Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221148 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #690 on: January 17, 2013, 09:21:37 am »

Scapheap in your log it says Krait might be death still however added to the fact he can give people flying powers I'm pretty sure that means he has the power of air.
Thank, fixing.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 17, 2013, 09:58:40 am »

He's Air/Chaos/Snakes, it was written somewhere earlier.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 17, 2013, 10:10:23 am »

I think helping the dwarfs with some airforce is a good idea... Dragon + Firejackets can do the trick.
Also, we may try to use our mana directly, just to test how effective direct attacks with fire\chaos are.. Maybe we'll even force some surrendered goblins to worship new god of fire

I'd not send vampire, he is not that suited for a large battles, not that mobile and not fit's fire theme... (We should impress the dwarf god with fire, may even get some worshipers among his dwarfs)

Tiberius on other hand... If our dragon can carry him to the battlefield then he can participate

I think it's important to try to terrorize some goblins into worshiping us... Maher demonstrated that worship or die horribly is a good way to get followers
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 10:23:39 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 17, 2013, 10:27:23 am »

The thing is that Laksus can hit&run, destroying catapults and stealthily killing archers, assassinate leaders and whatnot. Main point is "not being caught". As strong as they are, Tiberius and Brunikaar would be arrow-in-the-knee'd instantly. Nightly firejacket raids (not all of them!), spreading confusion while Laksus strike its target (magos, catapults, leaders...) are fine though. Direct attack would be a waste.
A siege is long, so limit yourself to one snipe per night. Ask Uristiel for targets and coordinated actions.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 17, 2013, 10:35:15 am »

I think you overestimate goblin's army... We have a  dragon, tank, hundreds of bugs and may rain fire on them in person. That's quite a demoralizing, don't you think?

GM, how big the goblin army is? In hundreds ?

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 17, 2013, 10:40:21 am »

A flying metal golem that is really unpredictable and hilarious.

We need to something to backup Laksus since Tiberus can easily be backed up by Saps. Something like a plant-bug hybrid that are capable of infiltration, sabotage and long range support.

-camouflaging themselves to the surrounding.
-sniper rifle(1-2km range) style arm that is also capable of turning into close range weaponry.
-Some explosives that grow in a pod on the side of their legs to deal with fortification or sabotaging key defenses and weaponry.
-Maybe also have a hive mind that is used sort of like a radio but with individual intelligence still intact.
-minor regeneration and some carapace for defense.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:02:40 am by jaass »

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 17, 2013, 10:42:24 am »

submit or die, is really not something that would go with our 'vibe' when it comes to chaos we should mostly focus on its positive aspects, Freedom, change and diversity.

submit or die, kinda goes against the free spirit.

the only reason I'd say we should send Laksus is to make Laksus happy. Its not our war. and Uristiel hasn't even asked for our help. showing up with a relief force could be a social faux-pas for a god of war.

we shouldn't invite ourselves into Uristiels war I think, we need to keep ourselves ready for the empire.

Helping to feed his followers is more passive and respectful.

also we still haven't spread the news about the upcoming feast to our people. lets do this, and start preparing for it,

I'm also wondering... is it possible for mortals to have faith in multiple gods?

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 17, 2013, 10:44:38 am »

^ This plan we can just deliver some booze via dragon for them.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 17, 2013, 10:52:39 am »

Goblins don't respect that bullshit like freedom and diversity. They respect force. Am I the only one who thinks that goblin worshipers can improve our power a lot?

the only reason I'd say we should send Laksus is to make Laksus happy. Its not our war. and Uristiel hasn't even asked for our help. 
He said, that he basically losing the war...  He will appreciate any aid. And will respect us for that show of force.  We need damned allies

Why the hell we spent all the resources on dragon if don't use him at all? Should have done something economical....

I am 100% that striking hard is what we need to do. We have mana ( if attack will come at morning of the next day we'll have even more + goblin converts) and forces for that

Firejackets alone can do a huge mayhem, if supported by our fire from the sky. Add dragon and Tiberius for that, and we can tackle thousands
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:07:35 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 17, 2013, 11:00:44 am »

Goblins don't respect that bullshit like freedom and diversity. They respect force. Am I the only one who thinks that goblin worshipers can improve our power a lot?
Yes. They're stupid and worship Void-damned Grummuga. I dont like goblins, nor orcs. (not in this setting)

the only reason I'd say we should send Laksus is to make Laksus happy. Its not our war. and Uristiel hasn't even asked for our help. 
He said, that he basically losing the war...  He will appreciate an aid. And will respect us for that show of force.  We need damned allies
+1 there.

