Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221045 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #900 on: January 19, 2013, 04:21:40 pm »

+1 to insect transports. Maybe a hollow scarab of sorts? Also +1 to not adding any other new creatures than that. We have enough to keep track of already. Awesome suggestion game by the way.
silt striders?

Getting that technologically advanced almost seems like it would break the game to be honest.  I'm fine with some cool advanced technology such as my cannon suggestion, some explosives, golems and I even like the idea of something like drop pods in our castle or some in our flying plant ships but some of what you said seems like it might be going a little too far.  Just my opinion.

That said I do think we should use manarack to make some really cool stuff lets not get too exploiting with it.  On another note, if the stuff that the firejackets (or whatever they're called) make is explosive, maybe we could also find a way of refining it into a fuel of some sort.
I think a internal/external combustion engine would be awesome. Since we're only one town right now we don't need it to transport troops but just building trains to transport goods would be awesome.

Also after we get more than three merchants we should start a stock market. Right now we only got the one guy, who's good but that's not much of a stock market. Maybe if we manage to take Ceres.

WHICH I STILL THINK NEEDS EXPANDING UPON. I mean which of the huge 7 gods fighting over the city is going to care about a small cult of 10-20 folk? And we'd get free eyes in the city.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 19, 2013, 04:29:24 pm »

The scarab can be large enough to have its food growing inside of it.
As it will be mostly hollow it wont need as much food as the size could suggest (for the size I'd recommend to watch the Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion trailer. At some point there is a TEC shuttle landing to take troops. The size is about good I think.).

For "technologically advanced break the game", we have two options:
1) take all mana for ourselves and do everything ourselves.
2) Put manarack into machines. Receive excess mana. Have mortals/ artificial evolved intelligence do things for us.

For AI, my point of vue is that we'll be creating a whole new kind of life, on a totally different level from whatever has been done before. Hell, if one become sentient, and is put in charge of the flying fortress, it could be considered a demigod.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 19, 2013, 05:26:02 pm »

silt striders?
That's what I was going for.

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 19, 2013, 05:49:45 pm »

Just caught up again from page 30.
No AI stuff or tech. Also I agree lets not make so many creature, though solider transport/drop pods, and scouts need to be done sometime.

- Lets get that fortress done
- Prepare/Have the festival with Krait
- Ask that dwarf god to train some plant soldiers into mining foremen in exchanged for the planned goods.
- Start amassing a huge plant army (they live off photosynthesis anyways?).
   We can have our best boon fighters and stuff to lead them.

We can build more stuff once our mega-project is done. Also what happened to finding out about the previous gods afterlife? Lets bring them into ours and that'll give us a mana boost. Also next caravan send some to recruit people (we need to grow fast).

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 19, 2013, 06:08:09 pm »

No AI stuff or tech. Also I agree lets not make so many creature, though solider transport/drop pods, and scouts need to be done sometime.

- Ask that dwarf god to train some plant soldiers into mining foremen in exchanged for the planned goods.

We can build more stuff once our mega-project is done. Also what happened to finding out about the previous gods afterlife? Lets bring them into ours and that'll give us a mana boost. Also next caravan send some to recruit people (we need to grow fast).
+1 to all of that.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 19, 2013, 06:22:53 pm »

+1 to all of that.

Plus, some sort of scout maybe Albatross is good to recruit since they almost never land.

edit: we should also uproot some stems and plant about 20 saps.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:26:18 pm by jaass »

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 19, 2013, 06:32:01 pm »

I say we increase production of the stems and saps, as well as maybe spreading our corrupted woods.
And lets also start giving the saps and stems some armour in the form of those silk tunics, eh?
Perhaps we can make some giant trees scattered throughout the forest and then turn them in to barracks/hives/fortresses (albeit grounded ones).  Also, why not make something like a big jellyfish, but with the envelope filled with naturally made hydrogen instead of jelly.  And maybe make them spread spored.  Or act as fire jacket nests.
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 19, 2013, 06:33:40 pm »

Also, awesome thing you've got going here Corruptor
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 19, 2013, 06:36:08 pm »

