Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220814 times)

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1575 on: January 25, 2013, 12:37:48 pm »

Well, that I'd say we get Edward to make around 20 or so of the mines.
Also, we should also try and encourage the corrupted forest to spread.
Also, also, Sporejackets!!!!! (The earlier we make them, the more we have when we need them. Please don't eat me for suggesting them.)
Omnomnomnomnom.
But seriously, +1 to all but the spore jackets.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: January 25, 2013, 04:27:20 pm »

*military voice* Commander Kaian is supporting a preventive attack on incoming forces of EoT. Previous experiences shows that such a manoeuver, using for example a secret super-weapon on an advanced ennemy base, when the ennemy is already preparing to attack, is a good idea. Pearl Harbor is a bad example because the US weren't intending to wage war against japan prior to this raid. A better example would be Operation Demonhood (aka titanghoul paradrop).
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: January 25, 2013, 04:32:10 pm »

Let's try and negotiate a non aggression pact and trade with maher.  One less enemy to deal with, we'd get money and possible converts and with time we might even find him to be a good potential ally against the order empire.  Besides he might be crazy but as I've said before, he seems to keep his word and he has a professional relationship with krait who is our ally.  If we become friendly with him, the only local enemy we would have to deal with would be orcs.
+1
+1

*military voice* Commander Kaian is supporting a preventive attack on incoming forces of EoT. Previous experiences shows that such a manoeuver, using for example a secret super-weapon on an advanced ennemy base, when the ennemy is already preparing to attack, is a good idea. Pearl Harbor is a bad example because the US weren't intending to wage war against japan prior to this raid. A better example would be Operation Demonhood (aka titanghoul paradrop).
I'd prefer to wait until we actually had a weapon that would defeat the Empire. It doesn't have to kill/convert everyone, it just has to convince them that this new god and his allies can deal FAR more damage than it's worth killing them for. Which probably means we need to convince them that we could destroy their entire empire before they could kill us.
It's a delicate, dangerous game to play--if we're not quite strong enough with the initial offensive, they decide to wipe us out NOW because they don't see us as strong enough to surrender to but do see us as enough of a threat to defeat ASAP; if we spend too much power on it, we may be attacked while weakened.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: January 25, 2013, 04:39:43 pm »

A nuke can do the same thing if you want to build one plus I think Urist will treat those useless rocks that make his dwarves vomit he will probably give them away for free.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: January 25, 2013, 04:44:31 pm »

As for Maher, he's doing this now because fighting us is fun. If he gets tired of us, we're just in his way, like Quentas was. We can't win, and we obviously can't lose. We have to be fun.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: January 25, 2013, 05:09:35 pm »

As for Maher, he's doing this now because fighting us is fun. If he gets tired of us, we're just in his way, like Quentas was. We can't win, and we obviously can't lose. We have to be fun.
I say it's time for a small preemptive strike on Maher port, little bit of scouting, little bit of havoc raising.  And the spreading of spores/the werewolf virus.
EDIT: Also, make sure we figure out just what it's a port for.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 05:11:54 pm by Origami_Psycho »
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: January 25, 2013, 05:14:18 pm »

I'd prefer to wait until we actually had a weapon that would defeat the Empire. It doesn't have to kill/convert everyone, it just has to convince them that this new god and his allies can deal FAR more damage than it's worth killing them for. Which probably means we need to convince them that we could destroy their entire empire before they could kill us.
It's a delicate, dangerous game to play--if we're not quite strong enough with the initial offensive, they decide to wipe us out NOW because they don't see us as strong enough to surrender to but do see us as enough of a threat to defeat ASAP; if we spend too much power on it, we may be attacked while weakened.
They are preparing an attack. We know it, even if we don't take in account the last update and metagaming. What was suggested is a preventive strike on the incoming force. Like, we look out for the bunch of guys coming for our head, and when they least expect it, we drop on their heads and slaughter them. We take the initiative. we ambush them. I was not proposing a suicide dive on one of their cities, for void's sake...
It could be like, we hide the castle in a storm cloud (thanks Krait for that), we got above the force and then Chaos ensue.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: January 25, 2013, 05:29:40 pm »

Yeah, if we make a serious attack, they make a serious defense. we have to beat these guys back without revealing that we can do so. Maybe lead them through an orc camp? Those things are like roaches.
Then we use the aforementioned storm-cloud castle, and arm it with catapults, if possible. When you fight someone with an earth patron, and get crushed by boulders, what will you think?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: January 25, 2013, 06:48:25 pm »

They are preparing an attack. We know it, even if we don't take in account the last update and metagaming. What was suggested is a preventive strike on the incoming force. Like, we look out for the bunch of guys coming for our head, and when they least expect it, we drop on their heads and slaughter them. We take the initiative. we ambush them. I was not proposing a suicide dive on one of their cities, for void's sake...
It could be like, we hide the castle in a storm cloud (thanks Krait for that), we got above the force and then Chaos ensue.
I would like to point out that they don't seem to be minding us too much. If we made ourselves a big threat, we'd be a big target. We need to be either a big enough threat to scare them, or a small enough threat to not be worth spending much effort on.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: January 25, 2013, 06:50:42 pm »

Operation Demonhood... One of my ideas that I most fond of... But situation is different, there we had almost equal forces, we just used ours better... Here we  are way-way behind and any serious attack will bring serious retaliation

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: January 25, 2013, 06:54:44 pm »

The idea behind my plan was to make them think they'd been attacked by Grumugga, not us. Really, we could just trick them into a succession of orc forces. Maybe we could have Laksus insult some chieftains on behalf of the enemy force.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: January 25, 2013, 07:09:41 pm »

The idea behind my plan was to make them think they'd been attacked by Grumugga, not us. Really, we could just trick them into a succession of orc forces. Maybe we could have Laksus insult some chieftains on behalf of the enemy force.
Or we see if we can borrow a platoon of Justicars from Agganemon

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: January 25, 2013, 07:26:13 pm »

Sounds like it could work.

Sounds like it couldn't.
Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: January 25, 2013, 07:28:47 pm »

Sounds like it couldn't.
Why not?  All we really need is to borrow the design of some of those wachamacallsits from him, and them we don't even need to kill them, just have them pretend to be Justicars, and attack Grumaga.  Boom, instant screening war.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: January 25, 2013, 07:29:41 pm »

I am in favor of grumugga-poking to take care of our Maher problem. And also working out a NAP with Maher. Either or.

Also more werewolves. I want orcwolves.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 130