Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The New Barony ((IC)) Year 0  (Read 3644 times)

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: The New Barony ((IC)) Year 0
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 01:48:20 pm »

"Your the reddish orange one."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 01:50:06 pm »

"I guess that's acceptable. Not what I was asking for, but more accessible."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 02:38:08 pm »

The doors to the drawing room opens, admitting in one of the Baron's men, and another man, a stranger to the majority of the gathering.

"My lord, Angelo Castilian, at your service." The guard says.

"I apologise for my tardiness. I see I'm not too late to put forwards my request to work your new-found lands."

Glancing at the map, as it stands, the new-comer continued:
"I am a woodsman my lord, be it hunting, or felling trees for the woodworkers. Thus, it'd be wise to give over the majority of the woodlands to me for that is where I am most suited. Of course, a portion of my labours will be turned over to you, as is only right."

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 02:42:41 pm »

The Baron scribbles on the map and then says "Allright, since the Piast family is already Blue you are yellow."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 02:49:24 pm »

"Sir, what do you intend to do with the land which is not allocated to anyone?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 03:39:15 pm »

"It will be common land and wilderness until I see fit to gift it to somebody."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 09:58:24 pm »

And so the land was divided.

Piast
Spoiler: land (click to show/hide)
Words of Wisdom: I'd start producing a field to grow your wheat.  And gathering lumber from the wilds to you know build at least a shack so you don't freeze come winter.

Castilian
Words of Wisdom: Cut wood, people are gonna be thankful for it when they need houses and there too depressed to do it themselves, and you need it to build your home and place of business. ((I'll add you to the list when I post this, amazonian butcher lady))

Drakhardt
Words of Wisdom: Turning land into pasture is not a job, it's more of hey that will be pasture, so your job is to get some lumber, build a sty, and go and try to get some pigs from a neighboring town, pigs don't require barns like produce animals do, but they sure do make babies and meat. ((your imaginary wife could help you with this, but she's basically a serf that has no limits))

((damn those are some big pictures, nothing I can do about it now though.))

Each square is a plot, every 2x2 group of plots is an acre, every 2x2 group of acres is a parcel.

The Baron has enough food in his stores to feed a population of 30 for 2 years, make it count.

I now need to know what your actions are.  List them as such.

Job: You may have one, jobs usually involve skills.  If you don't have the skill you can only perform if you are happy, since you don't have a 1 to take away from unlike skilled folks who keep working til they cry themselves to death, just not as well.

Chores: Chores are the minor things as said before, I don't expect many chores in the first turn, since you all have nothing. Remember you can only have 2 chores before it starts making you depressed.

Hobby: This is a new thing I'm just adding, you can have 1 hobby a season, this has some minor benefits, such as a point of happiness for playing cards or a game *if you guys had any*.  Or earning 1 unit of fish, from fishing with a pole *if you had one*, hunting rabbits for 1 unit of meat, etc.  Most of these require you actually own the item though, so I suspect your first hobby will be milling around in the dirt or weaving a basket or whittling a little figure, the last two only lightly less useless then the first.  If you have a bedroom, you and your spouse must give up a hobby to try to have a child, but you need a room, and then a bed to make one of those, so it won't happen this turn.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 10:00:55 pm by King_of_the_weasels »
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 11:44:42 pm »

Spoiler: Krieg (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Wife (click to show/hide)
Is this OK?
Finaly:
Spoiler: Serf? (click to show/hide)
Sig

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 11:48:53 pm »

((I have a question about the baron's lodings, is it a castle, a wood fortress or something else?))

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 12:11:14 am »

Spoiler: Krieg (click to show/hide)

Way i'm taking your actions are.

Lumbering for 1 unit of lumber, this won't use up a forest tile, OR you can clear cut, which gives you *rolls some dice* 5 units of lumber, but permanently gets rid of a plot of wood.

For your chores, their basically fluff, but you don't really have any chores to do.

