Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220681 times)

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1785 on: January 31, 2013, 06:14:24 am »

Tell Edward to experiment with his saltwater-firenector mixture, maybe there is a way to control the explosion by spraying small amounts of it together, creating a small, incredibly hot, but not explodey flame. Tell him to also watch out while experimenting with this stuff, we wouldn't want him to die of it.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1786 on: January 31, 2013, 07:09:11 am »

Sorry, wrong thread.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: February 02, 2013, 04:14:10 am »

Posting to watch and kicking myself for not getting into this when I first saw it at the start of the month.  :(

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: February 03, 2013, 03:28:52 pm »

UPDATEZ NAO!!!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: February 03, 2013, 03:31:57 pm »

UPDATEZ NAO!!!
Send Leto to free Corruptor from his cryoprison in the heart of the EoT.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: February 03, 2013, 05:16:14 pm »

UPDATEZ NAO!!!
Send Leto to free Corruptor from his cryoprison in the heart of the EoT.
Smack these guys for disrupting the game by posting in the IC thread.

Smack self, too, just to be fair.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: February 05, 2013, 02:57:40 am »

Let's set up a wargame!
Maybe scatter the troglodites through the forest for starters and have Leto catch them?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

With an hour and a half left before the match, you decide to test out give Leto's abilities a little test...

Five minutes later, your stems had retrieved the trogs from their cages and set them loose in the forest. The trogs immediately whirled about to attack the stems, seemingly ignorant of the fact that they were outnumbered six to one - before Brunikaar helpfully swooped down and let loose a deafening roar that sent them sprinting in the opposite direction.

"We're going to play a little game," you tell Leto, who stood at the edge of the forest.
"Bring back the two trogs I've just released - and bring them back unharmed - within two minutes. Starting now."

The Jara's eyes lit up with interest, and he vanished in a blur of movement. You quickly locate the trogs, and find that they've run in different directions - every trog for himself, apparently.

The slower of the trogs jumped in surprise as it saw something flicker at the edge of its version, and looked around wildly - but saw nothing. It shook its head and turned back around, just in time to scream in surprise as a chitinous hand grabbed it. In a blur of static and dark tendrils, both forms vanished.

The other one seems to have heard the scream, since it was running even faster now. Not much for brains, these trogs, but in terms of strength and speed they seemed to outperform humans. It stopped dead in its tracks however when it stopped a flicker of movement ahead, and ran in a different direction. It seemed to sense something closing in behind it, and lashed out with a heavilly muscled arm, but hit only air and the remnants of shadowy mist.

Blinking in confusion, it turned slowly in a circle, seeing flickers of black chitin everywhere. Starting to hyperventilate, it tore a heavy branch off the tree next to it and swung wildly in every direction with insensible roars and grunts that were belied by the obvious panic in it's voice. Its bellows were abruptly cut off by a pair of hands closing over its mouth, and then all was silent.

You zoom your awareness to Leto, and find him standing back next to the trog cages, now filled again with their occupents. "Did I win?" the Jara asked hopefully, blinking.
"Ah - yes, yes you did. With four minutes to spare, no less," you tell him. "Well done, I am pleased."
"Does this mean I get to start doing missions for you?" Leto asked.
"Patience, you will not have to wait much longer," you assure him with a chuckle.

You converse with Leto for most of the remaining time, until with five minutes remaining you zoom back to the arena to check up on Laksus.

"So," you ask conversationally, "Are you ready to fight?"
Laksus looks up from where he sits crosslegged on the ground, and bared his teeth in a smile.
"The question should be, is Krait's champion ready," he replied as he rose to his feet, stretching indolently. He strode out of the preparation tent and through the arena gates - into a drastically changed fighting ground.

Uristiel had taken the liberty of scattering dozens of stone pillars around the arena, meters thick and rising dozens of feet into the air. A twenty foot circle of open ground lay in the center of the arena, within which Krait's champion already stood.

Looking nonchalant, Laksus paced through the thicket of stone towards his opponent. The man looked to be in his mid-twenties, with platinum blond hair and dark-green armor that looked like some sort of crystal or glass. He stood a foot taller than Laksus, with the same lean build - his blue eyes narrowed as Laksus approached.
"So this is the toy Maher threw away," the man said, tilting his head to one side.
Laksus's eyes hardened, but he made no reply other than to assess his surroundings, glancing speculatively at the stone pillers.

"Revan," Uristiel's voice boomed abruptly. "Are ye ready?"
Krait's champion nodded curtly, and Laksus preemptively snarled, "I'm ready, let's get to the fighting."
Uristiel huffed, apparently miffed about being interrupted, but roared "Begin!"

