Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221146 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #705 on: January 17, 2013, 02:27:08 pm »

First make you followers care about the newcomers and try to get information. Then take a quick look at Ravenhol... LAKSUS! SH*T, this might get out of hand... (werewolves everywhere...)

I agree to the one-time food boost to the dwarves, while saying you're trying to weaken the siege.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 17, 2013, 02:29:16 pm »

I say we should take a look at what's left of Ravenholt.

And maybe poke around Maherport.

+1

But if we plan to align ourselves, giving them more food than they need could be seen as a gesture of good faith. I say we go through with the original plan.
+1
Its also a good challenge for our life skill, see it as training, and an act of kindness.

are we really the kind of god that is okay with letting people(dwarves) starve so we can run a profit?

edit:
First make you followers care about the newcomers and try to get information. Then take a quick look at Ravenhol... LAKSUS! SH*T, this might get out of hand... (werewolves everywhere...)

I have an earie feeling that you are right... I wonder if it was our 'miracle' at work that turned ravenholt into monsters... could we reverse it?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:31:18 pm by Talvara »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: January 17, 2013, 02:38:16 pm »

"Only the choiciest females," he replied, baring his teeth in a smile. "So six."
Oh carp. Then again Maher may of got carry away or another god may of attack Maher by seeding his village.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: January 17, 2013, 02:43:26 pm »

Carp.

We should'ave known this would come back to bite us in the ass...assuming it was a werewolf infestation.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: January 17, 2013, 03:09:49 pm »

IMO food boost for dwarves is a waste of mana and yep, profits. Maybe one time free convoy is good, but creating rivals in food prodiction is wrong
I still think that direct attack is the best course of action to solve problems of the dwarves

As for training, let's train fire magic by raining fire :P
And since when we are acting like a lawfull good god?

Werewolfs are indeed problem, expected one right from the moment we created a werewolf, should warn Krait and start hunting werewolfs and trying to make them worship us, or else they will worship Maher

And we should interrogate prisoners, we have two unquestioned Justicars.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: January 17, 2013, 03:26:54 pm »

^ we should really start talking to the Justicars. Plus, maybe we should make some recon-flyers that are capable of turning invisible to go to investigate further.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: January 17, 2013, 03:30:07 pm »

No, no :) Save mana for a cinematic display of power to get new worshipers

I want us to be a proper chaos+fire god and convert some lesser beings by force. Make them worship us, then we will be kind to them...
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: January 17, 2013, 03:37:25 pm »

I agree we should interrogate the Justicars.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: January 17, 2013, 04:00:17 pm »

Where are we going to get Justicars? They're all gone.

Anyway, we don't like to see people dying. Even if they worship that horses ass Maher. Our version of chaos isn't really that chaotic anyway, closer to Innovation and change than the normal, evil type.

WE DO NOT CONVERT BY FORCE.

We should go help Ravenholt. It may help smooth things over with Maher, and even if it doesn't Ravenholt is a semi-independant entity. If Maher wishes to march to war with us again having part of his army remember how we helped save them and didn't even ask for conversion would sap morale faster than all the fire we could spew and all the horrors we could dream up.

As for these two, encourage them to stay in town. Make it clear that conversion would be appriciated but is not expected (even though it is expected). If Maher has a stake in the town he won't try to raze it again, no? And we could do something similar with some emmisaries from Krait and Urist McGod. And it means we have leverage to do the same with the other gods, like embassies of a sort.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: January 17, 2013, 04:05:04 pm »

The first commandment of donuts was as simple as it was confusing why he needed to put it as number one.

-Mark Dane, Historicist
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 17, 2013, 04:07:05 pm »

The first commandment of donuts was as simple as it was confusing why he needed to put it as number one.

-Mark Dane, Historicist
:( Nobody ever wants to go for a diplomatic victory.... :(
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 17, 2013, 04:09:09 pm »

Where are we going to get Justicars? They're all gone.

We captured two of them remember?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 04:15:34 pm by Vgray »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 17, 2013, 04:09:30 pm »

-Mark Dane, Historicist
True, hug?

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: January 17, 2013, 04:17:54 pm »

-Mark Dane, Historicist

I've said so before, but I would prefer it if we focus on the positive aspects of chaos for our god.

Freedom, change... those happy things

thusfar we have been, and I don't see a reason to change.
If those that put their fate in us are attacked or put in danger we can be as ruthless as we have to be.

we're not the cliché chaos fire god of death.
we're the cliché chaos fire god of life damnit!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: January 17, 2013, 04:26:42 pm »

IMO, orcs and goblins can't be converted by any other way but fear :)

Donut is a two-sided god, he can create life and be a very nice guy, but he can be very cruel to his enemies and worshipers of his enemies

Oh, and what diplomatic victory are you talking about? Does it include hiring a cold-blooded maniac and making him even stronger then he was to let him kill much more effectively? If you want to be a good god then GET RID OF THAT VAMPIRE or stop pretending

Was it diplomatic to butcher a shitload of orcs and turning  them into fungus zombies? No one proposed to convert them, nor by force nor by persuasion

Was it diplomatic to kill Justicars?

It's perfectly fine to use fear to force worshipers of wrong gods to think again for their own good (Else we'll  need to kill them..)
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 130