Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220513 times)

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1860 on: February 08, 2013, 07:04:29 pm »

Cld magic could easily ruin a ballista. Freeze all those complicated parts. The cold alone will do some damage.
It won't do much against the bolt, though. Which was what I was talking about.

Life weapons can be killed with Death magic.
Chaos weapons can be nullified with Order magic.
Fire weapons can be blocked with Cold magic.
Solid wooden, mundane ballista bolts? Much harder to stop.
You could just blow it up.  Or blow it off course.  Or laser it.  Or order it into not moving.  Just to list a few.
The first several couldn't be done with passive auras, the last couldn't either but bears special mention for how idiotic it is.
My point isn't that it's unstoppable, just that it's harder to be immune to.
The Justicar who got away used a bit of order magic that slowed down everything by quite a bit.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: February 08, 2013, 07:07:29 pm »

Fire could burn it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: February 08, 2013, 07:13:13 pm »

Fire could burn it.
or with enough of it, blow it up.
Or melt it if it be composed entirely of metal.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: February 08, 2013, 07:15:59 pm »

Cld magic could easily ruin a ballista. Freeze all those complicated parts. The cold alone will do some damage.
It won't do much against the bolt, though. Which was what I was talking about.

Life weapons can be killed with Death magic.
Chaos weapons can be nullified with Order magic.
Fire weapons can be blocked with Cold magic.
Solid wooden, mundane ballista bolts? Much harder to stop.
You could just blow it up.  Or blow it off course.  Or laser it.  Or order it into not moving.  Just to list a few.
The first several couldn't be done with passive auras, the last couldn't either but bears special mention for how idiotic it is.
My point isn't that it's unstoppable, just that it's harder to be immune to.
The Justicar who got away used a bit of order magic that slowed down everything by quite a bit.
Everything, not just enemy projectiles. That's impractical to put over a whole army, even assuming that slowing stuff down like that doesn't screw up any kind of biological functions.

Fire could burn it.
We're the fire guy.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: February 08, 2013, 07:22:22 pm »

OOC thread maybe?  Just to discuss how we want to arm the castle then we can post the most popular results here.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: February 08, 2013, 07:23:02 pm »

Yeah, and obviously there are other gods with our domains. Do we really think that out of nine gods, none have fire? Life could also deal with wooden bolts. Make it come to life, grow, become too heavy to fly, and now it's a treant.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: February 08, 2013, 07:34:13 pm »

Yeah, and obviously there are other gods with our domains. Do we really think that out of nine gods, none have fire? Life could also deal with wooden bolts. Make it come to life, grow, become too heavy to fly, and now it's a treant.
Well:
1. The fire thing would either need to be directed or would also ruin visibility and destroy outgoing projectiles.
2. The life thing would be pretty impractical, and still leave a pretty hefty treant flying at the enemy army.
3. We don't know of any such gods. While a God of Life seems fairly probable (although most certainly not certain), Fire seems like a pretty chaotic element...
4. My point was that mundane weapons would be harder to nullify with magic, not impossible. It makes sense to diversify.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: February 08, 2013, 07:37:56 pm »

Wile I do like diversification, I thought we were discussing uses for our mana rack. The ballistic and catapult can be out on anyway, after all. They just aren't as powerful.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: February 08, 2013, 07:45:26 pm »

Why would we use manarack on nallistae or catapults?
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: February 08, 2013, 07:55:56 pm »

That's what I was saying.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: February 09, 2013, 09:12:12 am »

You know, I find myself wondering if there's a Manarack counterpart resistant to magic.

GM?
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: February 09, 2013, 09:13:11 am »

Even if there wasn't, we might be able to create some sort of magic drain.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: February 09, 2013, 09:16:20 am »

You know, I find myself wondering if there's a Manarack counterpart resistant to magic.

GM?
The Void stuff was implied to be anti-manarack.
Sig

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: February 09, 2013, 09:31:05 am »

We need to do more research. Entropy is not to be underestimated in it's volatility, but if we can successfully weaponize it, it would be a hugely useful tool.

Ask the other gods about what they know, I think.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: February 09, 2013, 09:34:03 am »

So we're going to try and weaponise that which is anathema to us? This cannot possibly go wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 130