Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 130

Author Topic: You are a new God  (Read 221087 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: You are a new God
« Reply #615 on: January 15, 2013, 07:21:46 pm »

Yay we really scored with the dragon imo.  Maybe we should ally with Maher and the local chaos god against the empire of tranquility.  At least temporarily.  Also how about a mate for our dragon?  Unless it's asexual or something like that.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 15, 2013, 07:24:52 pm »

Yay we really scored with the dragon imo.  Maybe we should ally with Maher and the local chaos god against the empire of tranquility.  At least temporarily.  Also how about a mate for our dragon?  Unless it's asexual or something like that.
I would agree that this sounds like a good idea. Although temporary alliances with Maher have been shot down when I proposed them in the past and I also suggested making a dragon's mate...

Geez, we need something that enhances fertility. And possibly growth rate. Gimme a bit...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 15, 2013, 07:45:19 pm »

Come on guys, if we make the gourd trees, we'll be invincible! And Corruptor?
Gourd Trees- Can be controlled by a person with a life boon. Launch spore shells that explode on impact, sores create new trees and turn things they touch into Fungus Spawn. Firejackets also nest in them and store a little bit of their fire nectar in the shells, which gives them more *bang*.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 15, 2013, 08:09:54 pm »

In what universe would Gourd Trees make us invincible? They're alive and flammable, two major weaknesses even if they somehow were proof against 100% of invaders 100% of the time.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 15, 2013, 08:17:07 pm »

In what universe would Gourd Trees make us invincible? They're alive and flammable, two major weaknesses even if they somehow were proof against 100% of invaders 100% of the time.
No, the Gourd Trees makes us invincible since we would have all our bases covered, foot soldiers- fungus spawn, aerial support- firejackets, tanks- dragon, and heavy artillery- gourd trees. Also, the trees aren't flammable, the fire nectar from the firejackets nesting in them is.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 15, 2013, 08:19:32 pm »

We could add gourd launchers onto our mushroom towers.
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 15, 2013, 08:23:08 pm »

No, the Gourd Trees makes us invincible since we would have all our bases covered, foot soldiers- fungus spawn, aerial support- firejackets, tanks- dragon, and heavy artillery- gourd trees. Also, the trees aren't flammable, the fire nectar from the firejackets nesting in them is.
1. We currently have a handful of fungus spawn (albeit a number of plant soldiers to back them up), "aerial support" which doesn't even have ranged attacks, a single tank, and enemies which probably outnumber us dozens to one if they chose to.
2. Even if all that was true, we wouldn't be "invincible." Tougher? Yes. Invincible? Heck no.
3. The gourds may be nonflammable, but the trees are probably inflammable. Which means it burns. Man, what a country! Seriously, though, we have severe weaknesses.

We could add gourd launchers onto our mushroom towers.
What kind of mushroom has gourds? We'd have to add spore launchers, such an awesome idea that I advocate we do it at some point.
Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 15, 2013, 08:28:38 pm »

Yeah spore launchers are basically what I meant, I'm just tired.  Anyway I still think beetles would be cool too.  They can fly and have a ranged attack.  Maybe instead of fire, have them spit acid just to mix things up.  Hmm in retrospect fire and life was an interesting combination to pick for our God.  I feel like we have to worry about friendly fire a lot (no pun intended).  Still can't argue with the cool golem and dragon thing we've got going.
Sure thing peanut man!

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 15, 2013, 09:02:15 pm »

I was thinking more a permanent air force sort of like plant-bug hybrids that stay up in the air for long periods of time and only come down when they need to rest up reserves. We could have fighters to bombers to airborne aircraft carriers capable of making deep strikes behind enemy lines.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 15, 2013, 09:26:05 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For scapheap this was 6 turns agp

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 15, 2013, 10:43:42 pm »

Perhaps... I have it.

Huge organic 'hot-air-ballons' kept aloft by an internal fire. When they are over enemy territory, they can deploy clouds of spores to blanket the ground.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 15, 2013, 10:47:45 pm »

Perhaps... I have it.

Huge organic 'hot-air-ballons' kept aloft by an internal fire. When they are over enemy territory, they can deploy clouds of spores to blanket the ground.

Hot air balloons sound a bit too vulnerable but maybe something that floats through chaos magic instead but still drops spores down like you said.
Sure thing peanut man!

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 15, 2013, 10:50:13 pm »

Perhaps somewhat vulnerable, but if they get shot down they face a massive diseased spore-filled flaming glob of biomass.

If they can even get hit; they would be at a HIGH altitude.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 15, 2013, 10:53:13 pm »

"Useful as a beast of burden and for war," Krait observed approvingly. "Which reminds me, the feast! How does a week from today sound?"

You're momentarily distracted from replying to Krait by Laksus's voice, speaking to you from out in the field. "My Lord," he said. "I found the orc raiders, there seems to be quite a lot of them - more than a hundred. And they seem to be preparing a ritual, they have some bruised and bloodied human prisoners that I presume will be sacrificed."

As you ponder who to reply to first and how to reply, dawn breaks and 97 mana flows into you.

For scapheap this was 6 turns agp
Ah does that mean that the feast is tommorrow? if so yikes we must get ready! im going on the basist that the turns are most of the time take a span of a day if we still got time can someone count out how long till the feast.
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 15, 2013, 11:02:19 pm »

Well I agree with the overall idea, I'm just saying it might be better if they could fly using chaos energy instead of heat energy.

Speaking of floating stuff with chaos energy... Floating castles anyone?  Maybe floating castles with mages on the walls shooting down fireballs on our enemies down below?  Not a lot of floating castles mind you just maybe one as a super awesome main base.

Also on an unrelated note but how about we start training all of our natural mages as an elite priest ruler class in our society.  They'll be trained to use their magic as best as possible and hopefully they can cast some magic that is not in our normal domains to diversify things a bit.  Then when they're all trained up and really loyal we'll put them in areas to govern them and keep our subjects loyal to us.  I think we should be more careful with these guys because they probably have the potential to spread out our magic paths and they also don't cost us any upkeep like our boon guys.

I think boons should mainly be used for extremely important people and for our military.  I'm thinking life boons for medics and support guys who also lead our plant soldiers.  Chaos boons would be able to warp our enemies into mutants that serve us.  Fire boons would do the obvious and kill stuff with fire.
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 130