Why the hell we spent all the resources on dragon if don't use him at all? Should have done something economical....

I am 100% that striking surprise, hard strike is what we need to do. We have mana ( if attack will come at morning of the next day we'll have even more + goblin converts) and forces for that
We do not know as of now how strong the green force is. If they are 300-500, we can handle it. Night assault, all three fighters, divine support... Hell, by joining forces with Uristiel (discuss a plan) and sending saps, we can probably kick the collectives asses of 1500-2000 goblins with relative ease.

I'd suggest to contact Uristiel, offer to immediatly replenish their caverns in brewable stuff, and to try and break the siege.

To GM: If he agrees to a combined attack on goblins, let us discuss a plan before launching the turn, please.
Full Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 17, 2013, 11:13:14 am »

Why are you mixing goblins and orcs? That's a different species.

If they are 300-500, we can handle it.
IMO, We can handle 3000-5000 without serious problems alone. How will this goblins kill that rapidly expending cloud of firejackets? How will they handle fireballs from sky? Add dragon and chaos golem to the mix... Panic is guaranteed

The only thing worth to worry - their own divine support, we don't know if they have any. But then it's 2 gods against one

And no to adding brewable stuff, it's needed for a prolonged siege, but we need to open a trade route, not let dwarfs hold few more months
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:14:52 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 17, 2013, 02:07:56 pm »

Siege wise we shouldn't thrown much at it since it not our problem, maybe some firejackets and Laksus(to keep him happy) to harass the goblins.

log
something that we could do for our dwarven neighbour, is to use our life sphere to give the caverns a little boost. so that the dwarves can last a little longer.

sending Laksus, sounds good aswell. it will make him happy, help our dwarven neighbour and make the orcs more pissed at maher as an added bonus :D
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Morning comes, giving you 174 Mana (Total: 379).

You find Laksus leaning indolently against a tree, idly sharpening a kukri.
"I have a task for you," you tell him, and he straightens with interest. "When I visited the dwarves I found them sieged by a combined force of orcs and goblins, blocking all possibility of trade - this displeases me."
A slow smile curved Laksus's lips as he guessed his role in the matter.
"Go there and...be yourself," you instruct with a chuckle. "Steal supplies, burn arrow stockpiles, assassinate leaders, strike like a nightmare and then fade like a shadow."
Laksus bowed deeply. "I'll stain the dwarven lands red with the blood of your enemies, my Lord," he replied, his face alight with malicious glee.

"Just be sure not to harm any dwarves," you caution. "They've suffered long under siege, and have almost no supplies left - I plan to change that with a bit of Life magic, however. If you weaken the greenskin forces sufficiently, I may march in force to crush them entirely."
Laksus raised an eyebrow. "I very much recommend that you abstain from giving them free food income with your life magic - if as you said they are running periously low on supplies, then when trade opens back up you can make outragous profits by selling them food."
With that, he inclined his head and turned to leave.
"Oh, and Laksus? Do take some fungus spores with you. I imagine the greenskin foodstuff's could use a little spicing up, and we are running low on Fungus Spawn after all."
Laksus grinned, grabbed a sack of collected fungus spores, and morphed to beast form as he vanished into the forest.

You consider what he said about the dwarven food supplies - he might have a point - but on the other hand the dwarves might need supplies to last until the siege is broken - you could always send your dragon with some supplies, perhaps...there's certainly a lot of factors to weigh.

Your musing is interrupted by your corrupted forest sensing two unknown humans running through it, and you send Tiberius to intercept them. The Chaos Golem rose swiftly into the air and alighted on the ground in front of the humans, leaving a large indentation in the earth where he landed.
"You two - you're from Ravenholt, aren't you," Tiberius said, noting the skull emblems sewn into their clothing. "There is no Ravenholt anymore," the man replied, his voice trembling. "Monsters," the dazed looking woman next to him whispered. "All monsters."
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 17, 2013, 02:17:11 pm »

Laksus raised a good point, maybe only a one time boost to the cave fauna to last them.

Ask 'Maher or someone worse?'
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:26:47 pm by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 17, 2013, 02:19:42 pm »

But if we plan to align ourselves, giving them more food than they need could be seen as a gesture of good faith. I say we go through with the original plan.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 17, 2013, 02:22:09 pm »

I say we should take a look at what's left of Ravenholt.

And maybe poke around Maherport.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 130