Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221199 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #675 on: January 17, 2013, 12:25:28 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If we are going to make Theocracy we should probably make it clear that they shouldn't hold much political power outside their own branch perhaps we should also make a civilian branch so they can govern themselves but for now I think we should just set up a small religious branch.
Yes. I am in favor of Secularism. Though this world seems to have little of it, for obvious reasons. It seems most people look to gods as magical kings of sorts.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 17, 2013, 12:44:04 am »

Also, creating a avatar be kind of a waste we can already speak to a followers directly plus let our followers create their own image of us.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 17, 2013, 12:50:44 am »

I think we should let our followers shape us, yes. Also no physical form, that'll only make us weaker. Because a physical form can be harmed and destroyed, and can't move at thoughts' speed.
And tossing around the orcs may not be the best idea. We managed to escape Grumugga wrath so far (last clash was blamed on Maher, thanks to Laksus)...
For the Triad thing, I think a more modern approach (read: specialized clusters instead of huge single pyramid of power) would be both more fitting and more efficient.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 17, 2013, 01:06:16 am »

Rigid triad system doesn't suit chaos
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 17, 2013, 01:10:46 am »

I think we should let our followers shape us, yes. Also no physical form, that'll only make us weaker. Because a physical form can be harmed and destroyed, and can't move at thoughts' speed.
And tossing around the orcs may not be the best idea. We managed to escape Grumugga wrath so far (last clash was blamed on Maher, thanks to Laksus)...
For the Triad thing, I think a more modern approach (read: specialized clusters instead of huge single pyramid of power) would be both more fitting and more efficient.
Not like a flesh and blood body, or even a automaton. I was thinking more like a hologram, a trick of the light.

And Grumugga is pretty stupid. After all, she blamed Maher for disrupting the ritual. She'd probably blame the Dwarfgod for whatever we do here, and as they're already at war he's unlikely to care much, if at all. We may as well have a bit of fun, and combat is a grand way to raise comradery among humans, to say nothing of dwarves. It's quite possible he's a war god as well. Showing him we're not a pacifist would be benificial to some extent.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 17, 2013, 03:37:59 am »

geometry<fractal<euclidean<non-euclidean
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 17, 2013, 03:43:32 am »

There's also the "I did not ask for your help!" problem, because he doesnt seems to need any. Pride and so on. Ask before playing with his toys at the very least.

For the Krait's boon trade, I had an idea: his priestess is likely to have snakes around, probably nesting on her even. So, when she hold a snake, its venom get turned into healing potion, proportional in potency to the venom's.
It make the boon snake-related, plus it become a test of faith of some sort.

His boon should be combined with one of ours. Air with fire (blowing CO2 out and O2 in to strenghten it), or snakes with life (snakevines?)

geometry<fractal<euclidean<non-euclidean
I disagree on one point: euclidian==geometry. Eucliduan geometry is your everyday flat one. Also geometry on a non-flat surface (like a common sphere) is non euclidian. So euclidian<non euclidian<fractal.

EDIT: interesting bug there, I was ninja'd by... Myself. Funny.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:46:16 am by kaian-a-coel »
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 17, 2013, 06:06:18 am »

I suggest Brunikaar ("savage servant") for our dragon's name. or "brun"/"bruni", for short.

To the Dwarven god: "Hello sir! I am Donut, God of Fire, Chaos and Life, and your new neighbour. Between two skirmishes with the greenskins, I finally had the time to come and greet you. Being polite, that kind of stuff. I hope we can develop a friendly and mutually profitable relationship."

"Greetings," you say to the God, your tone cordial. "I am Donut, God of Life, Fire, and Chaos - the new God of Minas Iroh. I would have come by to meet your aquaintance earlier, but between several skirmishes with the greenskins and other matters I've been quite busy. It is my hope that we could have a mutually profitable relationship benefitting us and our worshippers."
The other God seemed to consider that for a moment. "Uristiel, God of Earth, War, and Creation," he grumbled in response. "What did ye have in mind?"

"Trade," you promptly reply. "Minas Iroh possesses many trade resources now that cannot be found anywhere else - and we are also interested in hiring some of your miners to excavate certain...mineral deposits near our fair village."
"There's a mite bit of a problem 'wi that," Uristiel rumbled. "The siege 'ere been going on for a'while now, upwards of six months." 
"Six - months? How in the void did your dwarves have enough supplies to last this long?"
"Years of preparation," Uristiel said proudly. "Be prepared, lest ye run out of beer, thass the dwarven motto," he explained. "Problem is, we've just about run out - and my folk have already stripped the caverns below us of everything edible - and more importantly, brewable."
"I see..."
"I wouldn't mind doing business with ye - just isn' likely the greenskins'll just pack up an leave anytime soon.'"
With that, Uristiel's presence leaves, heading towards the siege to presumably command his forces. Several of the metal golems standing upon the dwarven walls remind you of Tiberius - the most impressive one being made out of pure adamantium, with veins of pulsing blue that you presume is manarack. 

Not quite sure what to do about the situation, you return home. 

actually.. before we mention anything about needing to borrow a few miners or our manarack deposit... we should get to know this guy pretty well.

Lets tell him We figured we'd be neighbourly and introduce ourselves, and that we plan to send merchants his way.

As for Lara, lets grant her that life boon, Both Eldrick and our priest recommended her.

