Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220760 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1545 on: January 24, 2013, 03:46:53 pm »

We should make angels soon, not just to defend the afterlife but for maintenance as well.  I don't want us to constantly have to go in and fix those cracks ourselves.

I also don't want to make that lady in the afterlife an angel.  Angels should not be made from our souls, they should be a separate entity.  If the lady wants power that badly she can eat the fruit.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: January 24, 2013, 06:19:49 pm »

I should have had that idea earlier, but maybe it's not too late and krait will let us to do the last boost

Grant Azula chaos passive boon (one that don't require active skill). It's a shield that turns harmful elements launched at Azula, to another element , probably unharmful
I like this idea.
But I doubt Krait will. And he'll notice if we push any extra powe
Why don't we ask? (Or put this aside for after the feast.)

We should make angels soon, not just to defend the afterlife but for maintenance as well.  I don't want us to constantly have to go in and fix those cracks ourselves.

I also don't want to make that lady in the afterlife an angel.  Angels should not be made from our souls, they should be a separate entity.  If the lady wants power that badly she can eat the fruit.
Sensible ideas.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: January 24, 2013, 07:00:29 pm »

Our angels should be the old biblical kind, the ones with six-eight wings, flaming swords, three heads, the lot. Some are like giant spinning discs with eyes, some are warps in the fabric of space-time. Biblical names too.

Be not afraid.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: January 24, 2013, 09:10:11 pm »

Our angels should be the old biblical kind, the ones with six-eight wings, flaming swords, three heads, the lot. Some are like giant spinning discs with eyes, some are warps in the fabric of space-time. Biblical names too.

Be not afraid.
+1
Ye of little faith, fear mine wrath?
Is that how that bit goes?  I'm not certain.

EDIT: Name their leader Michael.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: January 24, 2013, 09:24:51 pm »

Nah, name the leader Jeffrey, for Donut cares not about your whimsical tries to make his angels seem non-random.

Random Name generator: http://www.kleimo.com/random/name.cfm

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: January 24, 2013, 09:41:27 pm »

Nah, name the leader Jeffrey, for Donut cares not about your whimsical tries to make his angels seem non-random.

First name it gave me was totally Michael.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: January 24, 2013, 09:54:59 pm »

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: January 24, 2013, 10:39:25 pm »

If she ever finds out she will be majorly creeped out.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: January 24, 2013, 10:55:43 pm »

able to repair the cracks themselves.

And I favour

Laksus vs Erasmus
Tiberius vs battlemage
Azula vs high priestess

Or maybe the dice should decide... But yeah, tiberius instead of eldrick and no death battle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Tiberius versus your battlemage," you reply after a moment's consideration. "Azula versus Narcissus, and Laksus versus Erasmus."
"Great minds think alike," Krait agreed.
"Fights end when one party surrenders - we'll intervene if we think a death blow is about to land, in which case the other combatant wins."
"Very well," you reply.

You gather your three champions together, and inform them of their opponents. "Now, this is a friendly match - I don't want any of you to go into this with the intent to kill."
All three of them nod, but you clarify, "Laksus?"
Laksus sighed. "No killing, as you wish," he replied grudgingly.
"Good," you murmur. "If you lose, think nothing of it - so long as you did your best. Krait is an older God, after all."

A horn blared from the direction of the arena, and Tiberius stretched, thorn-vines coiling and uncoiling. "Well, looks like I'm up first," he rumbled, and strode forward.

---Meanwhile---

All was still, in the city of Tranquility Prime. Not a speck of dust littered the streets, no merchants hocked their wares - as the middle class had been taxed into the underclass long ago - and not even the wind was allowed to rustle through the empty streets. 

Far above the monalithic great shrine of Order, whose central spire stretched towards the heavens, the eight Gods of the Empire of Tranquility met in discussion.

"Umbridge," one of them inquired, disapproval dripping from every syllable.
"Explain yourself. You promised us you could lead the legions to finally crush Agamemnon, within a month - or so you claimed."
"It was your duty to gather intelligence," Umbridge snapped back, "You assured me his armies were depleted to a mere one-hundred thousand, and then three-hundred thousand scions ambush my forces from all sides," she hissed.
"Both of you, Umbridge, Arnos, be silent," a deeper voice rumbled. "Since both of you have failed in your duties, we will have to use the forces of our...ally, as we did against Sithis." His tone grew colder. "Regardless, Agamemnon is not the topic of this meeting. If you wish to continue that line of discussion, submit a formal request like the rest of us do." 
Umbridge and Arnos both muttered hasty apologies and fell silent.

