Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Sony PS4 DRM?  (Read 17286 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sony PS4 DRM?
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2013, 10:53:58 pm »

because you only get "Good" at a 8 but usually a 9.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 06, 2013, 10:57:26 pm »

Innit better still better, even if it's not good? I think the question is, if you're not going to get good, why choose the worser of remaining options?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2013, 03:51:25 pm »

This is why when I do get a console it won't be an XBOX 720 or a Playstation 4. It will most likely be a Sega Genesis or an ATARI 2600.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2013, 04:49:24 pm »

Until now, I've been a big fan of the Playstation consoles.  I've got PS1 and PS2, but it looks like PS3 will be my last console.

I mean seriously, by the time I get a console, the only source of games is used.  So fuck Xbox and Playstation.  I'm never going to pay $60 for a game.

I just hope to God that Nintendo decides not to follow this trend purely to steal customers.  Would serve Microsuck and Sony right if Nintendo won the next round of console wars because of this.

With tactics like this, I feel downright justified to pirate games.  As for consoles, if I have to fiddle around with my console just to play used games (I'm guessing somebody is going to figure out how to deactivate the DRM sooner-or-later), I might as well also figure out how to play roms on a console.

One good thing might come out of this: Until now, the game retail stores have been allied with the game companies.  But now, the game retailers will have to block this, or die.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2013, 06:27:23 pm »

Well steam will be releasing the consol, thats is the type of console that I would buy, because you can get cheap games on steam.... Normal consoles have too expensive games, because that's from where they get their income, they dont get any income from selling the consol it self
Make love not war

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2013, 04:47:46 pm »

"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2013, 05:37:31 pm »

Well here the new Xbox with it Always online and No second-hand games  :'(
http://www.edge-online.com/news/the-next-xbox-always-online-no-second-hand-games-50gb-blu-ray-discs-and-new-kinect/
I still believe this is a silly mistake. Selling physical copies with digital protection might actually be worse. I mean, at least with digital games, the protection makes a bit of sense (I disagree, but that's different.) But with a physical game, you're literally holding the data in your palm.

Microsoft, you're shooting yourselves in the foot! You're making a product that's essentially useless in the future! I mean, a NES is still worth something now, even if it's dated. Everyone can still enjoy a Gamegear. PS1. Sega Genesis. Maybe these products aren't worth money to their company, but the nostalgia factor? I can look at an N64 and proudly proclaim that I still own one of those. And there's nothing stopping me from buying Super Smash Brothers and playing it right now.

You're removing that nostalgia factor. You're making something that has no replayability. It's... depressing. It's almost disgraceful. And, to me, as a customer, I won't buy into that. I want my children to be able to play these games. They might look at me funny, and laugh at how silly the graphics look, but this is what I played when I was their age. I don't mind physically owning things. Books. Movies. Tables. Houses. I can place a nostalgia factor on all of those, and it makes these things worth it to me...

So, don't remove that. You're just pushing people away. And while it might not be many of them - or even many of you (Oh you, who say you'll never buy this product or from that company) - it IS me.

Just think about it before you buy something.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2013, 05:49:48 pm »

This is it.
It's either the end times for gaming, or "big console" is finally going to hurry up and finish dying.
I'm at the same time terrificly anxious, and hopeful that the console companies will crash and burn and something better will rise...

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2013, 06:49:29 pm »

please understand that you are the minority.

there is no foot shooting here, the crowd of parents will still buy CoD:whatever to their dandy sons for whatever the price or the fine print.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2013, 06:51:01 pm »

please understand that you are the minority.

there is no foot shooting here, the crowd of parents will still buy CoD:whatever to their dandy sons for whatever the price or the fine print.

And thus a situation where the market fails to self-regulate and thus outside intervention needs to step in.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2013, 06:52:31 pm »

it is already happening;

see ouya and the alleged steam console.

be assured that as soon a niche will emerge, someone will innovate.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2013, 06:56:15 pm »

There is literally no reason to buy a console anymore. At this rate, all they are are limited PC's

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2013, 06:58:16 pm »

it is already happening;

How may I put this...

When they get the opportunity to mess us over with no injury... They will.

There is literally no reason to buy a console anymore. At this rate, all they are are limited PC's

As long as Consoles do not go heavy into hardware upgrades they will still have a place. The fact that a console is still good several years after buying it and works perfectly with the latest of games is a huge advantage over a PC that could even become outdated six months later instead.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2013, 06:59:29 pm »

Ouya is going to fail mainstream cause that Android OS is going to be holding it back alot, sugarcoat it all you want Dalvik VM suck balls for programming. that Steam cube thing was running around 800 dollars for something to game on which is going to burn some people since its only for gaming. I do hope they prove me wrong though, i do hope that we can get our asses off of proprietary machines with rules to boot. For now ill stay hidden in the linux community with my soon GCW zero and maybe a OpenPandora.

you be surprised on how many people can actually do a simple update on their computers, let alone tell a program to do all the work.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2013, 07:03:18 pm »

it is already happening;

How may I put this...

When they get the opportunity to mess us over with no injury... They will.

of course, then another niche will emerge.

is the natural cycle: they start filling a niche, gain loyalty, exploit loyalty for profit thus creating an opening for others, then a third party fills the niche and the world goes around.

it has been this way for a long time now, dunno why people thinks their hobby is 'special' and then get all uppity about it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13