Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221101 times)

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #735 on: January 17, 2013, 05:23:14 pm »

We should perhaps introduce a queen for autonomy before doing introducing a sub-species that does recon.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: January 17, 2013, 05:35:34 pm »

Give the priest a Chaos boon.
He gets control over chaos, able to confuse enemies into attacking each other, corrupting the earth to be inhospitable to enemies, causing random weather occurences, ability to summon flaming cake monsters, and the ability to grant random minor boons of his own (though not as powerful as ours)
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: January 17, 2013, 05:37:02 pm »

For recon I've been thinking floating flowers that those with a Life boon can use to see out of. Like UAVs, but biological.

As for greenskin converts, it's unlikely to happen. Grummugga being the only god of orcs shows a enormous amount of sway over their thoughts and feelings. As for the goblins, if the don't follow Grum they have their own god or goddess.

If they do convert, tell them to kneel down, throw their weapons out of reach, and cross their arms across their chest. They'll hold that position until the battle is over. Then Tiberious and Laskus can round them up and we can figure out how to tell how honestly they converted.

As for the Justicars we captured, if we have time we should check in and see how they're doing. Ask them about their god, try to make it clear that we don't bear them any ill will, we simply defended our people. Perhaps put a minor enchantment to see if their god shows up so we can talk to him. After all, we don't want to be enemies, this was a misunderstanding. If he's worried about his control over magi, we'd be happy to take them off his hands.

Ravenholt should be saved as well. We need to check on the situation there, though. We have much to deal with right now and we need to judge how pressing each issue is. The siege can probably wait a bit. Uristiel told us supplies were running low, not out. We should have at least a day left before any problems arise on that front.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: January 17, 2013, 05:44:05 pm »

How can you extrapolate the goblins having their own singular god which all worship from the orcs having such a god? By that logic, humans must also worship only one god.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: January 17, 2013, 05:47:21 pm »

If Ravenloft is actually overrun by werewolves, we should send in Laskus to recruit them to our religion.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: January 17, 2013, 05:53:19 pm »

If Ravenloft is actually overrun by werewolves, we should send in Laskus to recruit them to our religion.

I'm not sure if there is a ravenloft left to save, we might just have to chalk this one up as a divine misshap.

if we can't fix it, Laksus should probably do the fixing up. Why did we even give him the abilty to multiply T.T.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: January 17, 2013, 05:54:00 pm »

Town of werewolves that worship us please me more than it should.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: January 17, 2013, 05:56:29 pm »

It is scientifically impossible to be more pleased than you should when you have a town of motherfucking werewolves worshiping you.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: January 17, 2013, 05:57:48 pm »

Still think we should make some recon-flyers..
Not yet, mkay? We have enough flyers for now. Wait until we have a chance to chat with Krait. Maybe after the feast, we can talk about him making some ampitheres which we then fiddle with.

Agreed.

Oh, and to clarify: I'm pro-kill-gobbos-if-needed, and pro-show-off-strength-to-goblins-to-convert-them, but anti-kill-gobbos-until-they-join. Fine distinction? Yes. Important? I think so.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: January 17, 2013, 06:01:31 pm »

1) We get mana, when someone converted. It's hard to fool that. Also, I am quite sure that we can see such things
2) Even orcs may convert, This goddess doesn't treat them that well
3) One can worship several gods
4) I see no reason why goblins should follow only one god

Village of werewolves is good, nomad werewolf worshipers spread over world - better

And yes, any fliers should include Krait aid, due to oblivious reasons... But I want to save mana for either epic battle or megaproject

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: January 17, 2013, 06:02:35 pm »

It is scientifically impossible to be more pleased than you should when you have a town of motherfucking werewolves worshiping you.
Ain't we chaos 'we do the impossible' god?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: January 17, 2013, 06:05:02 pm »

But I want to save mana for either epic battle or megaproject
Agreed, and we're off to a good start!
Sig

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: January 17, 2013, 06:11:07 pm »

Ain't we chaos 'we do the impossible' god?
Hmm, true. Speaking of chaos...
Give the priest a Chaos boon.
He gets control over chaos, able to confuse enemies into attacking each other, corrupting the earth to be inhospitable to enemies, causing random weather occurences, ability to summon flaming cake monsters, and the ability to grant random minor boons of his own (though not as powerful as ours)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: January 17, 2013, 06:13:19 pm »

Giving someone a chaos boon sounds good to me.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: January 17, 2013, 06:19:02 pm »

Why do you think that pries is suited for that boon? We quite decided to use him as a a missionary

I think that alchemist with chaos boon can produce some interesting things. We just need to care that he does his experiments in a safe place

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 130