decideing that enough was enough and continuously takes the strongest and most able dwarves int he fort for himself!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2244 on: January 31, 2014, 01:21:31 pm »

EDIT: nvm, EGGUANA appears to be toast, probably voidspawn

Do not eat the toast. DO NOT EAT THE TOAST!

EDIT: Added myself to the list for dorfing. I just have to take part in this glorious, blood-filled madness.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 01:27:54 pm by Dwarf4Explosives »
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2245 on: January 31, 2014, 04:23:48 pm »

Grombardrim Cancels Explore Murdermachines: Eating Toast.

Grombardrim Cancels Eating Toast: Paralyzed.

Grombardrim Cancels Breathe: Paralyzed.

Grombardrim Cancels Live: Oxygenated Blood Not Found.
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2246 on: January 31, 2014, 11:14:10 pm »

Chaosmaker cancels hauling: found toast

Chaosmaker cancels eating Toast: Paralyzed

Chaosmaker has died!

Chaosmaker cancels death: found computer with DF

.....i....live...AGAIN!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2247 on: February 03, 2014, 12:51:08 am »

Chaosmaker cancels hauling: found toast

Chaosmaker cancels eating Toast: Paralyzed

Chaosmaker has died!

Chaosmaker cancels death: found computer with DF

.....i....live...AGAIN!

Chaosmaker twitches!

Chaosmaker has transformed into a Voidspawn!

Say, Chaosmaker... did you realize that my dorf in Carryscar thinks you're a traitor? Hehehe...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2248 on: February 04, 2014, 12:50:03 am »

...curses....

i took the body of a voidspawn of all things...

Me a traitor.... ;) good luck....i might justn happen to be thinking on how to drown the fort in water or magma given the chance for shits and giggles!

:-X (i never shall speak of my ultimate design!)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2249 on: February 04, 2014, 12:03:14 pm »

If that's your plan, how could you possibly be considered a traitor?
Pages: 1 ... 148 149 [150] 151 152 ... 272