Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221165 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #660 on: January 16, 2013, 07:31:59 pm »

May we also do the whole boon-trade with Krait?
Ah, right. Once we decide what to give, who to give it to, and perhaps chat with this person.

This Tranquility thing probably won't sit well with him. He's a very individual God. So are we, and Krait. The three of us likely have plenty of resources, if not to take down, then stand up to that god of Order, Cold, and Death.
Ah, yes, I can't wait until we can make an alliance and perhaps a full-on pantheon...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 16, 2013, 07:40:22 pm »

We should get Krait to give Laksus a boon for Snakes as we're already using him as a sort of "covert" killer. Or we could get a boon of Air for the merchant man in order for him to have better control over the firejackets.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 16, 2013, 08:00:03 pm »

If possible, Laskus getting a Snake boon would be sweet. Or Tiberius. Or a new super-minion.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 16, 2013, 08:49:41 pm »

Remember how when I talked about making firenectar, I though it should be brewable? Fire rum really burns when it goes down...but yeah, that should make an excellent trade good, as well as some Smith's Stones. Smith's Stone are something we would make, our first magical non sentient item. They are around two inches around, just collected from rocks, and produce heat based on how many of them a nearby. This means that if you have one, it's just a little warm to the touch. If you have twenty of them, it can melt steel. Tada. He might like silk too. In return. We get materials, golem plans, bricks, etc.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 16, 2013, 09:43:52 pm »

The problem with the Smith's stones is how are you going to transport such a large amount of them without anything bursting into flames.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 16, 2013, 09:46:29 pm »

The problem with the Smith's stones is how are you going to transport such a large amount of them without anything bursting into flames.
Transport them in metal boxes, which are dropped into the river every dawn, noon, and dusk?
Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 16, 2013, 09:53:54 pm »

If we're going to do the rock thing, then they should have an on/off mode type of thing.  Maybe to turn them on, you have to smack them against another one of the rocks and to turn them off just poor water on them.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 16, 2013, 10:04:50 pm »

If we're going to do the rock thing, then they should have an on/off mode type of thing.  Maybe to turn them on, you have to smack them against another one of the rocks and to turn them off just poor water on them.
Aw, poor water...

Teasing aside, that sounds reasonable.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 16, 2013, 10:14:29 pm »

We're chaos. They should be randomly on or off.

The point is for them to be difficult to transport in large quantities. But here's how it works. They have to be within a foot of another Stone. If that Stone is also within a foot of two stones, but those two are not within a foot of each other, it's still three stones, and they each give off the heat level of three Stones(takes around 15 seconds to build up that heat too; tossing in a new one to heat up the fire won't scorch your hand. It creates a web, allowing many of them to be placed and still used, and also letting them be transported at all.

On another note, it lets us use them as mines, in a way. When they trip a wire, it triggers a slight movement of many stones putting them in a foot of each other, possibly creating a ring of 'fire' around them. And igniting anything nearby. But that can't be bad. Right?

Give Lara and Krait's priestess the boons, get an Air boon for Tiberius. It will let him Deep Strike fly, right? And twin-link his flamer boost his flamethrower's effectiveness!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 16, 2013, 10:16:45 pm »

Yeah yeah *pour*. Go ahead and laugh at the *poor*, tired guy's spelling mistakes.  I blame the damn auto correct.  Stupid thing can't do anything right and my fingers are too big for typing on this thing.
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 16, 2013, 10:28:06 pm »

Ah. My condolences. I thought it was a stupid mistake.

Okay, it was, but it was a stupid mistake by someone else.
Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 16, 2013, 10:32:43 pm »

No problem, I guess it's my own fault.  I really need to stop posting stuff until I get on my computer.
Sure thing peanut man!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 16, 2013, 11:56:27 pm »

Tell him the truth. We've learned the geological landscape, gotten ourselves a foothold, and now are simply looking at the political landscape. Tell him we were debating/we've sent a caravn of goods to this very Stronghold, hopefuly to foster trade for materials we have little of.

Make it obvious we're looking for allies, but don't look weak. Be confident and tall, but amiable and not condescending. We have too many enemies right now and not enough friends, or even neutral parties.

After we're done speaking, maybe tossing about some orcs both as a sign of goodwill and minor show of power, we should head to Ceres and look at the local temples. Those should tell us more about the divine work there than the gods themselves could. Again, we should avoid treading on any toes. Imply we have a bit more power than we really do, but don't overdo it.

We ought to make ourselves something of an avatar as well. A spectral self that doesn't really do much but provide a face to look at for our priests.

Speaking of which, mark the Priest, Azula, and the other guy as our Triad. They'll be higher than high priests. I'm thinking a fairly basic system of Commoner<Priest<High Priest<Triad. Each level up will get a better boon, priests maybe having a minor one, High Priests being a bit more deadly, and the Triad being avatars of Life, Fire and Chaos. The Mages should be a separate faction, Civilian rather than religious in nature. After all, their powers don't come from us and forcing ourselves on them is bad.

Speaking of which, we should make it clear we don't force conversion. In fact, after we have a sizable enough power base we may encourage members of other faiths to join our communities. Mostly of our allies, of course, but allowing neutral gods followers homes in our town will make the whole community stronger.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 17, 2013, 12:20:31 am »

Tell him the truth. We've learned the geological landscape, gotten ourselves a foothold, and now are simply looking at the political landscape. Tell him we were debating/we've sent a caravn of goods to this very Stronghold, hopefuly to foster trade for materials we have little of.

Make it obvious we're looking for allies, but don't look weak. Be confident and tall, but amiable and not condescending. We have too many enemies right now and not enough friends, or even neutral parties.

After we're done speaking, maybe tossing about some orcs both as a sign of goodwill and minor show of power, we should head to Ceres and look at the local temples. Those should tell us more about the divine work there than the gods themselves could. Again, we should avoid treading on any toes. Imply we have a bit more power than we really do, but don't overdo it.

We ought to make ourselves something of an avatar as well. A spectral self that doesn't really do much but provide a face to look at for our priests.

Speaking of which, mark the Priest, Azula, and the other guy as our Triad. They'll be higher than high priests. I'm thinking a fairly basic system of Commoner<Priest<High Priest<Triad. Each level up will get a better boon, priests maybe having a minor one, High Priests being a bit more deadly, and the Triad being avatars of Life, Fire and Chaos. The Mages should be a separate faction, Civilian rather than religious in nature. After all, their powers don't come from us and forcing ourselves on them is bad.

Speaking of which, we should make it clear we don't force conversion. In fact, after we have a sizable enough power base we may encourage members of other faiths to join our communities. Mostly of our allies, of course, but allowing neutral gods followers homes in our town will make the whole community stronger.

If we are going to make Theocracy we should probably make it clear that they shouldn't hold much political power outside their own branch perhaps we should also make a civilian branch so they can govern themselves but for now I think we should just set up a small religious branch.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 17, 2013, 12:22:32 am »

Sorry double post.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 130