"The topic of this meeting is the new God of Chaos. And as we all know, Chaos must be exterminated before it can spread and put out roots."
"Reports indicate that he has already come into conflict with Maher," Arnos said diffidently. 
"Then your reports, like your estimates of Agamemnon's forces, are wrong," the deeper voice said flatly. "If he fought Maher, he would be fading already, his worshipper base slaughtered. So...I think Umbridge should handle this situation."
"My skills are wasted fighting a God not even a year old," Umbridge protested.
"Give me another chance against Agamemnon, and I'll..."
"I have made my decision," the voice rumbled. "Do this, and you will be redeemed in the eyes of this council. If not - well, you know the regulations against failure."
"I'll need time to gather my forces," Umbridge snapped. 
"Just do not tarry overlong," Arnos warned. "I've heard reports of a flying weapon of sorts under construction, the size of a cast-"
"Now you're just making things up," Umbridge scoffed. "I call for a vote to replace our chief of intelligence gathering."
"Not the topic of this meeting," the deeper voice reiterated warningly. "Submit a nice, formal request and we can vote on it in a few months if it is approved."

---Meanwhile, At Maher's Council---

"My Lord," the Lich said, "It is nearly finished."
"Gooood..." the cloaked figure chuckled from the shadows. 
"How goes the plotting?" he inquired.
"My clan came up with six plans for world domination this week," an Elder Vampire said tiredly. "Can we stop now? We do have over a thousand, by this point."
"No," the cloaked figure replied vehemently. "We can never have enough plots."
The Elder Vampire sighed. "As you wish, Lord."

---Meanwhile, at the Festival...---

Tiberius stood atop the fine sand of the arena, facing his opponent. The battlemage wore full plate armor, forged from the purest adamantium, and wielded a longsword in his left hand. Intelligent green eyes shone from beneath an unkempt mane of dirty-blonde hair, and a long scar curved from his right cheekbone to his shoulder.

"Tiberius," Uristiel shouted, who had agreed to officiate. "Are ye ready?"
"Ready," the Golem rumbled confidently.
"Sindri, are ye ready?" 
"Ready," Sindri replied with a slight smile.

"Begin!" Uristiel roared, and Sindri immediately raised a hand, Chaos energy flowing into the palm of his hand before lancing abruptly towards Tiberius's feet. The energy sunk into the sand, and in the blink of an eye the ground became a writhing pit of vipers.

Tiberius fell, with a grunt of surprise, and vanished from view under the coiling masses of fangs and scales. Sindri grinned, before an explosion of fire erupted from within the pit, the blackened corpses of vipers landing everywhere, many in the crowd. Tiberius himself leapt out a split second later, and a hundred thorn-vines burst from his left hand towards Sindri.

The battlemage's eyes widened, and he leapt to the side, his longsword flashing out to slash at the onrushing vines. Tiberius followed the vines with a torrent of fire, and Sindri crossed his arms in front of his chest in a sudden warding gesture. The fire glanced off him as it came within a few inches, but Sindri grimaced from the heat nonetheless. He leapt backwards, a cloud of frost coming from his right hand to cool himself, and then snapped forward to unleash a lance of fire at Tiberius. 

The golem strode through the flames without pause or damage, and Sindri narrowed his eyes. He charged, his longsword slashing towards the golem's armor, barely making a scratch on it as he struck and then nimbly hopped away from a heavy kick. 

"Impressive," Sindri murmured, and clapped his hands together, closing his eyes for a moment in concentration before slamming his hands to the ground. 

The entire floor of the arena shuddered as a monumental surge of Chaos energy ripped through it, before spiraling upward and inward, materializing into a gigantic hydra in the space of three seconds. The monsterous serpent reared all three of its heads at Tiberius as the Golem fell into the empty space where the floor had been, and roared deafeningly. 

The crowd fell deathly silent as all three heads snapped towards the fallen golem, and then Tiberius abruptly flew out of their path, leaping up to hover in the air above the beast. A gout of fire lanced out to engulf one head, while thorn-vines rushed forward to strangle the second head. The third head darted forward, and met an iron leg as it kicked the serpent between the eyes.

With a slow groaning hiss, the hydra slowly toppled over. Sindri's eyes widened as he realized he was right in the path of the beast's plummet, and raised both arms in another frantic warding gesture as the entire bulk of it fell on him.

