Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220602 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1755 on: January 30, 2013, 05:24:09 pm »

GWG it'll help because Maher see's this as a game against an enemy he wants to savor beating, a physical form we can possess will allow us to wreak havoc without breaking the 'rules' Maher put in place. We know he won't break his own rules, first because he would have done so by now if he would, but secondly because he savors the game to much, keep him playing, keep within the rules, and he cannot directly harm us or our followers with his powers which outnumber ours by far even in our current state.
This assumes that Maher would see destroying the avatar as a direct attack on us, as opposed to destroying a creation, as well as assuming that Maher would stick to the rules when we aren't.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: January 30, 2013, 05:45:05 pm »

If you look back he said as long as we refrain from directly casting on his followers :3 We aren't directly casting on them if we're channeling our power through an avatar plus the skeletons and zombies we'll fight aren't his followers are they?

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: January 30, 2013, 05:51:38 pm »

If you look back he said as long as we refrain from directly casting on his followers :3 We aren't directly casting on them if we're channeling our power through an avatar plus the skeletons and zombies we'll fight aren't his followers are they?
Nor are our stems, or the werewolves, but he hasn't attacked either of them.  He also didn't attack the spore fungus, the firejackets, the rosewall, or the corrupted forest.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: January 30, 2013, 05:54:48 pm »

Nor are our stems, or the werewolves, but he hasn't attacked either of them.  He also didn't attack the spore fungus, the firejackets, the rosewall, or the corrupted forest.
Because that'd be to easy for him, he wants the challenge, just cause he doesn't attack something doesn't automatically make it part of the deal. You also have to keep in mind that during our battle he became distracted halfway through by the orcs so that could have played a factor in him not using those powers. All in all Maher wants to manipulate us for his entertainment and using his powers directly onto our stuff would make it easy for him to win which defeats the purpose of the entire game he created.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: January 30, 2013, 06:01:24 pm »

Because that'd be to easy for him, he wants the challenge, just cause he doesn't attack something doesn't automatically make it part of the deal. You also have to keep in mind that during our battle he became distracted halfway through by the orcs so that could have played a factor in him not using those powers. All in all Maher wants to manipulate us for his entertainment and using his powers directly onto our stuff would make it easy for him to win which defeats the purpose of the entire game he created.
We're bound by the same rules, we break 'em, he smites us all to hell.  He has power which is orders of magnitude greater than ours, by the time he had gotten through to the wall he could've demolished the forest ten times over, but he didn't.  The orcs only attacked AFTER he has breached the rose wall.  Trying to break the rules will result in our swift demise because he has a lot more in the way of mana.
EDIT: Let's take this into the OOC since it ain't getting anywhere.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: January 30, 2013, 06:17:53 pm »

Definitely create a strong alliance with him. I mean, an Earth God is already a versatile and useful ally to have, but a God of War and Creation, too? Those spheres apply to so much, and may end up really helping/assisting us on some fronts. 

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"It would be an honor to have you in the alliance," you reply to Uristiel.
"Though I have to warn you, in joining us you may be acquiring more enemies than you would like. I have clashed with Maher, and the Empire of Tranquility is in a constant state of war with all Chaos Gods."

Uristiel fell silent for a moment, then roared out a laugh.
"What part o' God o' War did ye not understand," he chortled. "Besides, tha Tranqs 'ave already promised ter wipe the dwarves from tha face of tha land, something about drunken conduct."
"Well then," Krait replied, "Welcome aboard, together we might last a week against their legions," he chuckled sardonically.

should we offer a trade with urist? we give him a life/healing boon to one of his clerics/priests for one creation boon so our young mages can learn?

"By the way, Uristiel, would you be interested in a boon trade?" you ask.
"Depends on tha boon," he answered frankly. 
"How about a Major Healing Boon for a Major Creation Boon?"
"Hngh...make tha a Major Life Boon tha can help grow crops, and it's a deal," he muttered thoughtfully.
"Done," you answer promptly. "Just show me to the dwarf in question."

With a grunt of assent, Uristiel led the way back to the dwarven settlement, zooming along until he stopped above what looked like a foreman of the dwarven farmers. In less than a minute, you apply the boon, and lead Uristiel back to Minas Iroh. You quickly locate the most talented of the young mages, Lucien, and explain the boon to him. His eyes light up, and he nods eagerly. With a slight glow of Creation magic, Uristiel gives him the boon and then departs, muttering something about checking on the fortress construction.

"Try using it in conjuction with the Life Magic Eldrick taught you," you suggest to the boy. He nods with a confident grin, and sits crosslegged on the forest floor, brow furrowed in concentration. You watch curiously as he studies a nearby anthill, and reaches out a hand over an open stretch of ground, golden and green energies swirling together, seeming to build off one another synergistically. A minute later, the energy seemed to implode, vanishing inwardly - and leaving a form the size of a bloodmelon in it's wake, looking vaguelly like an ant with two heads and a scorpion's stinger. 

