Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220591 times)

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1770 on: January 30, 2013, 07:27:01 pm »

No showing off Leto. He's our spy. Therefore, he must remain secret to all but our allies.
Not even they may know of him.
Agreed.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: January 30, 2013, 07:29:48 pm »

No showing off Leto. He's our spy. Therefore, he must remain secret to all but our allies.
Agreed.
Agreed to the Agreed

The monster ant probably can't reproduce but it could be a fun target for Leto to practice on, same with those other things.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: January 30, 2013, 07:33:13 pm »

Personally, I think we should send leto to locate record and record the locations of as many orc camps as possible. It would help with tricking them, and might slightly decrease the rate of random orc attacks.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: January 30, 2013, 07:38:18 pm »

EDIT: Kill Luciens crime against nature.  The last thing we need is an infestation of watermelon sized two headed scorpion ants.

Lets not crush lucius's creation. atleast not before assessing the threat it poses.
we're a chaotic God we shouldn't just trample over the ambitions of one of our young mages just because of a little fear.

edit: if anything we should just 'tweak' his creation a little to make it work. see it as a gentle prod in the right direction ;)

This new god must not be too intelligent if he's so quick to insult a god he has little to no knowledge of whatsoever.
I suggest we show off some of our creations, such as our dragons and perhaps Leto. That'll show him...

It was hardly an insult, a blunt observation and a lack of respect sure, but we haven't really done anything to earn his respect in the first place.
if Donut feels insulted he needs to grow a thicker skin. lets not try and provoke the guy by flexing our newborn muscles.

for all we know Aeofel is an elder god and has seen countless of young gods come and go.

his words do make me wonder though, how old is Krait?

Personally, I think we should send leto to locate record and record the locations of as many orc camps as possible. It would help with tricking them, and might slightly decrease the rate of random orc attacks.

this sounds like a fine first mission.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:39:54 pm by Talvara »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: January 30, 2013, 07:59:42 pm »

Let's set up a wargame!
Maybe scatter the troglodites through the forest for starters and have Leto catch them?
+1
+1, but later. We have some other things for him to do first.

Quote from: GWG
This new god must not be too intelligent if he's so quick to insult a god he has little to no knowledge of whatsoever.
I suggest we show off some of our creations, such as our dragons and perhaps Leto. That'll show him...
Nope.

He specifically insulted our Fire Sphere, saying it was only good for one thing. Which could be correct... but if we're set on "beating" him, we should try to prove him wrong. Find something else for fire to do that doesn't involve burnininating things.

Hate to bring it up again but please try and open up trade with Maher.  We don't need to be best buddies with him but trade would increase our wealth and remove a potential enemy.  Also at least he was respectful to us unlike this other god.  We'll see how he feels about us later, give him a chance to be a helpful or at least a respectful neighbor and if not we could always "remove" him as we grow in power.
Agreed. Just because we aren't the friendliest on personal terms doesn't mean we can't have our citizens trade. China and the US have some...differences, but they're big trade partners. Tune up the dissatisfaction and tune up the trade, and that could be us.
+1 trade with Skelington oop North. Maherport is large, and we don't need a extra enemy right now. We can certainly foster trade without liking each other. But we have to speak with Maher first, and get rid of our little spat before he puts that Bone Collossus to good use.

Agreed.
Agreed to the Agreed

The monster ant probably can't reproduce but it could be a fun target for Leto to practice on, same with those other things.
Another Agreed to the pile! Leto is a spy; make sure everyone knows to conceal his existance, make sure Leto knows to hide from followers of other gods, save those in our alliance. And even then, we should try to make him an enigma, something curious they don't know about. Preferably in such a way that we imply but never outright state that they might find out if they got a little closer to us. That way we can convince them to try to cuddle up to us instead of the other way around.

Aeofel (God of Horrible Jumbles of Letters) seems a lot like a Apple to our PC. If we do start a Enlightenment, Aeofel is going to have electronics and such while we're more likely to go steampunk. Still, no need to foster frosty relations with the God of winter. Especially since he seems to be friends with Serena. Gotta have at least neutral relations with a girls friends before the bow chicka wow wow happens. Usually.

Anyway, that should last until the next event. Then we just head back to the Arena.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1775 on: January 30, 2013, 08:13:53 pm »

Nope.

He specifically insulted our Fire Sphere, saying it was only good for one thing. Which could be correct... but if we're set on "beating" him, we should try to prove him wrong. Find something else for fire to do that doesn't involve burnininating things.

...but control of heat is far more than just burning stuff. Its also freezing, controlling winds, and a number of other things.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: January 30, 2013, 08:17:14 pm »

Nope.

...but control of heat is far more than just burning stuff. Its also freezing, controlling winds, and a number of other things.

Also think of the metaphorical. Firey passion, hot-headedness. Fire is also intense emotion.

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
« Reply #1777 on: January 30, 2013, 08:20:26 pm »

Nope.

Also think of the metaphorical. Firey passion, hot-headedness. Fire is also intense emotion.

And dissassembling anything, if you had the patience and knowledge, because you can control atoms with tiny bursts of air, as well as protons and neutrons and electrons. It'd just take a fair bit of energy and time. But you could do anything. ANYTHING

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: January 30, 2013, 08:57:56 pm »

Nope.

And dissassembling anything, if you had the patience and knowledge, because you can control atoms with tiny bursts of air, as well as protons and neutrons and electrons. It'd just take a fair bit of energy and time. But you could do anything. ANYTHING
Problem is, air is also made up of those same atoms, so it wouldn't be quite as effective as you'd think.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: January 30, 2013, 09:00:32 pm »

Who the fuck is making shit up about how far down the temperature scale our fire sphere goes?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: January 30, 2013, 09:15:44 pm »

I think it's Kytuzian himself.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: January 30, 2013, 09:23:24 pm »

^Really discussion about atoms I think this is relevant to the OOC

______

We should get Laksus prepared for the fight and get Leto to watch.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 09:28:33 pm by jaass »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: January 30, 2013, 09:30:27 pm »

Yeah, good idea.

Leto should attempt to infiltrate the festivities without being spotted. Of course, we'll tell our godly friends we'll have a spy we're testing be about, but we don't tell them anything else. Since obviously he's a spy. He should be able to hide from even Gods.

Even if they see him though as long as the mortals are oblivious to his presence he should work fairly well. There are far more mortal eyes than divine ones.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: January 31, 2013, 02:34:00 am »

Who the fuck is making shit up about how far down the temperature scale our fire sphere goes?
The ice part is right and the wind, but only in generally terms
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: January 31, 2013, 03:22:34 am »

I agree with doing nothing right now, and having Leto attend to the festivities trying to stay unnoticed. With warnings to the gods of course. Telling them not to smite the sneaky thing they detected because it's ours and in training.

After the festival, have him catch the scorpio and the troglodyts, but with stems all over the forest that are trying to catch him.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 130