Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220661 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1725 on: January 29, 2013, 02:17:31 am »

Say
"Friends are needed in this times. Orcs, kobolds, madmen like Maher and other threats. And you are chaotic enough for my tastes. Creation is so close to the chaos. To create  something you need to change something. "

I propose to create an artifact, a weapon that the winner of the tournament will get ( I needed two winners of the victorious god will fight each other for the artifact, so we'll get 4 fights instead of 3)

I propose a burning(fire), sword (War, creation)  that can be changed in any other kind of weapon (chaos, creation, war) that would suit the owner. Furthermore the weapon can be used  create a minor earthquake (earth) or wind (Air) or turn sticks into snakes (Chaos, life, snakes). bonus if it will also become deadly for undeads, including  incorporeal ones

It doesn't need to be overly expensive, 50 mana from each god should be enough. It's just a prize for the winner of the fight

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 02:27:38 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: January 29, 2013, 02:24:33 am »

Yes to dwarfen ally, no to last min boon , no (for now) to the artifact since Uristiel does not have a chance to win it.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: January 29, 2013, 02:26:09 am »

He enjoyed the show , so may agree to help us to make a prize for the champion. It's not a huge investment
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: January 29, 2013, 04:04:37 am »

I dont think Uristiel would care about how much mana it cost.

he is the god of DWARVES. as in, ALL dwarves (like Grumugga is goddess of all Orcs) the numbers of which are, most likely, in the millions. Even if he wasn't he'd sill be getting ten times what we get anyway from the fortress we know about, which at the moment is currently somewhere around 450 per day, so probably 4500 mana per day with an unknown number of dwarves in his afterlife (which must be huge now that i think about it).

And he was impressed by the tournament.

And he wants to join next time we have one.

we should also ask Krait and Uristiel about Serena as well as ask them to help craft a prize for the tournament.

PS: we've just made a very powerful ally.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 04:31:50 am by kahn1234 »

lockman766

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: January 29, 2013, 05:12:57 am »

he is the god of DWARVES. as in, ALL dwarves (like Grumugga is goddess of all Orcs) the numbers of which are, most likely, in the millions. Even if he wasn't he'd sill be getting ten times what we get anyway from the fortress we know about, which at the moment is currently somewhere around 450 per day, so probably 4500 mana per day with an unknown number of dwarves in his afterlife (which must be huge now that i think about it).

we should also ask Krait and Uristiel about Serena as well as ask them to help craft a prize for the tournament.

Actually no he's earth,creation, and war.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: January 29, 2013, 05:19:46 am »

Actually no he's earth,creation, and war.

Ten he'd still have about 4500-5000 mana per day at least (if you only take into account his warriors and no the non-combat male dwarves, plous te wives and children of them all, in which case it would most likely at least triple his mana income again......

he's still very powerful.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: January 29, 2013, 06:28:27 am »

"We are all in this together, set upon by numerous, determined adversaries. Together perhaps we can reign in a lasting era of peace and prosperity for our peoples, and disrupt any of the same for our foes."

or anything that sounds nice to say. +1 for gauging things, but be careful in-case there is animosity between the gods we want.

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: January 29, 2013, 06:31:46 am »

Definitely create a strong alliance with him. I mean, an Earth God is already a versatile and useful ally to have, but a God of War and Creation, too? Those spheres apply to so much, and may end up really helping/assisting us on some fronts.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: January 29, 2013, 07:49:07 am »

we should give total disclosure about what he'll be facing, specifically the empire of tranquillity that will eventually come to try and... 'evict' Krait and ourselves from this plane of existence.

yes to a combined creation if we can think of something cool, (although the fortress already embodies this) no to a prize artefact for the winner. Uristiel isn't competing this time around so it would be a little exploitative.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: January 29, 2013, 08:04:17 am »

If we do tell Uristiel about the empire of tranquillity we should explain that they will turn to other gods after they'll destroy chaos gods. That order wants everything same and stale, that it dislikes diversity and will come to genocide of other races as they do with humans that differ only in magic abilities

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: January 29, 2013, 10:16:24 am »

Yeah, the more friends we have the more forces we can bring to bear against the EoT and Maher.
Just make sure he knows about those two little caveats.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: January 29, 2013, 12:48:33 pm »

Can gods transfer part of  their mana to other gods?

Anyway, invite him in, and tell him about the dangers of allying.
we should give total disclosure about what he'll be facing, specifically the empire of tranquillity that will eventually come to try and... 'evict' Krait and ourselves from this plane of existence.

yes to a combined creation if we can think of something cool, (although the fortress already embodies this) no to a prize artefact for the winner. Uristiel isn't competing this time around so it would be a little exploitative.

Basically all these +1.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: January 29, 2013, 01:00:45 pm »

Praise our champions, and accept Uristiel. God of war ftw.
DON'T FORCE LETO TO DO ANYTHING YET. WE DO NOT WANT HIM TO FEEL RESTRAINED. WAIT UNTIL HE BEGINS TO GET A LITTLE BORED.
Also, does no one else think speaking to the Troglodytes is a good idea? I'm curious as to how organised/intelligent they are.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: January 29, 2013, 01:06:07 pm »

Next, three hours we should probably talk to Serena to see  when she want us to send a trade caravan. Then we should probably test extent of Leto abilites by doing what Karnewarrior suggests. Except we should probably speak with the Troglodites to see if they are intelligent.

Also maybe we should modify stems with the following attributes if there is enough time
-strong enough hive mind but weak enough for it not to form an intelligence, this is for faster communication and coordination among the ranks of the stems.
-very strong regeneration of lost body parts or tissue with contact with the sun or earth
-any loss tissue with sufficient biomass starts to turn into a fully working stem.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: January 29, 2013, 01:14:22 pm »

speaking of restrained we should probably do something about the troglodytes and the Justicar we have in chains.

having prisoners makes me feel uneasy and hypocritical. having prisoners will bite us in the ass as a god advocating freedom.

Lets learn about Troglodytes, do they have souls? are they just naturally evil? is it morally okay to use chaos to try and change their very nature? maybe we can just let them loose in Mahers domain... or the Empires.

About the Justicar, I would really like to try and break through his shell. Sever his connection with his boon somehow, and have him walk around with a chaperone.

but... this can all wait untill after the celebrations. if anyone brings up the prisoners in the meantime we should just say its not an easy matter and we're pondering how to handle them.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 130