Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding War Animals?  (Read 1591 times)

Smithbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adding War Animals?
« on: January 04, 2013, 11:52:19 am »

Hey!

I've had a little look around the wiki and google, but I can't find any information on how you add a tame animal to a military squad. I recently got a tame golem in a wave of migrants and i'd like to have him on the front line should any nasty vile creatures try and take our precious rocks.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adding War Animals?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 12:06:08 pm »

You cannot add animals to a squad. You can however,asign them to a trainer to follow.

In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:42:50 pm »

You cannot add animals to a squad. You can however,asign them to a trainer to follow.
This right here. Any animals that are trained for hunting or war can be assigned to your military dwarves to follow them around. Golems might be a little different because they are slightly more intelligent (you are using Masterwork I suppose?) but animals can't be placed in squads regardless.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Smithbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 01:12:35 pm »

This right here. Any animals that are trained for hunting or war can be assigned to your military dwarves to follow them around. Golems might be a little different because they are slightly more intelligent (you are using Masterwork I suppose?) but animals can't be placed in squads regardless.

I am using Masterwork, but the golem is already the pet of one of my Dwarves so no worries there! Thanks for the help, i'll just assign his owner to a squad.

BoogieMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 03:47:30 pm »

A tame Golem? wtf?

Are you using some kind of mod? Any game I start in the current version never EVER has ANY unusual pets any more or even a variety.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ BoogieMan, Forumscrub cancels tantrum: Seeking Dr. Pepper

codyorr

• Bay Watcher
  • Alcohol is how I make DF more !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 08:29:46 pm »

You can only assign? Damn! No wonder I said it was BS! Time to fire up DF! (Sorry no help here for anything the thread was about.)
A rotting horse corpse since 201. !!DRUNK FORTRESS!!

blaster339

• Bay Watcher
  • Why did the chicken REALLY cross the road?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 04:11:00 am »

A tame Golem? wtf?

Are you using some kind of mod? Any game I start in the current version never EVER has ANY unusual pets any more or even a variety.
Alot of stuff is possible, now then
I want to see a tame dragon