You find Eldrick's fiancee Lara, who currently seems to be making herbal healing poultices in her cottage. "Lara," you greet her pleasantly. "If you have a moment, I have a gift for you."
She set aside her herbs with a smile. "I always have time for the one who saved my Eldrick's life," she replied.
"If you choose to accept it, I can bestow a boon of healing upon you," you tell her. Her eyes widen.
"I'm honored - not really sure if I'm worthy of it, but nothing would make me happier than to be able to heal more people," she said, her eyes alight.

"Good," you reply with a gentle laugh. The verdant energy of Life surrounds her for a moment, and then fades away. "It is done," you tell her.
(Major Healing Boon: -4 Mana/Day)

With the boon, Lara swiftly begins curing everything from warts to arthritis, improving the overall health of the village substantially. This should make it easier to attract migrants, when word spreads.

For the Krait's boon trade, I had an idea: his priestess is likely to have snakes around, probably nesting on her even. So, when she hold a snake, its venom get turned into healing potion, proportional in potency to the venom's.
It make the boon snake-related, plus it become a test of faith of some sort.
Give Lara and Krait's priestess the boons, get an Air boon for Tiberius. It will let him Deep Strike fly, right? And twin-link his flamer boost his flamethrower's effectiveness!

Deciding that Krait's proposed boon-trade would be both practically and diplomatically beneficial, you zoom your awareness to his village's temple.

"Ahhh," Krait's voice said, and his presence appeared next to you. "I hope this means you've agreed to my little trade idea?"
"Indeed," you reply.
Krait's high-priestess Narcissus approaches your presence, and bows. You have a flash of inspiration as you cast the boon, and instead of a standard major healing boon you give her a minor healing boon infused with a hint of Chaos.
(Snake Venom to Healing Elixer Boon, -3 Mana/Day)

After you explain the boon, Narcissa approaches a cobra and lays a hand upon it, closing her eyes. Then, she murmured a command, and two reptile-soldiers brought in a man shivering with some kind of fever. The high-priestess gestured, and the cobra striked at the man, biting deeply into one arm and then withdrawing. The man shuddered, and then the puncture marks left by the cobra's fangs closed themselves. He fell into blissful unconsciousness, the fever already subsiding as the infection was swiftly scoured from his body.
"That's even better than what I had in mind!" Krait said, sounding simultaneously elated at the new development and glum that he hadn't thought of it.

"Now then, what boon would you like a follower to get?"
"Follow me," you reply, travelling back to your village. You find Tiberius standing
idly by Eldrick, watching him raise a new mushroom-tower.
"Ah, the Chaos Golem," Krait chuckled. "What sort of boon?"
"Flying," you reply promptly, and Krait bursts out laughing. "Between this juggernaut and your dragon, you'll have quite the air force," he said approvingly.
You inform Tiberius, and though he looks slightly doubtful of the prospect, he accepts.

A white-blue mist envelops Tiberius, and then Krait said, "Right then, it's done!"
With a creak of metal and the rustle of vines, Tiberius rose into the air, hovering a meter off the ground, rather arkwardly. "He'll get the hang of it," Krait said reassuringly . "It should be enough to power flight for a half-hour a day. Pleasure doing business with you," he said as he sped off towards his own village.

Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 17, 2013, 06:19:08 am »

Siege wise we shouldn't thrown much at it since it not our problem, maybe some firejackets and Laksus(to keep him happy) to harass the goblins.

log
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 17, 2013, 06:35:30 am »

something that we could do for our dwarven neighbour, is to use our life sphere to give the caverns a little boost. so that the dwarves can last a little longer.

sending Laksus, sounds good aswell. it will make him happy, help our dwarven neighbour and make the orcs more pissed at maher as an added bonus :D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 06:40:41 am by Talvara »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: January 17, 2013, 07:37:06 am »

something that we could do for our dwarven neighbour, is to use our life sphere to give the caverns a little boost. so that the dwarves can last a little longer.

sending Laksus, sounds good aswell. it will make him happy, help our dwarven neighbour and make the orcs more pissed at maher as an added bonus :D
sounds like a wonderful plan... :D

EDIT: and if he ask why we're helping him, say that killing orcs and growing food to make friends/allies were the first things we ever did in this world.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 07:56:10 am by kaian-a-coel »
Full Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 17, 2013, 07:45:10 am »

Sound good +1

G D

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 17, 2013, 08:09:04 am »

+1
Dwarfs have adamantine so its likely that they also have access to magma sea, so we can create plants that use warmth as primary source of their growth(similar to firejacket ability). Doing this carefully, to not fill their magma forges with jungles.
Also FUN idea to settle actual firejackets near magma. Nothing can go wrong here.
Except firejacketsplosion.  :)

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 17, 2013, 08:31:10 am »

+1
Dwarfs have adamantine so its likely that they also have access to magma sea, so we can create plants that use warmth as primary source of their growth(similar to firejacket ability). Doing this carefully, to not fill their magma forges with jungles.
Also FUN idea to settle actual firejackets near magma. Nothing can go wrong here.
Except firejacketsplosion.  :)

lets not settle firejackets in other gods domains, A) im sure it would be all kinds of rude, and B) we want to maintain a monopoly on the fire syrup for aslong as we can.

if they do have magma using the heat as a fuelsource to augment the life infusing sounds like a brilliant move

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: January 17, 2013, 09:19:19 am »

Scapheap in your log it says Krait might be death still however added to the fact he can give people flying powers I'm pretty sure that means he has the power of air.
Also +1 to Talvara plan
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 130