Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash on loading save "Missing plant gloss: Grass"  (Read 2831 times)

PearPie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Crash on loading save "Missing plant gloss: Grass"
« on: January 04, 2013, 04:06:39 pm »

Hi!

So, whenever I try to load my current save I get the message "FATAL ERROR -  Missing Plant Gloss: GRASS".

I'm using a modded game (Mephs Accelerated DF merged with Modest Mod + the Lazy Newb Pack), so that's why I'm posting this issue here.

I've searched around for a fix but to no avail, the closest I found was this thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=96446.0;nowap, which seems pretty relevant, but I'm not able to wrap my head around the fix talked about in that post. I did, after a lot of mucking about, decompress my save and open the world.sav in an hex editor, but I'm not able to find any instance where it's clear what I need to fix. Honestly, I'm not even sure it applies to my problem specifically. Maybe it's something else? I've tried going back to standard ASCII, switched to a plain install of DF, plain install of DF Accelerated ++, nothing works. Same error message no matter what I do.

The save loaded fine until this morning when I added a couple of things to my game, namely added a new mix of the Phoebus tileset (updated my save with it too, I used the version that came with the newb pack before that). I also fiddled about with some other stuff, trying to understand why DFhack wasn't working, which seemed to be an issue of some overwritten files, and worked after reinstalling DFhack.

I don't know if it's even fixable, but I was really, really into this fortress and everything was going so well, I would hate to have to scrap it.

Here's a copy of the save:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?796hq2bb3ps3n46

Any help would be appreciated!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Crash on loading save "Missing plant gloss: Grass"
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 04:09:10 pm »

I hope you have a backup, because updating savegames from a mod, by using unmodded raws from the LazyNewbPack will totally blow apart your save-raws. Thats the reason I uploaded 9 (!!!) versions of accelerated DF, one for each tileset, one for each operating system.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PearPie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 04:29:17 pm »

Backup?? Haha!

No.

Figures. :P Oh well, that's what I get for playing with fire magma.

Thanks, anyway!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 04:35:19 pm »

Dont give up hope, try this: Download accelerated DF again, same version you were using. go to raw/objects, copy everything. Go to your data/save/savename/raw/objects and paste everything.

And before you do that change your tileset back to ascii, since the modest-mod accelerated DF only supports ascii atm.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

PearPie

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 05:41:37 pm »

This... Actually worked!

Thank goodness. My embark had a volcano, flux, hematite AND running water, and I had just made a magma trap without getting to use it yet. Needless to say I was pretty miffed when I couldn't load my save.

Thanks again!!! I'll definitely be certain to make more backups from now on.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 05:46:59 pm »

8)