Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220741 times)

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1650 on: January 26, 2013, 08:12:34 pm »

Here is an idea what about we just give the species a name and his purpose in this world. Then, let him come up with a name.

(Just reposting this here encase Corruptor doesn't see it)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: January 26, 2013, 08:19:31 pm »

I suggest we call his race the Jaras and say something like: "We were hoping for a scout and assassin, but did not realize we would be making a new race. Please feel free to make yourself at home here, but first I'd like to invite you to a competition among my other greatest followers."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 26, 2013, 08:23:19 pm »

I suggest we call his race the Jaras and say something like: "We were hoping for a scout and assassin, but did not realize we would be making a new race. Please feel free to make yourself at home here, but first I'd like to invite you to a competition among my other greatest followers."
Don't tell the newly sentient being that it was an accident, please.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 26, 2013, 08:24:27 pm »

...Yeah, find some better way to put it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 26, 2013, 08:26:13 pm »

Yep... Not all truth should be told

And I am unsure that we need to bring it to the tournament... Who knows how will it behave?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:35:37 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 26, 2013, 08:33:46 pm »

Jaras is the species name then. Why not just tell him that his species purpose from the get go their is no point of lying to him. Just tell him he he is going to play a major role in future conflict by playing the role of a special-ops unit.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 26, 2013, 08:37:19 pm »

Jaras is the species name then. Why not just tell him that his species purpose from the get go their is no point of lying to him. Just tell him he he is going to play a major role in future conflict by playing the role of a special-ops unit.
We tried to create a tool. It's a bad idea to tell a sentient creature  you are my tool and I am going to use you for my goals
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: January 26, 2013, 08:40:21 pm »

And I am unsure that we need to bring it to the tournament... Who knows how will it behave?
Invite it to watch. Show it off to Krait.
...Figure out a gender pronoun to use.

We tried to create a tool. It's a bad idea to tell a sentient creature  you are my tool and I am going to use you for my goals
And it's not much better to say you were planning to.
Sig

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: January 26, 2013, 09:21:24 pm »

Him.

After all, Slenderman, Thin men, and Adam was the first created in abrahamaic mythology.

Actually, Adam wouldn't be a bad name. A hell of a lot better than "Jarate".
I don't know. Plenty of kids now adays know they're "accidents" and it doesn't hit them hard. I'm a accident, actually. Telling him we didn't expect him to be so wise wouldn't be the worst thing we could do to him. Telling him his race was/is intended to be tools for us probably is.

Still, that's later information. I don't know why we have to tell him everything right away. Right now we should examine him and make sure everything is functioning correctly.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: January 26, 2013, 09:29:36 pm »

Him.
After all, Slenderman, Thin men, and Adam was the first created in abrahamaic mythology.
Actually, Adam wouldn't be a bad name. A hell of a lot better than "Jarate".
A lot bit cliche, though...besides, weren't we letting him choose his own name?

I don't know. Plenty of kids now adays know they're "accidents" and it doesn't hit them hard. I'm a accident, actually. Telling him we didn't expect him to be so wise wouldn't be the worst thing we could do to him. Telling him his race was/is intended to be tools for us probably is.
I'm an accident, too, but I'd be a bit...put-off if I discovered that Mom and Dad were planning to make me an assassin until they realized I could talk.

Still, that's later information. I don't know why we have to tell him everything right away. Right now we should examine him and make sure everything is functioning correctly.
We need to respond to him somehow...
Sig

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: January 26, 2013, 09:33:51 pm »

We tell him whatever his race name we've picked out is, then tell him to choose his own personal name. Then we offer him a job in surveillance and assassination.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: January 26, 2013, 09:43:52 pm »

We tell him whatever his race name we've picked out is, then tell him to choose his own personal name. Then we offer him a job in surveillance and assassination.
^this sounds good to me
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: January 26, 2013, 09:45:22 pm »

^this sounds good to me

That is good.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: January 26, 2013, 11:37:11 pm »

((I keep refreshing this >< anticipation X3))

((also, 8 gods of order in eot? what happened to the 9th? some sort of talos-esque ban? or a miss-numbering?))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:51:25 am by Zavvnao »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: January 27, 2013, 04:05:40 am »

My only question is why we are naming him after a Youtuber.
Because Karnewarrior said no stupid names and I replied that my mind just said Tobuscus for reasons that I still don't know and then Bay12 did what Bay12 does best.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 130