Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roc trouble  (Read 1816 times)

Qwicol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roc trouble
« on: January 05, 2013, 04:36:37 pm »

In my current fort my 'valiant' dwarfs managed to cage trap an female roc. Then my high master animal trainer managed to train her. When I look on my new birdy with "k" it says: Femeli Fepaamena Imepetaveve Ilathe, stray Roc (trained). She was taken from her cage and assigned to animal training/pen-pasture zone. Under "z" -> animals she was present before training, but afterwards she disappeared from "z" list. She is listed under "u" in pets/livestock although without 'tame' tag on right side of screen. What went wrong, what can I do now, why it go wrong. Please halp!

SnK-Arcbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roc trouble
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 04:55:49 pm »

Animals don't keep their training, they lose it and revert to wild, unless they are domesticated. You need to recage the roc so it can be trained again, or you're going to have to kill it or let it kill your dwarfs.

My advice is don't free animals that aren't domesticated. I was having problems with my dwarfs bugging out similar to the beekeeping labor when a training task was assigned. Place a chain and assign your creature to it is the best option I've found.

Qwicol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 05:24:37 pm »

Thanks for reply. :) By domesticated You mean when i.e. (trained) status changes into (tame)? or status under "z" -> animals -> right arrow changes to domesticated for whole species?

SnK-Arcbound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 05:31:42 pm »

Tame is domestication. They won't need further training ever.

Knowledge of species will never get to domestication, though individual animals can get to tame over generations of breeding and training the children. Roc's are a good possibility for this since they grow and hatch rather quickly (though you will need to catch a male one first). You should really try to capture that roc, they are one of the best creatures you can capture next to full grown dragons (1000 years), and forgotten beasts/hill titans (neither of which are tameable).