Lucien blinked, wide-eyed with fascination, and reached out a hand before you could caution him otherwise. The creature jumped back with an odd chirping sound, and fled into the forest. 
"You're a quick learner,"
you tell him, a little surprised despite yourself. "Just be careful, alright? That looked like it could harm a child..."
"Don't worry, I can heal myself," Lucien replied promptly, grinning. 
"I doubt Lara's taught you to heal poison yet," you murmur dryly. "So be careful," you reiterate.
"Okay," he agreed reluctantly, and sat down again to watch the anthill.

Checking up on Leto, you find him watching Eldrick finish the marketplace. "How's he doing?" you ask Eldrick privately. 
"Other than flaying us with a legion of questions, fine," Eldrick replied with a smile. 
"Good, good..." 
You project your voice to Leto, "Doing well I hope?" 
"Ah, Creator," he thought back. "Yes, the bark is plentiful and your people are friendly. When will I be given my first task?"
"Soon," you assure him. "Just focus on learning all you can, for now." 

Next, three hours we should probably talk to Serena to see  when she want us to send a trade caravan.
Sure.

Then we should probably test extent of Leto abilites by doing what Karnewarrior suggests. Except we should probably speak with the Troglodites to see if they are intelligent. 
Agreed, especially on the "See if trogs are sentient" bit.

You resolve to go see Serena while you still have time, but first it's time to check on those caged troglodites. Looking like a primitive hybrid of dwarves, humans, and orcs, they seem unintelligent, not responding when you speak to them through a Stem, other than pounding a fist into the ground. 

Musing about the situation, you suppose that you could just release them. The only problem is where. Edward would appreciate a few research subjects, but that could turn out fantastically or disasterously. Or you could attempt to alter them yourself. Interestingly enough, they do seem to have souls, albeit very weak ones. 

With a mental shrug, you travel to Aquitaine and are greeted by the sight of two presences rather than just one. 
"And who might this be," the second one murmured, male with a cultured elvish accent. 
"Oh," Serena replied demurely, "Aeofel, this is Donut - Minas Iroh's new God."
"This scruffy youngling replaced Quentas?" Aeofel scoffed. "Tell me then, what is your sphere?"
"Life, Fire, and Chaos," you reply, with but the slightest edge in your voice.
"I've already got Life covered in this region," he drawled. "Let's see, Fire - well, you can burn things I suppose, but that's about it. And as for Chaos...so much for you surviving your first hundred years, in this political climate."

"Aeofel's sphere is Lightning, Frost, and as you've probably guessed, Life," Serena supplied.
"I see," you reply. "In any case, I came to see if we could get some trade caravans on the road."
"Oh, the road isn't quite finished yet," Serena murmured. 
"A few more days and it should be done - my alchemists will probably flock in to buy fire-nector as soon as it's ready," Serena assured you with a melodious laugh.
"Glad to hear it - I'll be in touch, then." 

You make it back with an hour and a half left before the match. Is there anything else you wish to do before it starts?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 06:27:22 pm by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: January 30, 2013, 06:24:19 pm »

Let's set up a wargame!
Maybe scatter the troglodites through the forest for starters and have Leto catch them?

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: January 30, 2013, 06:41:22 pm »

-Deleted, wrong thread-
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: January 30, 2013, 06:45:29 pm »

This new god must not be too intelligent if he's so quick to insult a god he has little to no knowledge of whatsoever.

Hate to bring it up again but please try and open up trade with Maher.  We don't need to be best buddies with him but trade would increase our wealth and remove a potential enemy.  Also at least he was respectful to us unlike this other god.  We'll see how he feels about us later, give him a chance to be a helpful or at least a respectful neighbor and if not we could always "remove" him as we grow in power.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: January 30, 2013, 07:04:22 pm »

Just rest and fastforward to the match, no need to spend mana on something now
Then.  With morning we may start planning
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: January 30, 2013, 07:11:30 pm »

Let's set up a wargame!
Maybe scatter the troglodites through the forest for starters and have Leto catch them?
+1

This new god must not be too intelligent if he's so quick to insult a god he has little to no knowledge of whatsoever.
I suggest we show off some of our creations, such as our dragons and perhaps Leto. That'll show him...

Hate to bring it up again but please try and open up trade with Maher.  We don't need to be best buddies with him but trade would increase our wealth and remove a potential enemy.  Also at least he was respectful to us unlike this other god.  We'll see how he feels about us later, give him a chance to be a helpful or at least a respectful neighbor and if not we could always "remove" him as we grow in power.
Agreed. Just because we aren't the friendliest on personal terms doesn't mean we can't have our citizens trade. China and the US have some...differences, but they're big trade partners. Tune up the dissatisfaction and tune up the trade, and that could be us.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: January 30, 2013, 07:19:45 pm »

Let's set up a wargame!
+2
EDIT: Kill Luciens crime against nature.  The last thing we need is an infestation of watermelon sized two headed scorpion ants.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:22:33 pm by Origami_Psycho »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: January 30, 2013, 07:22:38 pm »

No showing off Leto. He's our spy. Therefore, he must remain secret to all but our allies.

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: January 30, 2013, 07:24:00 pm »

Let's set up a wargame!
+2
+3 Also Maybe some of the stems to just to mix it up.
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: January 30, 2013, 07:26:02 pm »

No showing off Leto. He's our spy. Therefore, he must remain secret to all but our allies.
Not even they may know of him.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 130