Twin kukri daggers appeared in Laksus's grip as if by magic, and he charged Revan with a manic gleam in his eyes. Revan calmly drew his weapon - which, oddly enough, was only a hilt. A longsword's blade slid out of the hilt, and he leapt forward to meet Laksus's rush. The two daggers swept in, stabbing slashing and lunging in the space of three heartbeats - but were neatly turned aside by the glass armor. The longsword returned the favor, and a burst of crimson erupted from a sudden wound in Laksus's shoulder.

He leapt back with a snarled curse, his shoulder wound already halfway healed. Revan grinned, and the longsword's form twisted, elongating into a pike as Krait's champion stabbed the reshaped weapon forward. Laksus twisted aside from it at the last second, the point slicing the smallest wound across his ear before plunging into the grey stone of the pillar behind him.

Laksus began another rush, but abruptly stiffened and clutched his torso with a snarl of pain. "P-p-poison...you coward," he hissed, and Revan shrugged innocently. The pike retracted from the pillar, morphing into a heavy claymore as he lashed out with one leg in a vicious kick, sending his weakened opponent crashing to the ground.

The claymore slammed downward towards Laksus's exposed neck - when the prone warrior surged forward, fur and muscle erupting as he shifted to his other form, foot long claws diving towards Revan's head. Revan's eyes widened as his armored arm came up defensively, shreds of green crystal tearing free as the razor-sharp claws raked across it. He brought up his weapon, now a gigantic shield covered in green spikes, but narrowed his eyes as Laksus bounded into the thicket of stone pillars.

"Interesting," Revan remarked, turning a wary eye around him. "So that transformation of yours purged the poison from your body - and now you're making me come after you."
In answer, a trio of crimson spines flitted out of the thicket, clanging harmlessly off of Revan's armor - until they detonated with a thundrous shockwave of flame, scorching the center of the arena black.

Revan lowered his arms from in front of his face, the crystal armor cracked and singed in places. A strand of burnt blonde hair fell to the ground, crumbling to ashes, and Krait's champion strode wordlessly into the stone thicket, murder in his eyes. As he stalked forward, he drew another hilt with his right hand and both weapons morphed smoothly into long scimitars. A flash of fur came abruptly from behind him, and one scimitar lashed out, toppling a pillar in it's passing but cutting no flesh. A clawed hand swept in from the side, raking towards Revan's throat but was intercepted halfway there by the other scimitar, lopping off the entire limb with a burst of crimson.

Shifting smoothly into human form, Laksus drew a dagger with his remaining arm and threw it as the limb regenerated, snarling in pain as the other scimitar swept across his torso. The arm finished regrowing, and your champion morphed back into beast form just as the poison began to take effect, lunging towards his opponent with renewed strength. The two began to trade blows in that manner, Revan's weapons changing as often as Laksus - scimitars congealing into waraxes, which were replaced a minute later with morningstars.

Laksus swiftly lost patience as blow after blow was turned aside by his opponent's armor, and began firing his explosive spines as swiftly as he could regenerate them. Whether incinerated, cut down, or knocked over, the stone pillars were rapidly being levelled as the two warriors got serious.

Hissing in pain from a freshly acquired burn across his face, Revan's eyes flashed and scaled wings burst from his back, along with an additonal pair of reptilian-looking arms below his human arms. The new hands drew two more weapons, and the transformed champion charged through another burst of explosions, heedless of the pain.

Laksus's eyes widened in surprise, and he leapt backward and upwards onto one of the pillars, firing off another salvo of spines with a snarl. Revan's wings flexed and he hurtled up after him, twisting smoothly aside from the oncoming projectiles and slashing with all four weapons. Four gaping wounds opened along Laksus's body and he hurridly shifted as blood gushed out, hopping to another pillar and throwing daggers with both hands. The first clanged futily against crystalline armor, but the second pierced through a weakened scorched section, sinking to the hilt in Revan's side.

Ignoring the wound, Krait's champion opened his mouth and spat a torrent of poison from fang-adorned jaws, all four weapons shifting to barbed whips as he alighted on a adjacent piller. Wounds healed but breathing heavily, Laksus ducked under the surge of poison and shifted to beast form yet again, slashing at the incoming whips with his claws and severing two of them, taking the other two lashes across the shoulder with grunts of pain.

As his winged opponent took to the air and hurtled towards him, four longswords now clutched in scaled hands, Laksus narrowed his eyes and stood still, spreading his arms. As all four blades thrust into him, he leaned forward and fired every spine he had at point blank range.