We already have mushroom towers that are kind of similar to the tree towers you suggested.  I would like a way to get more spores though so maybe spreading the corrupted forest would be good or we could just make it so that our current fungus spawn can breath out the spores.  Also just thinking but the spores can infect more than just humanoids right?  What happens when other animals get infected by them?  Spore elephants?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 19, 2013, 06:41:31 pm »

Also, awesome thing you've got going here Corruptor
Thanks ^^

If we have nothing else to do, I suggest to ask priest about afterlife of the former God. We may attempt to find this place and then decide what to do with it

Another option is to go to Ravenloft and oversee Laksus efforts

As for Fire nectar I propose:
20% Healing\Eating\Stockpiling
40% Trade raw
20% Brew
20% fire bombs
And I've been thinking of finding the dead god's afterlife too. If only to check on its state, if it even still exist, and potentially to reunite families. I mean, our afterlife is kind of empty, but people should take well that their ancestors will be sharing their afterlife.

I'd be interested in this aswell, Not living gods afterlives, just specifically the god that ruled Minas Iroh before us.
is it even possible to find his afterlife? does an afterlife persist after the demise of a god? or is it broken down by the void? interesting stuff that I would love to find an answer to at some point.

although the feast preparations should probably take priority over this.

edit: on a related note, I'd also be interested in learning more about Agememnon, that elder god of chaos. I doubt we could and should do anything to save him. but still I'm intrigued about our predecessors.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A thought occurs to you, as you see villagers crowding around the Tree of Fire, eagerly talking to the souls in your afterlife. What happened to Minas Iroh's previous God's afterlife? If the God had truly...died, somehow, then the implications were somewhat frightening.

Inspiration hits you, and you move to the ruins of the old God's temple. Extending your senses, there's...a faint trace of life, earth, and light energy. Grasping on to it like a rope, you shift along the axis of the fifth dimension, much like a mortal would walk forwards or backwards to traverse the second dimension of movement.

You successful shift across the veil, just like when going to your own afterlife - and see a scene from a nightmare. A vast continent composed of lush mountains and forest lies within a howling abyss, chunks falling off from it more rapidly every moment, to be swallowed up by the hungry Void.

Looking more closely, you see souls scrambling towards the center of what remains of the landmass, terror warring with despair on every face.

Shepherding the souls towards what little safety remained were...you're not sure how to describe them. Like humans but with a touch of the divine in them, they stood head and shoulders above the height of the average man, lean muscles like the build of a martial artist standing out on every one of them. Their armor was composed of the densest earth, their swords a glowing spike of brilliant light.

And they were calmly facing the most wretched horde of creatures you've ever laid eyes upon, streaming up from the abyss by the millions. The voidspawn neither looked identical nor dissimilar to each other - that would imply a presence of chaos or order, and these creatures simply registered as an absence of all possible elements, congealed into mindless hunger.

As you watch, the voidspawn broke through the ranks of the left flank of the defending angels, breaking into a full sprint towards the succulunt souls now left exposed and vulnerable.

Abruptly, a lone angel flung himself into their path, and his flesh burst apart, unraveling into a eruption of pure Light that disintegrated every onrushing voidspawn within a mile.

The tallest of the angels bowed his head solemly, teeth clenched, and then began bellowing orders, assigning angels to cover the exposed left flank. You approach him, and he abruptly whirls about with his sword raised, before staring in disbelief. He lowered his sword and began slowly, quietly laughing. "F-finally...we've waited so long," he rasped. He gestured towards the huddled masses of souls, watching the battle with terrified eyes. "Please, please take them away from here."
"I will," you promise him solemly. "Tell me, what happened to the God who created this place?"
"There's no time," he cried urgently. He looked back at the souls, then with visible effort calmed himself and said, "He just disappeared - one day he just disappeared, and then the abyss came for us - it's been like this ever since."
"I see," you reply. "I am sorry."

You approach the souls, and they clutch on to you like a liferaft, being absorbed one by one. After the last soul is absorbed, you estimate there to be 137 of them.
"This is all of them?" you ask the angel commander. "We lost most of them in the first attack," he replied, his jaw clenching at the memory.

