Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 803125 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2013, 11:10:19 pm »

Name her Peregarrette =)
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2013, 11:29:18 am »

Hmm.  Not exactly what I pictured but still interesting.  Almost reminds me of an Evangelion.
I initially wanted it to look like a mixture of tyranids and District 9's prawns. I failed at it and just drew this.
That's pretty cool. I assume this is done in Photoshop? Cool smoky sorta texture you did there, it reminds me of sandstorms or something.
Thank you. No it's not photoshop. I drew it's general shape by hand and coloured it in using Paint.NET
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2013, 05:32:20 pm »

YES YES YES YES YES THIS IS THE BEST DAY EVER

I WAS THE FIRST DORF TO DIE IN DEATHGATE II!

(Redorf when availability permits as Krosan II, marksdwarf. Squad captain would be nice but not required.)
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2013, 05:58:32 pm »

First dwarf to die in Deathgate; that's got to be something like being the first person to use a PC.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 17, 2013, 10:48:53 pm »

He won't be the only one, that's for sure. The military always ends up dying first and in the most imaginative ways.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2013, 11:13:52 pm »

(Redorf when availability permits as Krosan II, marksdwarf. Squad captain would be nice but not required.)

This is the first post I have seen on these forums that makes me doubt the poster's sanity.
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2013, 11:41:31 pm »

This is the first post I have seen on these forums that makes me doubt the poster's sanity.

Really? Have you not read the Dwarven Childcare thread or the Mermaid Farming thread?

In seriousness, not only did my dorf officially christen Murdermachines, it did it in the most epic way I could have hoped for: getting chomped by the wereape.

The only way that could have been better is if I'd survived the bite and transformed later.

Gentlemen, we're off to a brilliant start. I heartily expect to be up to Krosan IV before my turn rolls around. Get to it.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2013, 01:43:46 am »

I am surprised.  Things are going quite well.  No chaos, not yet. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2013, 04:15:11 am »

W... what? Seriously, there's definitely some weird stuff here. Please ignore my part in that thread.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2013, 06:33:08 am »

W... what? Seriously, there's definitely some weird stuff here. Please ignore my part in that thread.

There are posts which are telling of interesting anecdotes from the game - such as a mummy biting one's back teeth out - and then there the threads like the Mermaid slaughter thread and Dwarven Day Care that have a kind of twisted pragmatism  behind them. And then there are posts in which the poster is gleefully proclaiming his death by strangulation as the first dwarf to kick the bucket in a fortress. That's just abnormal.

...and so is that thread you linked me to oh God why. :(
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2013, 08:23:29 am »

Please ignore my part in that thread.
CANNOT. UNSEE.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2013, 10:37:16 am »

Some forts are baptized in booze.  Others in magma.  Murdermachines was baptized in the blood of Kogan and a wereape.
And the piss of some scared recruit.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2013, 05:06:30 pm »

Wonder when Terry's comming back.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Teh_Idort

• Bay Watcher
  • Oi u gobber.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 18, 2013, 05:57:12 pm »

Some forts are baptized in booze.  Others in magma.  Murdermachines was baptized in the blood of Kogan and a wereape.
And the piss of some scared recruit.

What's great about all that, is that you can make a 'Murdermachines cocktail' out of all of those and it'd still be less creepy than half the things that go on in the fort.
Treatment status: Success.
Patient status: Deceased.

Urist McDwarfFortress

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected elephant sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 18, 2013, 06:07:43 pm »

Dorf me please:

Name: Steve
Job Name: Destroyer of trees!
Profession: Potash maker (I can also be a wood-burner, if I really must be slightly useful)
Sorry, for a moment there I forgot we were all psychopaths.
Someone who has random urges to make mog juice isn't exactly going to care about the cost effectiveness of obtaining it.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 272