Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220637 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1740 on: January 29, 2013, 01:39:05 pm »

I think it would make sense to give the Justicar a deal; if he can escape Leto with a minute's headstart, and make it past Ceres, he's free to go back to the Order. If not, he's put under a sort of town arrest, and isn't allowed to use his boons. That'll do far more towards "corrupting" him than honeyed words and ultimatums.

I'm guessing a promise from someone obsessed with order should be trusted. Lying is probably considered pretty chaotic, especially to authority.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: January 29, 2013, 02:27:58 pm »

should we offer a trade with urist? we give him a life/healing boon to one of his clerics/priests for one creation boon so our young mages can learn?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:58:28 pm by Zavvnao »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 29, 2013, 02:44:23 pm »

I dont think Uristiel would care about how much mana it cost.

he is the god of DWARVES. as in, ALL dwarves (like Grumugga is goddess of all Orcs) the numbers of which are, most likely, in the millions. Even if he wasn't he'd sill be getting ten times what we get anyway from the fortress we know about, which at the moment is currently somewhere around 450 per day, so probably 4500 mana per day with an unknown number of dwarves in his afterlife (which must be huge now that i think about it).

And he was impressed by the tournament.

And he wants to join next time we have one.

we should also ask Krait and Uristiel about Serena as well as ask them to help craft a prize for the tournament.

PS: we've just made a very powerful ally.
Actually no he's earth,creation, and war.

Ten he'd still have about 4500-5000 mana per day at least (if you only take into account his warriors and no the non-combat male dwarves, plous te wives and children of them all, in which case it would most likely at least triple his mana income again......

he's still very powerful.
When did it say he was the god of all dwarves?

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 29, 2013, 03:50:23 pm »

he is the god of DWARVES. as in, ALL dwarves (like Grumugga is goddess of all Orcs) the numbers of which are, most likely, in the millions. Even if he wasn't he'd sill be getting ten times what we get anyway from the fortress we know about, which at the moment is currently somewhere around 450 per day, so probably 4500 mana per day with an unknown number of dwarves in his afterlife (which must be huge now that i think about it).

we should also ask Krait and Uristiel about Serena as well as ask them to help craft a prize for the tournament.

Ten he'd still have about 4500-5000 mana per day at least (if you only take into account his warriors and no the non-combat male dwarves, plous te wives and children of them all, in which case it would most likely at least triple his mana income again......

I don't believe it was ever said.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 29, 2013, 04:39:12 pm »

I think it would make sense to give the Justicar a deal; if he can escape Leto with a minute's headstart, and make it past Ceres, he's free to go back to the Order. If not, he's put under a sort of town arrest, and isn't allowed to use his boons. That'll do far more towards "corrupting" him than honeyed words and ultimatums.

I'm guessing a promise from someone obsessed with order should be trusted. Lying is probably considered pretty chaotic, especially to authority.

Lets do this after the tournament.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: January 29, 2013, 05:54:36 pm »

Next, three hours we should probably talk to Serena to see  when she want us to send a trade caravan.
Sure.

Then we should probably test extent of Leto abilites by doing what Karnewarrior suggests. Except we should probably speak with the Troglodites to see if they are intelligent.
Agreed, especially on the "See if trogs are sentient" bit.

Also maybe we should modify stems with the following attributes if there is enough time
-strong enough hive mind but weak enough for it not to form an intelligence, this is for faster communication and coordination among the ranks of the stems.
-very strong regeneration of lost body parts or tissue with contact with the sun or earth
-any loss tissue with sufficient biomass starts to turn into a fully working stem.
I like this idea...but would it be too expensive/limiting?

Oh, and I support suggesting the "Combined might artifact goes to the winner of the tournament" idea. Maybe we can organize similar competitions between us and Uristiel and between Uristiel and Krait, with similar artifacts being offered as prizes for those. Of course, the artifacts must be reclaimable by a similar competition.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: January 30, 2013, 01:02:34 am »

Finally read through this entire thing, very good read and love how this is going :D Any who as I read I've come up an idea, since we want to keep the deal in Maher's game for as long as possible, and because a semi-human form can be of use at times I suggest that some fire-nector be shaped into a roughly humanoid shape with the largest chunk of our manarack in the center and two place in the head for eyes, all throughout it lace vines from our rose bush, and imbue the vines and manarack with elements of Chaos, Fire, and Life. When this is all done we can move a part of our being into the creation and it can become our vessel or avatar in the world, an actual form for our people to see and a symbol to spur our people in battle.

Any who thats all I got besides saying we should definitely include Urist in our alliance, we'll need all the help we can get to go to war with those crazed Gods of Order and Maher.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: January 30, 2013, 04:04:28 am »

I don't believe it was ever said.

I miss read. and i think someone said he was before.

and i couldnt remember what disciplines he had apart from earth and war.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 30, 2013, 05:54:14 am »

Finally read through this entire thing, very good read and love how this is going :D Any who as I read I've come up an idea, since we want to keep the deal in Maher's game for as long as possible, and because a semi-human form can be of use at times I suggest that some fire-nector be shaped into a roughly humanoid shape with the largest chunk of our manarack in the center and two place in the head for eyes, all throughout it lace vines from our rose bush, and imbue the vines and manarack with elements of Chaos, Fire, and Life. When this is all done we can move a part of our being into the creation and it can become our vessel or avatar in the world, an actual form for our people to see and a symbol to spur our people in battle.

Any who thats all I got besides saying we should definitely include Urist in our alliance, we'll need all the help we can get to go to war with those crazed Gods of Order and Maher.
See the OOC, we already discussed avatars.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: January 30, 2013, 02:43:46 pm »

I was putting forth a suggestion to start work on it this turn, doesn't matter about the design but we do need to get to work on it soon to put it to use against Maher.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: January 30, 2013, 02:57:02 pm »

I'm still in favor of a outwardly human one. A understated one would be cooler, I feel.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: January 30, 2013, 03:04:43 pm »

I am in favor of not having anything material. Quite heavily. A non-material one deserve thinking, perhaps. Still, no one encountered so far had any form besides a "presence". I think there's a reason.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: January 30, 2013, 03:28:12 pm »

We could just have Laskus turn the Justicar into a werewolf.  Little bit of science to see how his current boons might effect that and if it would convert him into our follower.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: January 30, 2013, 04:30:03 pm »

I was putting forth a suggestion to start work on it this turn, doesn't matter about the design but we do need to get to work on it soon to put it to use against Maher.
How would that help?

We could just have Laskus turn the Justicar into a werewolf.  Little bit of science to see how his current boons might effect that and if it would convert him into our follower.
Ooh...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: January 30, 2013, 04:53:31 pm »

GWG it'll help because Maher see's this as a game against an enemy he wants to savor beating, a physical form we can possess will allow us to wreak havoc without breaking the 'rules' Maher put in place. We know he won't break his own rules, first because he would have done so by now if he would, but secondly because he savors the game to much, keep him playing, keep within the rules, and he cannot directly harm us or our followers with his powers which outnumber ours by far even in our current state.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 130