There came a wordless howl from below, and a fresh contingent of voidspawn charged the defenders. "Now go," the angel shouted to you, hefting his sword.
"Come with me," you shout back. "I can take you all to safety, my afterlife!"
The angel smiled sadly. "We are part of this place," he said quietly. "Without the God who created them, angels cannot be moved between dimensions."
"There has to be a way," you snarl in frustration. "You'll die, the voidspawn are endless!"
"Entropy is always inevitable," the angel replied with a small chuckle. "It can rend you asunder, tear you to pieces, but it can't force you to choose to stop fighting. Nothing can."
He gave you a crisp salute, then turned to command his remaining forces.

For a moment you simply watch impotently, wanting nothing more than to leap into the fray and teach these abominations the true meaning of Chaos - but then the remaining fragments of land began to break apart, and you frantically attempt to shift to your own afterlife as the remaining angels vanished in a final burst of light - then all was emptiness.

You arrive back in your afterlife with a sigh of relief, glorying in the substance all around you. Gently unloading the souls you had absorbed, all of them flocked out into the new land, many sobbing in relief. Looking upon your forests and tree of fire, you can't bear to imagine the same calamity happening here. With all the new souls, your quarter-mile afterlife is starting to look quite crowded - perhaps it's time to expand it.

Abruptly, in a frozen instant of horror you sense the tiniest crack in your afterlife, thinner than a hair but leading into the emptiness. Leaping upon it in a flash, you seal it with a burst of your will, spending a single Mana.

Returning to the physical world, pondering solemly of ways to defend your afterlife, you're interrupted by someone calling you.
"Hey boss," Laksus drawls. "You're going to want to see this."
You zoom your awareness to his location, and find him standing in Ravenholt, surrounded by the creatures.
"I think they like me," he drawled, pacing through the ruins as the pack follows him like a flock of ducklings.
"Hmm, good," you murmur. "I'll send Tiberius to you, and if you can influence the creatures to view him as an ally - or failing that, just not attack him - then we'll situate them within our forest."

If we create anything tomorrow, here's what we need to make. Miners. We need to make them because with what happened to the surveyor, I doubt Uristiel would remin our friend for long if his miners were the ones collecting it. Dwarves are greedy, after all. Plus, moles that auto-smelt the metal for us is better than people who can trip up, have to bring it to the surface to be smelted, and won't find everything. Plus, gas would kill them...there's a reason miners brought canaries.
I say +1 to fiery smelter moles of digging ore!

After you return to your village, you think upon the manarack deposits below it and come to the conclusion that while relations with Uristiel are going well, dwarves are known for their lust of precious minerals and this might even lead to eventual war if he found out before you had claimed most of the substance.

Therefore you'll have to take mining matters into your own hands. Seeing a nearby mole poke it's head briefly out of it's hole, you have an idea. Before it can disappear from view, you envelop it within a whirling field of Life and Chaos, twenty firejackets flying down to merge with it. As it grows, it's long digging claws lengthen to the size of claymores and begin to turn a brilliant shade of crimson with the heat of Fire. A minute later, the transformed mole had reached the size of a stallion, and with a flurry of it's claws dived into the earth and begun tunneling beneath Minas Iroh.
(1d20 : 5 + LifeSkill(4) + FireSkill(4) + ChaosSkill(4) = 17)
-150 Mana

It leaves quite large tunnels behind it, with more of the things you could attempt to carve out underground housing if you so desired.

As you watch it delve downwards towards the manarack deposits, morning comes and brings with it a rush of 324 Mana.

