Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 803734 times)

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #2220 on: January 28, 2014, 12:32:37 pm »

Thrall masons? Were they present at the reclaim? Because, if so, they should have turned on us as soon as the other voidspawn came, and I have no idea why they didn't kill the goblins and trolls. Then again, their alliance isn't changed upon enthralling, so they might be "allied" with the group of goblins, which is allied with us.

I guess I just answered my own question, huh?
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: January 28, 2014, 12:40:55 pm »

I believe that Kefka is actually referring to his unDorfed dorfs as "thralls."  They are not actually thralls, it's just a fluffy nickname.
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: January 28, 2014, 12:50:40 pm »

Good. Although voidspawn thrall masons would be much funnier a sight to see. And not really unexpected, either.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: January 28, 2014, 01:44:38 pm »

Oh God...

This is a Voidspawn Fortress.  All craftVoidspawnship is of the highest quality.  It is made of pure, solidified evil.  It menaces with spikes of Murdermachines' dead, screaming and tortured souls.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: January 28, 2014, 03:35:57 pm »

I believe that Kefka is actually referring to his unDorfed dorfs as "thralls."  They are not actually thralls, it's just a fluffy nickname.

This is correct. They are not void thralls, they are demon thralls.

(By far the simplest method I've ever found to manage high-priority tasks in a fort, especially a crazy disorganized one like this, is to simply throw away specialized tasks and engage Communism Mode. Commonly, IMPORTANT tasks will receive specialized dwarves, and tasks that demand skill will get specialized dwarves, but oftentimes I'll simply form a hard labor gang with off-duty military and unskilled dwarves that collectively perform tasks like threshing, milling, construction, hauling, and so forth. That is the case here, where I have things like planting and construction that need done right now.)
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: January 28, 2014, 09:48:18 pm »

thank goodness that corpse of mine is getting the treatment it deserves! i left the previous owners spirt bound to the bones at they slowly decay...really didnt have the strength to overpower the mad-dwarf for some reason...mustve been because i dont have any experiance with taking over hosts! unlike some guys here im still new to this (didnt have a turn to consume the souls of the dead/overseeing the fortress! hopefully that changes by the time deathgae 3 comes around! or i have enough time to sink my teeth into murdermachines and scream in pain and horror as its spikes of epic-fail-gekko-sauce causes me to die from having my lungs collapse!)

anyway looking forward to my next host, ill take an animal trainer this time...let me teach our pathetic meatsheilds their TRUE worth as slaves to our dominant will! and if we happen to get a dragon...i want to keep trainning the bugger untill its tame enough that if we get one of the opposite gender we can create murdermachines own unique brand of death against the spawn, goblins, and trolls!!! and frogotten beasties...yess.....dragonfire kills anything!!!!

also Kyh, Thaddeus...you beter make sure as hell to dance on top of the bones!!! i want to see some splintered bones of a desecrated hole in the ground when i get back there!!! i sure as hell aint stopping now that i got my frist taste of soul essence!!!

also good luck keeping the thralls Kef, if ol VG wakes up...well...i say better hand em over quick...his avatar was death incarnate last we saw of it. if we ge another avatar of doom, we must ensure its only the most able bodied dwarf in the fortress with the most potential, and given the most master-work craft weapons, armour, and sheild possible!!!

hope the week goes well for ya Kef, good luck!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: January 29, 2014, 12:22:40 am »

Gents, it seems like the solution to this problem we're having is to make a BA adventurer, and have him clear out the place.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: January 29, 2014, 01:45:05 am »

Gents, it seems like the solution to this problem we're having is to make a BA adventurer, and have him clear out the place.

will that work? cause im pretty sure we dont have any adventurers in the world of murdermachines...if so then i wish them luck in wiping out all the abominations in the fort and around it, definete experince levels will work...and if the adventurer migrates to the fort and is a dwarf and is a demi-god being....VG'S BACK!!! he is auto bookkeeper or somthing like that.

anyway still wishing we could start operation FTW with magma, if only for the trash and enemies on the surface.

anyone say "I" for Danger Room and CARP trainning? Df hack could be used to simulate CARP trainning...that way we can have a single dwarf go god-mode on their asses...with a heavy ass hammer if they have immense strength qualities.

anyway good luck all with the fort, hopefully next update sets us up for a massive situation for !!FUN!!, al;so whats the best estimate of time required for the fort to become once again a mighty insane bastion of darkness, death, carnage, and all around beacon for the VG? All of it preparing to stick the earth, underneath hell!! (im rooting for this fort to build a MEGA-fort underneath hell!!)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: January 29, 2014, 03:32:05 am »

Hmm...  Simulated CARP training?  Danger Room?  I'm in!

But, honestly, I'm pretty sure that strength of arms isn't gonna save us here.  We need some *serious firepower*.  We need ☼Dwarven Ingenuity☼

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: January 29, 2014, 10:17:31 am »

We're going to get the Void God's succesor, aren't we?

Also, magma landmine. Link up some pumps to bring magma up to a small dug out cave just under the surface, turn them off but leave them linked to a small BATTEREY. Then build a magma-proof bridge over the spot you want the magma to come out of and turn the pumps back on. This system can be activated by the Overseer of the fort, as described in the "magma landmines revisited" topic.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: January 29, 2014, 10:45:49 am »

^ that.  Magma landmines are MADE of awesome and Dorf.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: January 29, 2014, 11:28:03 am »

Most of the time, they tend to be made out of magma.

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: January 29, 2014, 11:38:16 am »

Ah, but magma is made of awesome and Dorf.  Therefore BOTH our statements are valid!

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: January 29, 2014, 11:43:54 am »

But all of those are made out of Armok's bloodlust, so therefore my statement is more valid than any of the rest.  ;D
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: January 29, 2014, 11:48:26 am »

And what is Armok's bloodlust made of? Right, magma, although he sometimes uses lava to "speak" to the surface dwellers.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 272