Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 803763 times)

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1815 on: October 27, 2013, 12:47:17 am »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3155#comic
This. We have to do it.
I imagine this would require mining carts, yes?
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: October 27, 2013, 01:24:57 am »

An Excerpt from the Journal of Astath Zatamdegel, Last Entry

...dreams are the worst of it. The blackened sky behind a blacker tower; the gaunt, withered voidspawn hunched over an old book; everywhere ruin, death, and decay, even when the dreams carry me back to the mountains of my home; giant wheels and rumbling machinery; wandering lost and alone in endless empty caves; the screams of a dying deer; torrents of water cascading down, down, down, and drowning... drowning... drowning; murderous ghosts; and a black temple beneath a blood red sky surrounded by a thousand thousand screaming horrors... And there's someone else. Someone watching me. Following me. I don't know what any of it means, but I've dreamed it so many times I've lost any chance of forgetting.

I've managed to stay awake for two weeks now... dreams are still fresh in my mind, but I haven't had any new ones, and the feeling of being watched has faded. But I don't think I can last much longer.

-----

A terrible scream echoed down the stairwell. Urist McDead glanced irritably back up in the direction of the scream. "Och, what is it now."

A few flights up, he found Astath trembling on the floor, head in hands. "Eh, y'all right?"

One last tremor passed through him, and Astath stilled. He slowly lowered his hands and raised his eyes to Urist. His dead, black eyes. "Yes. I am fine."

"Mmm. If'n y'say so," replied Urist. "Say, never did catch y'name."

Astath paused for a moment, considering. With a cold smile, he answered, "Irony. My name is Irony."

-----

[Actual fortress update goes here.]
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 01:30:57 am by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: October 27, 2013, 04:01:56 am »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=3155#comic
This. We have to do it.

Could somebody check the Feynman graph? I guess the interaction direction of the beaveron (b) is wrong...
I really like that one of the resulting particles seems to be a PlatyPlus (+), so if we could create the PlatyMinus, we could release it upon the Voidspawn! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: October 27, 2013, 04:35:13 pm »

welp been playing, lost a few forts because of noobness...funny though!

anyway been meaning to ask, when i dled dwarf therapist into 7-zip file manager, it wont let me start it up! it keeps saying mingwm10.dll was not found...any ideas why this is happening?

other then that looking forward to reading todays update on murdermachines...makes me cringe when i think of how bad things must be now...

good luck keeping the fort alive dude!

(plus we should totally unleash a badger mixed with a duck and beaver...the Badapus!)
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: October 27, 2013, 09:05:41 pm »

Welp. So we were going to reclaim anyway, right? >_>

-----

I knew something was off when I saw the slaughtered guineafowl littering the ramps, but I didn't think much of it. This is a strange and violent world, and I assumed the guineacocks had been fighting each other. Even if a few of the cuts did seem a little too clean...

When I reached the surface, of course, I realized what I had been seeing. I remembered the small, crooked footprints, the right size but all the wrong shape for a dwarf... That and many other things flashed through my mind. Like my entire previous life.

Running headfirst into a troll does that.

This is so unfair. I'd only just managed to force my will on this body and destroy the previous occupant! And now it's back, back to the void...

-----

The remaining dwarves prepare for a courageous last stand:

Urist McDead is the first to encounter the enemy.

I'm sure he'll do fine. He's a master of the combat arts, after all.

Hmm, well... He blocked a strike! That's good, right?

Ah. Ahem. I don't know if he's going to get up after that one.

Hey, I know that ghost.

Now if only he'd turn that murderous rage into something useful. :/

-----

One of the goblins has breached the nesting grounds. Perhaps the guineafowl will be our salvation?

Come on, little chicks, you can do it! Don't mind the dogs getting slaughtered in the next room.

I don't suppose the arena cages were ever hooked up to a lever?

-----

The goblins have reached the main upper halls:

Hmm. It might actually be possible to save Squidman... Fungin II is as good as dead. Serves him right for sleeping when the fortress is being invaded. And when there are six corpses in his dining room.