Abruptly, the smell of ale assaults you, and Uristiel's presence appears before you. "'morning!" the Dwarven God bellowed cheerfully. "I be ready to begin building yer fortress, where do ye want it and how do ye want it? Details laddie, details!"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:45:34 pm by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 19, 2013, 06:52:12 pm »

+1 to creating more space for growing our plant soldiers. Otherwise, let's wait on everything until we finish the fortress. We want as much mana as possible for that.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 19, 2013, 06:56:10 pm »

I say we increase production of the stems and saps, as well as maybe spreading our corrupted woods.
And lets also start giving the saps and stems some armour in the form of those silk tunics, eh?
Perhaps we can make some giant trees scattered throughout the forest and then turn them in to barracks/hives/fortresses (albeit grounded ones).  Also, why not make something like a big jellyfish, but with the envelope filled with naturally made hydrogen instead of jelly.  And maybe make them spread spored.  Or act as fire jacket nests.
I still support my previous stuff, but I think our fortress in the sky should take precedence.  Maybe we should add some golems of steel later.  And name it Laputa.

make it circular, with a very much strong and reinforced base, both to be able to hold it together with only it supporting it and so it can weather intense attack.  It should also feature many turrets and openings for attacking both land and air targets with, and be very, very large.  As large as he is willing to make that sucker.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 19, 2013, 07:01:27 pm »

We should totally make our own angels.  Fiery Chaos Angels capable of creating Life.  Those void monsters are a pretty cool idea by the way, nice job Corruptor.

Also yes I want our castle to be HUGE and really powerful.  Lots of fire cannons, seed drop pods, room to grow plant soldiers, the ability to pour down spores on anything below and a giant chaos cannon on top.  See if the other gods want to add anything to it as well.  Isn't it supposed to be a collective fortress for all of the gods we are allied with?  I mean obviously we would have main control over it but let's see if any other gods want to add things.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 19, 2013, 07:09:36 pm »

HOLY CARP THE VOID IS FRIGHTENING.
This is not Chaos, this is ENTROPY. People saying that both are the same aren't aware of the semi-cyclic, kind of spiraling movement of chaos. Undulating if you want. Entropy just rocket toward a blank state as fast as it can. Also it's irreversible. You can't do anything about it, 2nd thermodynamic law. And I hate it for that.

Anyway it was exactly what I was fearing, the voidspawn excepted. Glad we could save them. 137 seems short though. I fear many of them were lost. Interrogate them about their god, when did he died, that kind of things. If they have any clue of why or how, I'll be happy, but it's unlikely. He apparently just vanished and THIS IS FREAKING ME OUT. Local gods can't be responsible. Maher, albeit powerful, is not nearly enough so to make an established god just vanish. He wasnt a chaotic, so the empire shouldnt be responsible. All it's left is SOMETHING. Something I already fear.
DAMN YOU GM! Now I'll sleep even less...

For the castle: Uuuhh... See my image above for reference... Huge central tree? Good. Habitable, self-sustaining city around it? Good too. Layered castle in somewhat pyramidal fashion for protection? Perfect. Underside half-sphere for core magic thing making it fly and possibly room for a future superweapon? Deal!
Let's start with that and add details.
And let Krait participate in the design, as well as Uristiel. Tell him we intend to make it fly. Maybe not that we intend to make it able to level cities.

Poke around the city for feelings the gods here. Tell them you don't intend to get followers, just to set up trade and such.
Then, when we DO have the city, troops transports, armies of Stems and Saps, drop pods filled with nasty things and manarack-powered LAZ0RS of D00M, say hello to mister Maher. I'm pretty sure this baby would take whatever he could throw at it.
And if don't, it wouldnt have helped much against the Empire...
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 19, 2013, 07:13:07 pm »

We should totally make our own angels.  Fiery Chaos Angels capable of creating Life.  Those void monsters are a pretty cool idea by the way, nice job Corruptor.

Also yes I want our castle to be HUGE and really powerful.  Lots of fire cannons, seed drop pods, room to grow plant soldiers, the ability to pour down spores on anything below and a giant chaos cannon on top.  See if the other gods want to add anything to it as well.  Isn't it supposed to be a collective fortress for all of the gods we are allied with?  I mean obviously we would have main control over it but let's see if any other gods want to add things.
I thought we might use something along the lines of the Chaos Golems for angels. As for the fortress, it should be divided into different floating sections for different purposes. A sectionalized fortress could better represent the distinct gods controlling it (for now Kraith and Donut) and can be easily expanded upon as needed. And give it a ring of sattelite stations forming a defensive screen.
EDIT: Also Tiberius reminds me heavily of a Big Daddy.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:17:15 pm by Remuthra »
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 130