Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 220925 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #1185 on: January 20, 2013, 04:28:07 pm »

Or we do both avatars. The old man for practicality, and the golem because, well:
a giant 12 armed golem that would make Lovecraft shit his pants.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: January 20, 2013, 04:32:10 pm »

Sphere wise(life, fire  and chaos)6 arms walking tree-man on fire.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: January 20, 2013, 04:34:50 pm »

I actually want a plant monster avatar now.  Hmm someone said flood before right?  How about a gravemind avatar?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: January 20, 2013, 04:35:41 pm »

I actually want a plant monster avatar now.  Hmm someone said flood before right?  How about a gravemind avatar?
I believe that would be good eventually. It could breathe spores.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: January 20, 2013, 04:38:48 pm »

FOCUS!
WE NEED TO PLAN FOR NOW, NOT THE FUTURE!
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: January 20, 2013, 04:40:48 pm »

Yes, I believe that has been said already. However, we really have nothing else to discuss for this upcoming turn. We're just passing time until Corrupter comes out of cryostasis.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: January 20, 2013, 04:41:19 pm »

I'm pretty sure we already have had our current actions planned many pages back so there isn't much to talk about besides the future.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: January 20, 2013, 04:41:44 pm »

OH. OKAY THEN.  I SUPPOSE I RETRACT MY PREVIOUS STATEMENTS.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: January 20, 2013, 04:43:33 pm »

That voice must really hurt the throat.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: January 20, 2013, 04:45:01 pm »

Yeah, I'm feeling a little hoarse now.  I really ought to stop that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: January 20, 2013, 04:45:37 pm »

Our avatar should look like a normal old man, maybe hunched over with a cane and long beard. Big bushy eyebrows, the whole deal. We don't need extra flamethrowers because we're a god and can just do the same thing without even needing to move an arm. And talking to a old smiling grandpa would be a hell of a lot less terrifying than trying to talk with a giant 12 armed golem that would make Lovecraft shit his pants.

It could also serve as a nice disguise, if the other gods don't have some means of sensing our soul walking in their territory. A old hermit wandering into town isn't a big deal, until he goes nuclear, and by then it's too late.

As for limiting mobility, presumably we wouldn't even need to go wholesale into him. Just a fraction of our consciousness could reasonably mimic a human, hell computers nowadays can seem to be sentient easy, and we're GOD.
Here's a good question.
WHY?
Seriously, what makes you think that a god would be unable to sense a god hiding in a mortal frame? And what could we gain through such deception?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: January 20, 2013, 04:52:56 pm »

Our avatar should look like a normal old man, maybe hunched over with a cane and long beard. Big bushy eyebrows, the whole deal. We don't need extra flamethrowers because we're a god and can just do the same thing without even needing to move an arm. And talking to a old smiling grandpa would be a hell of a lot less terrifying than trying to talk with a giant 12 armed golem that would make Lovecraft shit his pants.

It could also serve as a nice disguise, if the other gods don't have some means of sensing our soul walking in their territory. A old hermit wandering into town isn't a big deal, until he goes nuclear, and by then it's too late.

As for limiting mobility, presumably we wouldn't even need to go wholesale into him. Just a fraction of our consciousness could reasonably mimic a human, hell computers nowadays can seem to be sentient easy, and we're GOD.
Here's a good question.
WHY?
Seriously, what makes you think that a god would be unable to sense a god hiding in a mortal frame? And what could we gain through such deception?
Well it's fairly obvious that gods don't notice everything going on in their area at once. Like mortals, we can only "see" one area, though our followers can call out to us.

So if we had on that disguise, unless he was looking for us or happened to pass by too close we'd be fairly invisible. His followers wouldn't notice, I bet. the theoretical god we're scouting would have to happen to be passing by where we are, unless we're so huge as to have a great gravitational effect on whatever weave the mana comes from and they sense that. Which is a possibilty.

As for what we would gain, probably little. But we wouldn't gain anything from a gaint abominable robot body either. If we make an avatar, let's be subtle. Chaos and fire don't have to be raging all the time, and life is good at camoflauge.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: January 20, 2013, 04:56:05 pm »

Let me try....

Blood for the blood god! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

yep....hurts the throat.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: January 20, 2013, 04:57:05 pm »

CORRUPTOR, PICK A DECISION AND POST IT! THEY'LL NEVER STOP ARGUING!

(Oh my, that was larger than I thought it would be. But still.)
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: January 20, 2013, 04:58:04 pm »

CORRUPTOR, PICK A DECISION AND POST IT! THEY'LL NEVER STOP ARGUING!

(Oh my, that was larger than I thought it would be. But still.)
Yes we will!
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 130