-----

Maybe I was wrong about Fungin II:

Most of that blood is goblin blood. Well, and some animal blood.

Still, would be nice if Squidman would hurry it up...

Yes! One down, 50 bajillion to go. And Squidman is 100 levels down...

-----

Time to see how Fungin II fares against a troll. Well, a mob of trolls. But there's only one in this screencap.

EDIT: Er, none in this screenshot. He's on one of the blocks (those sort of square things).

One dwarf left.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 10:24:04 pm by wlerin »

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: October 27, 2013, 10:01:37 pm »

welp, safe to say welcome back to the void troll meat...

WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!!!

mustmakemoreartifactsmustmakemoreartifactsmoreartifactsartifactsartifacts!!!!

anyway on a civilizxed note...why didnt you build somthing akin to the battery? i have an excuse as a newb to dwarf fortress..keep losing my fort due to oversights...(made a new note today...lots of plump helmat spawn=more plump helmats....which means more food and and drink...yeah im a terrible overseer...plus dwarf therapist hasnt been working right!!! keeps saying that stuiped thing cant be found...damn game...all well ill be back on it in 2-4 weeks from now...back in job corps :P)

good luck with the fort people! if this keeps on going...well...i can safely say i challenge us deathgate people to last 50 YEARS in dwarf time for one fort...and experiance every setback possible against the fort (note:dont accidentally the fort or activly try to kill it by haviong badass dwarves go evil like hollistic detective...we dont need a zombie apocolapse here! were bad enough and our spawn are worse then the hollistic spawn!

also reclaim everyone!! also...how did the goblins get in? did you suddenly decide to not go out by spawn?
if  so....
*cracks his heavily burnt arms (think blackend to the point where oozing yellow liquid magma seems to seep through his burnt to a crisp arms) and readies his Big Freaken Hammer...-or BFH for short-*
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: October 27, 2013, 10:19:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 10:23:26 pm by wlerin »

Sentor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: October 27, 2013, 10:33:49 pm »

I watched one of the greatest succession forts in history fall in real time...awesome!

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: October 28, 2013, 01:13:12 am »

I'd say reclaim, but I really doubt it's possible. We need a Legendary Reclaimer here. And a new sheet in the Dorfinator
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: October 28, 2013, 02:50:13 am »

Intermediate Save

I'll try reclaiming tomorrow, but if anyone wants to try their skill with the above save, be my guest. Also, I've a lot of work this week so I probably won't get much done on the fort either way.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: October 28, 2013, 03:39:45 am »

Reclaimed with party of 7 speardwarves.
An ambush! Drive them out!
Friendly goblins and trolls fight with voidspawn thralls all over the battlefield.
Goblin master thief has cut a thrall in halves with iron dagger. Wow.

Now I think it's quite reclaimable. While their a busy with each outher dwarves can burrow underground and kill the survivors. Better splash a few drops of magma over the surface to burn all that stuff out.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: October 28, 2013, 05:59:27 am »

Ooh, sounds good.
Any armor for those troops?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: October 28, 2013, 06:14:07 am »

Ooh, sounds good.
Any armor for those troops?
I guess there's enough armor just lying forbidden on the ground. I could take only bronze spear, copper shield and novice spear/shield user for everyone.
Anyway, I just tried to embark and then quit. Don't have time to play now, but the reclaimability is approved!
If no one takes the fort till weekedn then I can give it a proper try.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: October 28, 2013, 06:21:18 am »

A friend wanted to try and got slaughtered, but he didn't know the layout of the fort and probably could have outfitted himself better. I think he was also manually attacking some of the goblins without realizing they were friendly.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: October 28, 2013, 09:04:09 am »

Anima might prefer to handle it himself again.

That said, this reclaim sounds marginally less fatal than the one I left behind; with no AMBASSADOR or Minotaur running loose.

Was the fort sealed when it fell? If so, then the fort interior will be clean of junk, if not, then our junk will be scattered all over the inside and we'll need an army of haulers to clean up.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 272