Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220826 times)

kytuzian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Kytuzian - Youtube
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1590 on: January 25, 2013, 07:38:38 pm »

I think we should try the orc thing with the Empire, and see if we can get a NAP with Maher.

I prefer to dig underground than aboveground, since its easier to defend, so we could use those for spawning grounds for stems, as well as having them tunnel to Uristiel for a trade route.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 25, 2013, 07:41:58 pm »

I think we should take this in the OOC since there is no way we can do this in 30mins.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 25, 2013, 07:45:53 pm »

I think we should take this in the OOC since there is no way we can do this in 30mins.
Fair point.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 25, 2013, 11:00:10 pm »

Well, have him make a few more. Say, a baker's dozen total. That's good until we figure out what to do with it.

Also, I'd like to note that those Order Gods sounds terrifying. What are they even using the tax money for?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Make thirteen," you reply to the alchemist.
"If you have a particularly good idea in the meantime though, feel free to spend time on it - I just ask that the thirteen are produced in a reasonable amount of time."
"Right," he acknowledged with a nod, and leapt to the task.
You call in additional stem assistants, to lighten the workload.

Grant Eldrick a minor chaos boon, plant mutation one, added to his plant creation

Start digging Tunnel to the dwarves,  Ask for Uristiel participation to make this a joint project.... It should begin after our lines of defense

BTW, yes, check all that equipment left from Juticars, some may be quite interesting.

You touch your firemole's mind lightly with your will, and instruct it to begin tunneling towards the dwarven settlement.

Curious about the fallen justicar squad's equipment, you look within the village armor cache and find their gear clumped together in a pile - mostly intact, though more than a few are burned, bloodied, and/or pierced. Most interesting among them is an amulet, pulsing faintly with a sickening aura of Order - an enchantment perhaps, but by the feel of it, only strong enough to envelop a single body. A tiny chunk of manarack is visible within the gem setting of the item.

As for the prisoner, the lone captured justicar is simply staring off into space, apparently not even bored. Perhaps justicars are used to such things.

Pleased with Edward's progress with his Chaos boon thus far, you decide to give a minor version of it to Eldrick. After explaining it to the man - who is currently working on a enormous mushroom structure, a marketplace apparently - he readily accepts, though he does seem a little uneasy about wielding the powerful yet capricious element. You tell him to experiment using it, and then to try using both boons in concert.
(Minor Chaos Boon: -2 Mana/Day)

After that, from the look of it you still have a bit more than an hour to burn - so you decide to try creating something new. Krait has his airborne scouts, Maher has void-knows-what espionage forces, and for all you know one of the Gods of the Empire of Tranquility might be keeping tabs on you personally. Time to level the playing field with some spies of your own.

Spec op unit

Dratf 3:
a) One that can be processed  into a very flammable oil,

Gathering up all three of your attributes, you prepare to craft an ideal scout - but one with uses during peacetime as well.

Fire is first, for the core of the creature - followed swiftly by Life, that begins to clothe the creature in sinuous, chitinous flesh. Lastly comes
Chaos, whereupon you start truly pouring in the mana.

Fifty minutes later of carefully sculpting the various energies into what you had in mind, your new lifeform stands before you, intelligent red eyes looking out from a face of pale chitin. Standing seven feet tall, the brunt of its form is covered in black chitin, with strange writhing tendrils undulating from its back and sides. From a distance, you supposed, it would appear vaguelly like a tall, thin man. That is, if it wasn't for the fact that light seemed to pass through it most of the time, rather than bouncing off of it.

The creature seemed to be vibrating randomly, the light particles sluicing through it except on the odd interval where all the flesh suddenly reflected light again, causing the creature to flash briefly before someone's eyes before disappearing again. You wonder briefly what it eats, before the question answers itself by the creature disappearing, reappearing instantly next to a tree. It's forearms and elbows promptly extruded long, chitinous blades, which sliced into the tree and carved off a long section of bark, which it promptly devoured.

The bark, you presume from how you were attempting to create it, is burned inside for the creature to fuel it, and flammable oil is produced as a byproduct, accumulating in a gland which can be vomited up by the creature.

Speaking of glands, one in the creature's throat produces fungus spores - exactly as you had intended, giving it the ability to vent a cloud of the deadly particles.

(1d20 : 20! + FireSkill(4) + LifeSkill(4) + ChaosSkill(4) = 34, all skills have increased!)
-250 Mana

To your great surprise, it then did what none of your other creations had done before - it spoke. Rather, not with its mouth but with some form of telepathy.

"Who am I?" it wondered to you.

Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 25, 2013, 11:26:48 pm »

He is Slightman, first of the Slender Intelligence Agency, or SIA.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 25, 2013, 11:27:31 pm »

Wait.

Scary, arm-bladed creature which eats bark...

We made a Hork-Bajir.

I have no idea what to do.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 25, 2013, 11:28:44 pm »

His name shall be Charles.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 25, 2013, 11:29:51 pm »

Come on guys, slight-man? Charles? The Tall Man shall build a Pyre for you.
(seriously? You managed to remind me of demonhood and Slenderman at the same time? Right before I go to bed?)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:32:44 pm by racnor »
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 25, 2013, 11:31:47 pm »

His name shall be Charles.
No. He's peaceful, bladed, and barkovorous. Jara. Hamee.
Sig

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 25, 2013, 11:34:22 pm »

He is Krlnkir Yrlvnt(mortal mouths not meant to enunciate such a name), first of the Tallmen(fire fire build a pyre), and we'd quite like him to come over and join the festivities at the tournament. We can discuss his bride and any eventual sexual organs later.
We should also see if he is a fully independent being or not, because a creature immediately asking 'lolwut who and what am I?' is unprecedented.
If he's independent, lets convince him to at least follow our orders.(and say his name)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 11:37:33 pm by Koliup »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 25, 2013, 11:37:33 pm »

Nay, name him Jara Hamee. Other than that, I would rather talk with him to teach him what we can and learn the limits of his mental powers, but I agree with Koliup otherwise.
Sig

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: January 25, 2013, 11:38:44 pm »

Nay, name him Jara Hamee. Other than that, I would rather talk with him to teach him what we can and learn the limits of his mental powers, but I agree with Koliup otherwise.
Jara Yrlvnt. Racial name Tallmen.
That's my final offer!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 25, 2013, 11:41:41 pm »

"Who am I?"
"You are Jara. My son.  Protector of the forces of life, change and freedom"
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: January 25, 2013, 11:46:32 pm »

"Who am I?"
"You are Jara. My son.  Protector of the forces of life, change and freedom"
+1
Thanks.
Sig

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: January 26, 2013, 12:04:31 am »

Tallmen is good. I don't care what his personal name is, tbh. I vote we let him pick. I'd let us see a lot about him, including independance.

Also we just invented Slendermen. After he picks his name let's take him back to the festival, but have him try to hide. We'll see how good he is at stealth there.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 130