Hunting will net you a single meat, cause you bag a couple hares and fowl, not a great deer like a hunter normally would per level.  So you guys will enjoy meat, which is +1 happiness for whoever enjoys it.

Spoiler: Wife (click to show/hide)

For her, I see it as this.

Build Garden, as long as she stays happy when she plants the crops (which she will since your not pushing her) then in summer and fall you will get 1 unit of vegetables, which when using the stew chore will give you guys enough food to survive for each of those seasons, during winter you won't get the vegetables since there frosted over, but in spring you will get some veggies back for each season.  All she has to do is maintain the garden with a chore every turn.

Cooking stew, doesn't really do anything right now cause your being fed by the baron.

Is this OK?
Finaly:
Spoiler: Serf? (click to show/hide)

Krieg doesn't have real chores as said above, the serf would accomplish nothing, and you can't even hire one cause you don't have room for him!  You'd need to build him a shack, or have a shelter that also provides additional shelter.\

examples from the list:

Hovel- Requires: 1 Plot, 2 Lumber.  Can be built in a season.
Provides shelter for 2 people, usually serfs.

This building provides shelter, but gives no rooms, it's also cheap and quick to build.

Hut- Requires: 1 Plot, 4 lumber. Can be built in 2 seasons.
Provides 1 room.

This building has a room, which could be a workshop, or a bedroom, it however provides no shelter unless it has a den or a bedroom.

Cottage- Requires: 2 Plots, 6 lumber. Can be built in a year.
Provides 1 room, and shelter for 2 people.

This building has a room and shelter, so it can hold a kitchen, or workshop, or other rooms I haven't listed, AND you and your wife, OR it could have a bedroom in the room, and also have room for 2 serfs or adult children.

Uh, I've seem to lost track..

Okay maintain tent is fluff, so I won't hold it against her.

Basket weaving will give you 1 basket, which, has no purpose as of yet, but let's think of one, um.. It can be used to increase.. gathering, so she can use a basket to do a chore of.. collecting berries, or just a +1 to vegetable gathering. Or nothing.

((I have a question about the baron's lodings, is it a castle, a wood fortress or something else?))

Keep- Requires: 1 Parcel, 18 Lumber, 26 Stone. Can be built only by a lord.
Provides 8 rooms, a barracks, and shelter for 10 people.

Badaboom, it looks like whatever this would look like.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 12:21:55 am »

Quote was a bit messed-up, but okay.
I'd be fed by the baron, the garden, and the hunting for now, right? (And I'll just lumber for now.)

Is it possible to hire serfs to do jobs, like cutting wood or setting up homes?
Sig

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 12:24:08 am »

Chores:Set up future trade routes with nearby towns and other lords and manage shit

Hobby: train weapons

serfs: 4 will mine and 1 will set up a building site for a stone bridge.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:39:37 am by mcclay »

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 12:30:36 am »

Quote was a bit messed-up, but okay.
I'd be fed by the baron, the garden, and the hunting for now, right? (And I'll just lumber for now.)

Is it possible to hire serfs to do jobs, like cutting wood or setting up homes?

I just didn't feel like fixing up the quote.

It is, but as I explained above, YOU need to provide them food and shelter, not the baron.

Job: Set up future trade routes with nearby towns and other lords

Chores: manage estate, manage food

Hobby: train weapons?

You are the Baron, you'd never do a job!  You have serfs for that. 5 of them in fact.  They can cut wood, then take that wood next season, and build a bridge for like a year, then cut MORE WOOD.  Or whatever you want them to do.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2013, 03:22:45 am »

Job: I can do zip I think. Unless I've read the rules wrong and can go wood chopping.

Chores: Clear a building site, clear a field for farming

Hobby: Make a little toy.

What if my husband(or Dragor23) take too long to replied?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:37:10 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2013, 03:26:59 am »

Hobby : Run a small combat tournament with myself and the other guards, the winner getting 1 free day per week for a month.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4