His shield held for a moment, then shattered under the strain and the slain serpent collapsed on top of it's creator with a deafening thud. 

"S'alright," Uristiel rumbled, as the crowd gasped. "Jus unconscious," he said, a tremor of earth knocking the hydra off of the man. "Tiberius, the first winner of tha day!" he bellowed, and the Minas Iroh villagers roared their approval, while the Minas Nurgle crowd merely clapped politely.
"And here I had thought putting a flight boon on a golem was idiotic," Krait said, his voice amused.

There was a two hour intermission between each fight, so you took the opportunity to keep up on matters around the village. The progress on the fortress was, in a word, astounding - the entire circular base was finished, and the dwarven workers were assembling the materials to start building the structures on top of it, as well as the satellite towers. Meanwhile, the firejackets have been taking advantage of the festival bonfires and the Tree of Fire both - their numbers have increased by 367.

Checking up on Edward, you find the alchemist hastily pouring water on a fire in the laboratory, as his Stem assistants came in with more buckets.
"Is everything alright?" you inquire in concern.
Edward grinned. "More than alright - let me just put this out and I'll show you."
With a few more splashes of water, the inferno was extinguished.

He clapped his hands, and two stems promptly carried in a clay spherical object, about twice the size of a man's head.
"Observe," Edward said with a flourish. "Hollow, with saltwater in the upper cavity and fire-nector in the lower one - but it hasn't exploded yet."
"Apparently," you murmur dryly.
"That's because there's a twisted mass of thorn-vines in the way," he explained. "Now, say that a death field come into contact with it...the vines wither, the components mix, boom. Or an order field, the rather tangled mass should retract into perfectly boring symmetry, the components flow together, and again, boom."
"So this weapon will detonate only for our enemies," you muse thoughtfully. 
"Shall I make more?" he asked. 

It does seem to use a great deal of fire-nector, as well as clippings of thorn-vines from the wall - but it is undoubtedly tactically useful. How much of Edward's time should he devote to making more of these...fire mines? Any time making them is time away from working on new discoveries, another consideration.

There is an hour and a half left of intermission before the next battle.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: January 24, 2013, 11:01:26 pm »

Well, have him make a few more. Say, a baker's dozen total. That's good until we figure out what to do with it.

Also, I'd like to note that those Order Gods sounds terrifying. What are they even using the tax money for?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: January 24, 2013, 11:08:22 pm »

Use that hour and half and, let's say, 100 mana to expand the rose bush greatly, it got one more nice use. And  Edward should spend, hmm, 1\5th of his time making this mines... and make dozen of them. No need to undermine our supply of fire nector
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: January 24, 2013, 11:14:17 pm »

I think it's funny that all the Order Gods are evil. Not just some, like with Chaos. But then, having a diverse set of personalities wouldn't be very orderly, now would it?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: January 24, 2013, 11:19:57 pm »

Make more, but not too many. If we have an engineer of sorts we should see if we can get him working on a launch system, like a ballista. Maybe Eddy could make bigger booms if someone doesn't have to be present to throw it. And there's our artillery!

As for the extra hour and a half, if we can squeeze it in we could go invite Serena. She seems amicable enough, and any issue should be discovered immediately if we tell her Krait and Uristiel are already there. Don't be late though; we'll have other chances to woo the maiden. If we can't reasonably make it to her city and back in time do something else.

I think it's funny that all the Order Gods are evil. Not just some, like with Chaos. But then, having a diverse set of personalities wouldn't be very orderly, now would it?
And one is named Umbridge.

If we don't send her off to play in ponyville I will be sorely dissapointed.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: January 24, 2013, 11:27:42 pm »

As for the extra hour and a half, if we can squeeze it in we could go invite Serena. She seems amicable enough, and any issue should be discovered immediately if we tell her Krait and Uristiel are already there. Don't be late though; we'll have other chances to woo the maiden. If we can't reasonably make it to her city and back in time do something else.
Sounds fine.

And one is named Umbridge.

If we don't send her off to play in ponyville I will be sorely dissapointed.
"I shall not tell lies."
Sig

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: January 24, 2013, 11:30:10 pm »

Order Gods remind me of these guys http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121128071019/memoryalpha/en/images/3/33/Quark,_Enterprise-D_viewscreen.jpg when it comes to bureaucracy.

Maher council seem stuck in endless limbo of scheming. 
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 130