Two charred figures flew apart as the explosion shook the arena and chunks of stone and flesh rained down on the audience. You hurridly zoom to Laksus, and find him back in human form, burned bleeding and unconscious on the arena floor. Revan looks in even worse condition, every inch of exposed flesh burned and blackened and the dagger through his armor had been pushed even deeper by the blast. As you watch, the burns slowly retreated from Laksus's flesh as the healing - albeit slowly - began to repair the damage, and your champion's eyes fly abruptly open as he gasps for breath.

"We have a winner! I think!" Uristiel shouted, sounding a little hoarse. Narcissus rushed out to the arena and leaned over Revan, a viper altered with her healing boon ready to strike as she pulled out the dagger lodged deep in his lungs.
"Well fought," you tell Laksus as he lurched to his feet and limped out of the arena, a ghost of a satisfied smirk on his face.
"Yes, very," Krait's voice murmured, and Laksus croaked out a laugh as he reached his tent.
"Thanks," he wheezed, and passed out with a sigh of relief.

"My my, I'm going to have to step up my game in future, aren't I," Krait chuckled softly. "To show no hard feelings, I'll even grant you a favor, or a follower of yours a boon if you'd like."

Before you can reply, Uristiel appears alongside you and Krait. "About tha fortress," he rumbled. "We're at tha point where we can start addin' some weapons and towers ta it - if ye have any preferences."
"I happen to have some manarack for some Chaos lacrima towers," Krait said with a malicious chuckle.
"Do ye now," Uristiel said eagerly. "How much do ye have for me to work with?" he asked.

As he asks, morning comes and replenishes you with 455 Mana.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 12:17:27 am by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: February 05, 2013, 04:40:59 am »

Ballistas, Cannons, Catapults, Manarack-powered fireball towers and platforms for drop-pods would be nice on the fortress.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: February 05, 2013, 06:08:21 am »

We want elemental towers especially, that is what the platforms are for.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: February 05, 2013, 06:10:23 am »

We want elemental towers especially, that is what the platforms are for.

So, Manarack powered Chaos Lacrosa towers (ala Krait's idea), manarack powered fireball towers and manarack powered automated superheated projective launchers that use life magic.

Plus a whole arsenals worth of ballistas, catapults and cannons (and by cannons i mean WW2 type field guns).

It sounds like we are going to be combining our manarack with Krait's manarack to help power all these defenses. What we need to NOT do is put it all in one place. Spread them out as (heavily defended) manarack nodes around the fortress so that they cant be taken down all at once if we get attacked/boarded.

And by heavily defended, i mean they have several platoons of Stems (and maybe Kraits snakemen?) supported by Saps and MAYBE one of our Chaos Golems. In short, the nodes should be spread about in various barracks.....
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 06:14:30 am by kahn1234 »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: February 05, 2013, 06:17:39 am »

We should get Krait to make some towers of his own, besides Chaos Lacroses, he has Water as a sphere.
(most weapons would be on the defense platforms)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: February 05, 2013, 06:22:30 am »

Why not combine the posion and fire magic into a dual-action superheated poisonous gas tower? If the EoT sends troops tailored to combat us, then one weapon can deal with multiple types.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: February 05, 2013, 06:42:38 am »

I say we put our equivalent of naval guns on this, frightfully powerful and very long range.  Not to mention the drop pods and fireball throwers and Kraits idea and rapid flechette cannons (with the flechettes delivering the spores or germinating a seed if they miss) and bomb racks for all sorts of things and a couple small anti-boarder flamers and of course, our monstrous manarack powered fire beam.  Of death.  We want this thing to be suitably over powered, since we want it to be serving as our battleship.  OF DOOM.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: February 05, 2013, 08:58:36 am »

Some gravity-assisted bombs would be useful. We can have Eric or whatever his name was work on them. Especially if they have a outercoating of spores, in case the fire doesn't catch.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: February 05, 2013, 09:33:46 am »

Few high caliber guns is a must. Why? Else it would be easier to make many small fortresses and lift them in the air independently.

It's like modern Navy, no one builds battleships since large guns got replaced by sea-to-sea missiles

For me that fortress is  ( in order of importance)
a) Airbase  (remember  aircraft carrier > battleship)
b) Place to evacuate  our civilians
c) Long range artillery base

I'd not waste place on bomb bays. It's not it's role.  if we plan strategical bombing use artillery from a safe distance

I'd not waste resources on medium strength guns.  Only few uberguns and air defense guns.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 130