Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220514 times)

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1845 on: February 08, 2013, 05:07:49 am »

ptw
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: February 08, 2013, 04:34:30 pm »

Suggestion time.
Critique time.

Chaos Spire. 6 manarack. Constantly shifting and mutating towering structure, changing between different styles of architectures and sometimes to things that certainly aren't architecture, in the more or less center of our fort. It does multiple things. One, being chaos, it can change what it does to a degree. Two, it projects a chaos order that dampens or nulls order magic in the vicinity. Three, that same aura allows our creations more agility, speed, intelligence, and change speed(for the growths n the Stem's hands, for example). Four, it allows other lacrimas to change what they are, though they're still the same size. Finally, it fucks with the heads of our enemies in the vicinity.
I like the sound of that.

A Living Armory. 5 manarack. Grows any small hand held, and some large, weapons we might desire on a momen's notice.
Also sounds pretty good, although why only weapons?

Two Weapon Trees. Thanks to the Chaos Spire, these can take multiple weapon plat-forms. 8 manarack each. Usually they're arboreal artillery, firing explosive gourds indirectly at far off targets. These can of course, have differenT properties, from incendiary to fungus-air bomb. They can also by Micc Wyle(read: missile) Launchers. Small, suicidal, very fast, flying creatures that can track their targets, might have a shaped charge, shrapnel, etc. Typically weaker than the gourds, but more accurate and there's just plain more of them. Anything else we can really think of for them too, to be honest.
Meh. Why use manarack on them?

A Fire Station. Big bonfire looking thing. Shoot heat rays at stuff. 7 manarack. 'nuff said.
Something like this.

That costs a total of 34, leaving us eight plus Krait's for the smaller weapons, which are easily modifiable thanks to the Spire.
I'd suggest letting Krait design some weapons and such for the fortress, too.

I'd also like it if we could have mundane weapons, too. A couple ballistae would really liven things up, and couldn't be blocked by order, cold, and death magic.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: February 08, 2013, 04:35:57 pm »

Uristiel can add the mundane weapons.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: February 08, 2013, 04:52:06 pm »

Uristiel can add the mundane weapons.
Well, yes, but he should do so before we lift the castle thingy off the ground, and this is when we're adding weapons, so it seems like a good time to mention that.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: February 08, 2013, 05:23:50 pm »

Cld magic could easily ruin a ballista. Freeze all those complicated parts. The cold alone will do some damage.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: February 08, 2013, 05:25:04 pm »

Metallic ballistae.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: February 08, 2013, 05:29:03 pm »

Metallic ballistae.
On fire.
Another problem solved by fire.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: February 08, 2013, 05:29:40 pm »

...have you seen what happens when something is supercooled? Especially if different parts are cooled at different rates?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: February 08, 2013, 05:30:22 pm »

...have you seen what happens when something is supercooled? Especially if different parts are cooled at different rates?
Have you seen what happens if you superheat something?  All parts instantaneously?
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: February 08, 2013, 05:34:38 pm »

Bad things. Yes. We're talking about our stuff not being destroyed though, no their stuff being destroyed. If we tried to insta thaw a frozen ballista, we'd break it. It would crack, or burn, or warp, or any number of other things
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: February 08, 2013, 05:37:03 pm »

A metallic ballistae would be very hard to freeze-break, and we could use a more flexible metal on the smaller parts to protect against it. And, as a god of Fire, we could probably just enchant them to stay at the same temperature.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: February 08, 2013, 06:04:37 pm »

Cld magic could easily ruin a ballista. Freeze all those complicated parts. The cold alone will do some damage.
It won't do much against the bolt, though. Which was what I was talking about.

Life weapons can be killed with Death magic.
Chaos weapons can be nullified with Order magic.
Fire weapons can be blocked with Cold magic.
Solid wooden, mundane ballista bolts? Much harder to stop.
Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: February 08, 2013, 06:06:56 pm »

You could just blow it up.  Or blow it off course.  Or laser it.  Or order it into not moving.  Just to list a few.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: February 08, 2013, 06:55:40 pm »

You could just blow it up.  Or blow it off course.  Or laser it.  Or order it into not moving.  Just to list a few.
The first several couldn't be done with passive auras, the last couldn't either but bears special mention for how idiotic it is.
My point isn't that it's unstoppable, just that it's harder to be immune to.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: February 08, 2013, 06:59:16 pm »

...yes, fire can be stopped be cold. But how exactly is a bigass bone fragment, or flying piece of hard thorn coming at you at 300 mph going to be stopped be death magic? When a porcupine leaves it's quills in something, the quills aren't aloe, but they still hurt.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 130